Any tip for successful weight loss?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.17%

Any tip for successful weight loss?

Hello friends...!
    I want to reduce our weight so what is the best way....? Any tip for successful weight loss...? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance...!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Our? Who's plural there? lol

Anyway. Be more specific. The best way is diet and exercise.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%

1. To be completely honest, the best and fastest way to lose WEIGHT is to eat way below maintenance levels, regardless of what you eat. Eating about 1,500 calories a day (if you are an average male) will make you lose weight very fast. Just get an appetite suppressant and you're set to go.

2. However, if you want to lose FAT and maintain muscle, then you need to eat slightly below maintenance levels (about 500 to 1,000 calories under maintenance), plus you need to consume higher amounts of protein AND you need to lift weights.

Most people here fail to recognize, however, the amount of mental confidence and self-esteem that one needs to achieve number 2, especially when one is 30 or more lbs overweight. Once you are down to the last 15 or 20 lbs, however, it becomes much easier to keep a better diet and exercise regimen.

If you are more than 30 lbs overweight, however, and have trouble jump-starting the process, the best option is number 1, for the moment. Yes, you might lose muscle, but at that weight, that is the lesser of two evils. You will lose starting weight fast and you will gain the confidence to maintain weight loss. Once you are established and motivated, you move on to number 2.

I believe this is the best way to lose weight.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.75%

Fiber always works for me. Consuming fiber is a helpful way to loose weight because it is a way to detox your body. It helps break down toxins and is a great fat fighting food.
    MOD EDIT: No advertising in sig, sorry.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.3%

When it comes to diet I find the number one element is carb control. Minimizing the carbohydrate intake and proper timing of consumption. In addition, the kinds of carbohydrates (as mentioned above) are important too. Avoid simple sugars (monosaccharides, disaccharides) and stick with complex/low glycemic carbs. Examples are yams, brown rice, oatmeal, steel cut oats, wheat germ, bran. The less processed it is the better, less gluten.

No one needs dairy in their diet, period. It makes the skin kinda loose and flabby and lactose is a menace to the metabolism. This doesnt include eggs, i dont consider them dairy.

Green, fibrous grreen vegetables are key. They provide insoluble dietary fiber that aid in cleansing and digestion. They don't count in daily macronutrient totals because they are metabolically inert. They do provide nitrogen and antioxidants to minimize muscle breakdown and all the other fun health nut stuff.

Fats make you skinny. Your omega 3's 6's 9's, TTA, Arachidoic acid, ECA. The unsaturated fats - ones liquid at room temperature. Oils, nuts, and fish fats. Sesame oil is a godsend here. Fish oil, krill oil are staples nowadays. Almonds, walnuts, all natural/organic nut butters. Salmon and other darker fish meats should be wild caught, they dont provide much but its more than farm raised. Sardines are one of your best sources.

As for exercise: that AM cardio really shouldnt be fasted. Throw back a scoop of whey concentrate before jumping on the elliptical. Your body sint so stressed out about giving up energy if it knows it has some intake. Post workout cardio is always beneficial, although some say lactic acid gets broken down first sources are minimal. You dont necessarily need to sweat bullets, as long as heart rate is above 120. Lighter weight/more reps isnt exactly 100% accurate for fat burning, but theres no denying resistance training is the most effective method of burning calories.

Sleep: get good rest. The body holds extra weight from stress without proper recovery time. I struggle with this as I work night shift.

Sodium: dont eliminate it for health reasons, but limit your intake to not hold so much extra water and other junk in the blood stream. Especially in heavy weight training, your body needs extra sodium not always supplied by dietary food.

SOLID FOOD: dont rely on supplements. They only fill in the gaps. left out by diet and training.

Supplements: Im currently stacking PES Alpha-T2 and Erase with DS Lean Extreme. Also taking SNS TTA-500 and ALCAR. OxyElite Pro has been a best seller, Ive had good success with GAT Jet Fuel. Animal Cuts works good but I take out the red pill - the stims make my head spin. Gaspari Spirodex and Phenorex did nothing for me. Or you could just save you money and stack ephedra/caffeine/aspirin. Mind you, these are to supplement diet and training, not be the primary agent in fat loss.

These are tips for BODY RE COMPOSITION. Not necessarily weigh loss. If im gonna shed some weight Im gonna keep my lean mass as much as possible.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    2. However, if you want to lose FAT and maintain muscle, then you need to eat slightly below maintenance levels (about 500 to 1,000 calories under maintenance), plus you need to consume higher amounts of protein AND you need to lift weights.

OP if you need help with this part at all,i think Ol' Dwight Schrute posted an article about it a couple weeks/days ago.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.75%

I agree with high fiber for weight loss. It is safe, tested and proven.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=135383
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

Keep the losses slow to maintain muscle, remember loss of weight and loss of fat arent the same.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Try the Serge Kreutz diet. You can enjoy any food you like, and you
    will lose weight nevertheless.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

Drink water in excess on daily basis..
    Eat natural and organic one foods like veggies and fruits also helps much...
    Fruits helps much in this session of losing weight...
    Best one fat burner like the green tea helps much in this regards...
    Best one exercise plan will help you better one....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXE_isOLp5A
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

Cutting out carbs completely is a great way to lose weight. If you look on google scholar youll find that low carb diets are more effective and have lower drop out rates than conventional calorie restirction diets.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

You may also want to try topomax for appetite suppression or cytomel to make cardio easier
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.67%

There is so much diet advice and diet's its crazy. Read up, learn what you are doing and find what works best for you. You may hate low carb diets or doing cardio 1st am on an empty stomach.

Some basic and cheap supplements:

fish oil
    green tea ECGc
    caffine
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.8%

Quote Originally Posted by alanpartridge View Post
    You may also want to try topomax for appetite suppression or cytomel to make cardio easier
    cytomel requires alot of consideration. its not just a weightloss sup
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I do my cardio after my workout, and it has helped me slim down quite a bit i don't get as good a run early in the morning as i do after my lift. I usually just end up doing a hard 1-2 miles at 8.5 speed or above the whole way and its helped me slim down.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fat-Weight loss help please..
    By cstreet in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
  2. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 09:37 PM
  4. weight loss w/o muscle loss