270g of pro in aday

Pika

Awards
Hi guys i have been told that you need 1.5 g of pro per pound of body weight ?

Is this true? Im trying to cut up to 168bls im now 180bls so il need 270g of pro aday! How? I mean 5 meals aday would have to be 60g of pro ok so the reason i posted this is i cant find the answer no where! Im 21 student and for me to get like loads and loads of food its going to cost the bomb right? How can anyone get that? Or is it mostly shakes? Thanks alot guys please help

Pika

Awards
So its 1g ? Im realy confused as theres so much diffrent fews :(

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1.5 when training real intense and losing bodyfat fast.-even up to 1.7 grams per pound -Ive taken in 2 grams per pound before-farts were horrible -I was taking in a good amount of carbs with this as well-This was 4 years ago. now a days about 1.5 is the highest ill go I take in bcaa's as well so this can cut down on "calorie-protein numbers"

1 per pound at other times when carbs are higher , esp like after a contest (or after coming off a strict bodyfat reduction diet) or when not training hard or taking a break-you probally could go lower when not lifting-even with my injuries and time off-I still manage to train something whether it be legs only

Pika

Awards
Oh well i train 4 days aweek im 180bls at 5'7 im tryin to go on a cut doit bro but have no clue! 5 meals aday each one with 60g of protine how!!! Lol im a student i mean how do i aford 270g of pro aday? My carbs will be at 60g aday cals at 2200 any thoughts?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Oh well i train 4 days aweek im 180bls at 5'7 im tryin to go on a cut doit bro but have no clue! 5 meals aday each one with 60g of protine how!!! Lol im a student i mean how do i aford 270g of pro aday? My carbs will be at 60g aday cals at 2200 any thoughts?
you're facing the same challenges as everyone else. if you want it, you'll find a way.

I usually get 100-120g from shakes and then 150-200 in food.

if you haven't heard of it, check out the leangains/Intermittent fasting thread. in the 8 hour window, I find it easier to eat higher protein.

if your carbs are low, up your fat.
natural pb
almond/almond butter
olive oil
fish oil
extra virgin coconut oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Your right bro thanks il try think of somthink
you'll figure it out along the way.

chicken eggs and tuna are pretty cheap.

chilli is a good, tasty, way to get in some easy macros. the beans are complex carbs - or go with no beans.

just google meals, take ideas from everywhere.

I rely on sharp cheddar for extra protein and fat.

some days it's just gonna suck chewing and chewing...but you get thru it because you want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pika

Awards
I cant do it lol iv bin adding it up and its just not getting there ...

830am 30g of whey
9am 2 whole eggs with 30g of weetabix and 5 egg whites ?

12pm ??

See i could do tunna but thats only 30g of pro the way i see it is if i get and eat like 1000g of chicken aday ?? Help :( lol

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
at your weight you dont need 270grams of protein....1g per LEAN body mass.....if you weigh 180lbs its not all lean mass. Say your 15% bodyfat. Thats at most 153lbs of lean mass. so say 150-200g of protein a day, just try to get it all from real food, not shakes.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
they call bodybuilders meatheads for a reason......EAT alot of meat
try a 50g shake in the morning
or eggs if youd like
LUNCH
8oz chicken for lunch plus whatever source of carbs
PRE W/O
25g protein shake preworkout
P W/O
50g protein shake after workout plus carbs
DINNER
8oz chicken/tuna/turkey/lean red meat.....whatever
SNACKS
almonds, cashews peanuts healthy nuts
PRE BED cottage cheese before bed is what i like

whatever you do keep the calories in check so that your burning more calories thatn your consuming to stay on point with your cutting plans

Pika

Awards
Ohh i get ya bro im aroubd 20% bf bro ... Heres my new diet

Cutting diet

9am 3 eggs with 30g of weetabix with smii skined milk.

12pm 210g of chicken with 30g of brown rice.

3pm 130g of tuna with 1 apple

Gym at 4:30 till 6pm then 30g of whey shake and 1 large banana.

7pm 210g of chicken with 30g of brown rice.

10pm 100g of nuts with 30g of whey shake .

Maybye i should cut it down? As il be eatibg aroubd 275g of pro on this and around 60 to 80 of carbs ??

charlie335

Awards
80g of carbs a day? is this real life? how do you lift?

Pika

Awards
Lol im just trying to cut bro around 80g of carbs and 80g of fats i mean if this is wrong pleaae tell ?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
yeah id lower the protein intake and increase carbs and healthy fats, just make sure your daily calorie intake is at or below maintenance for your weight, but really whatever works for you then do that..... if your losing fat then keep at what your doing.

Pika

Awards
Thanks but are you sure about the 200g aday of protine thing?? As im bein told loads diffrent things people say its 2g per bodyweight not lean mass? Thanks also what you think my bodyfat is?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
yes im sure........i hate eating protein and dont believe its neccessary to consume that much protein. if your juicing then its beneficial as you'll actually absorb the extra protein while ON. but otherwise its just extra calories, why not get them from things you like to eat... also that little of carbs and fats just forces your body to shift over to the unused protein for energy.....its all about balance. heres a link that may help you. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/protein_requirements_reevaluated.htm

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
80g of carbs a day? is this real life? how do you lift?
I've had some of the best workouts (and results) ever averaging under 50 g carbs a day. YMMV

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I don't think your 20% bf looks like 15-16% to me.