New to this...trying to lose weight...help with pills?

sofriscofresh

Awards
Hi, this is my first time posting here and im really hoping i can get some good answers to help me on the path to lose more weight. Im 27, i weigh 251 lbs, height 5'7". dont really have a target weight, but would like to start by losing 50 first and maybe end up at 150lbs.

I have worked out before, i have done p90x for about a month and a half but stopped due to no more time. The workouts were good and i was able to keep up. Now i want to try insanity since i heard it might help me lose weight quicker. i might be overweight but im an athletic type of guy.

My question is this, i have read about weight loss pills such as leviathan reloaded and i was wondering if it something i should take. I also heard that people take it with other pills, not really sure about what is a good combo for me to take.

Thanks for reading, hope to get some great answers!

jacked814

Awards
Your number 1 priority in loosing weight is nutrition. All these pills and workouts will do nothing for you if you aren't watching what you eat. I just bought $150 in fat loss supplements for this month, but I already calculate everything I eat and am already loosing weight, the supplements will just make me loose faster. If you are not loosing any weight and watching your nutrition right now, the pills won't do you any good.

With that being said. A good and cheap combo is the EC stack. If you want something else, try one or a few of the following HEAT, DCP(TTA burner), Slin-sane(nutrient partitioner), and Lean Xtreme(cortisol control, great for low calorie diets or when stacked with EC)

But again really, watching what you eat will make you lose more weight than any pill on the earth.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
First and foremost: there is no magic pill that will make you look better just by taking it. Sorry, the media tries to trick you so they can make money. The call them "supplements" because they supplement diet and exercise. They're only meant to fill in the gaps. You can't just take a pill and magically have before and after pictures. Silly, mislead Americans...

Moving on. P90x and Insanity are pretty much the same thing - they're endorsed by the same company. Not saying they don't work, I'm just indifferent to it. Cardio is very important as well. But that's only 20% of it.

The other 80% is your diet. And not just what you do after your workout, your diet all day/day-to-day. If your diet is shot, then your training and supplementation really won't make too much a difference.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
There is no best weight loss pill,sure some of them work but you'll have better fitness if you loss it by first and foremost diet,then your major fat loss will be cardio think of it as a tredmill ect. being a fat loss pill. My thoery on fat loss pills is that if your that lazy that you have to take one instead of doing cardio thats probaly why your needing to lose fat in the first place.

Don't mean to piss anyone off i took them before but lost the most with diet and cardio.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
There is no best weight loss pill,sure some of them work but you'll have better fitness if you loss it by first and foremost diet,then your major fat loss will be cardio think of it as a tredmill ect. being a fat loss pill. My thoery on fat loss pills is that if your that lazy that you have to take one instead of doing cardio thats probaly why your needing to lose fat in the first place.

Don't mean to piss anyone off i took them before but lost the most with diet and cardio.
Nutrition is the key my friend, its the only way to get shredded. The pills may give you extra energy to workout harder, but IMO fat burners are not magical. I would check out Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. It's an E-Book and it looks like a scam on the site (IT IS NOT A SCAM), it will change your life, ive been following his nutrition philosophy for at least a year now and dropped about 40lbs and 12% body fat. Losing weight is hardwork, but it can be done. Keep your head in the game my friend, and good luck.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/177113-4wk-androhard-androlean.html

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
OP, Look up terms like BMR, Harris Bennedict Equation and daily calorie needs.

Start out with your dailly calorie needs -500 and put a diet together. (You may need to post in the nutrition section to get help on WHEN to eat certain things.

Stick with the diet, and exercise program and then look at supplements.....

My suggestion would be Oxyelitepro or AlphaT2, then you could add in Shift if you want.

Good luck!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, this is my first time posting here and im really hoping i can get some good answers to help me on the path to lose more weight. Im 27, i weigh 251 lbs, height 5'7". dont really have a target weight, but would like to start by losing 50 first and maybe end up at 150lbs.

I have worked out before, i have done p90x for about a month and a half but stopped due to no more time. The workouts were good and i was able to keep up. Now i want to try insanity since i heard it might help me lose weight quicker. i might be overweight but im an athletic type of guy.

My question is this, i have read about weight loss pills such as leviathan reloaded and i was wondering if it something i should take. I also heard that people take it with other pills, not really sure about what is a good combo for me to take.

Thanks for reading, hope to get some great answers!

Don't focus on a target weight, but a target BODY COMPOSITION. Find out what you are now, set a goal, and then you can figure out how long it will take you to reach it - aim for a 0.5% bodyfat loss a week.

If you're only getting back into training again, then sort out your NUTRITION AND TRAINING, especially NUTRITION, since that is the primary factor that will determine your success (or lack of it) re fat loss. There is no "one size fits all" nutritional approach for fat loss - for example, some people diet ridiculously, whilst others like me don't diet but train very hard and intense. Experiment to find out what your body responds best to is the best way to do it - once you know what your Maintenance calories are, you can start off with a "base" or generic fat loss nutrition plan, but if you do, I recommend adjusting it weekly based on your results from that week, so that you get and continue making progress.

Start being consistent with your training, instead of on and off - if you're not consistent with anything, you're not going to progress, period!

As far as supplements, forget about them until you get the BASICS RIGHT! Supplements are NOT "magic pills" that give you results and they are should only be used to SUPPLEMENT your nutrition and training!

I seriously recommend that you download and read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the BASIC STAPLES needed if you are getting back into training or not already relatively lean and just wanting to lose that last little bit of bodyfat), and training for effective and successful fat loss. Apply the principles in the article and you will see results - if you don't get results, you're not doing something right.

Nutrition is the key my friend, its the only way to get shredded. The pills may give you extra energy to workout harder, but IMO fat burners are not magical. I would check out Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. It's an E-Book and it looks like a scam on the site (IT IS NOT A SCAM), it will change your life, ive been following his nutrition philosophy for at least a year now and dropped about 40lbs and 12% body fat. Losing weight is hardwork, but it can be done. Keep your head in the game my friend, and good luck.
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is an EXCELLENT book - in fact, I've had several of my clients read it, as well as others who are looking for the most comprehensive (way more complete and comprehensive than my The 3 Keys to Fat Loss article) coverage of everything in an easy to understand format.

~Rosie~

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Please post your current diet, and we will help you make it more effective.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
U should lose those first 50lbs u want to lose before even using a fat burner IMO