Dark stools

• Thread starter PumpingBricks70
  • Start date

PumpingBricks70

Awards
I just took a dump and some of my crap was black. I forgot what this means. Maybe I ate some bad chicken or something. I don't know. I was wondering if anyone can chime in on this. Thanks. Oh I have been using Ephedrine for quite a while now.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
black could also mean you might have some bleeding somewhere in the GI tract, like an ulcer..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Black and tarry generally means bleeding somewhere in the upper-middle GI tract. Seeing red blood in stools is generally the result of hemorrhaging in the lower GI tract/rectum area-

OR a samurai sword being lodged in your lower abdomen can do this as well.

PumpingBricks70

Awards
black could also mean you might have some bleeding somewhere in the GI tract, like an ulcer..
Interesting. I feel alright so I'm not too worried. Would a possible ulcer cause me some pain?

PumpingBricks70

Awards
Black and tarry generally means bleeding somewhere in the upper-middle GI tract. Seeing red blood in stools is generally the result of hemorrhaging in the lower GI tract/rectum area-

OR a samurai sword being lodged in your lower abdomen can do this as well.
Luckily I didn't see any tar or red blood. :) I'll keep an eye on things.

lol I don't think it was the samurai sword... :p

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If it's a one time thing, it's probably something you ate or drank. If this occurs consistently, you need to get a lab stool done to rule in/out blood from gi bleed.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
If you took pepto that will make your stool dark.