Too wake up or not to wake

8 pak man

Awards
OK just wondering what all you guys here think? Some people i talk to think that they have to wake up during the night to get some food to prevent their body going into catabolism but i dont think it is good to wake up during the middle of your sleep. I just say get some milk and cottage cheese in you before bed and you will be fine. What is all of your opinoins on this subject?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Either way. If you eat enough long lasting protien you should be fine. I usually wake up anyways in the night. I would not wake myself up to eat something but if I woke up then I would have a shake or somehitng quick.. Talk to ya.

Bone

Awards
Yup..............I dont think its worth it to wake up. Of coarse I ALWAYS wake up having to use the bathroom anyway. Why not take advantage of that? ;)

Peace

Bone

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
This is a very good thread.....Im too am not a fan of nocturnal feeding. 8 hours of UN-BROKEN sleep must occur for optimal muscle growth. A couple forms of casien protein bonded together before bed is more than enough to carry through the night.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Thanx YJ.....Talk to ya...

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that any form of protein will last 8 hours...Im sure that at some point, you start to get catabolic for a little while... Are we really missing out on a ton of potential growth?? who knows... Some people think its more important just to get the sleep then worry about that extra little bit of protein....

My solution:

Sleep 12 hours... AND eat something in the middle of the night :D

heh

ChaseRoy

Awards
WYD....if we could all be so lucky bro, lol. I read somewhere that flex (in his prime) used to sleep for 16 hours/day. Of course he would wake up and take in food. But sounds like you are on the same page with him...lucky you.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
WYD....if we could all be so lucky bro, lol. I read somewhere that flex (in his prime) used to sleep for 16 hours/day. Of course he would wake up and take in food. But sounds like you are on the same page with him...lucky you.
heheh, I didnt say that I got 12 hours... but it would be my solution :D hehehe

Actually, On the weekends I get 10-12....

:)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
waking up and taking in some protein has its place...but on certain goals/diets. also, its either sacrificing sleep for less catabolic state. and vice versa. but one can battle the catabolic thing before you hit the sack, (of course taking in slower releasing protein, efa, etc)