Refeed Leptin question for those under 10% BF

rezakhan

Awards
Refeed Leptin question for those under 10% BF (Will be posting results of 3400 refee)

Hey guys ive gone around more or less 10% bodyfat and have been told to start refeeding every 2 days 1.5X above maintenance. so here are some facts about my regular diet and questions follow:
2 days- raw eggs, salmon , shakes , chicken etc very low calories almot no carbs (cept from cashew butter and fat from olive oil)
3rd day I usually wind up having a low gi carb meal.
Now my dilemma is this friend of mine is reccomending i eat 1.5X above maintenance every 2-3 i weigh 154 pounds that adds up to 154X15= 2310 X 1.5= 3465 calories!!! thats a hell lot.. he is a competing fitness model as well but i dont know if he trying to sabotage me or what? he also says to eat high gi and low carbs such as gummy bears, pasta, potatoes, pancakes, syrup, low fat potato chips and keep my protein intake to 1 gram per pound and fat to a minimum.
Does this make sense guys ?? i know there lots of people with good knowledge on the forum thats why i ask..
Do you think this is a good idea according to my bodyweight and fat %?
Do you really need so many calories to raise leptin? wouldnt this be considered binge eating??
Really appreciate feedback guys I have never been this close to my dream bodyfat level this is why i must make sure :jaw:

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I wish I knew more so Im glad you posted this question.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am literally writing an article at the moment that contains information about carb cycling. There is no standardised approach that suits everyone (obviously) so here are some guidelines that I personally recommend.

- Is your refeed day for carbohydrates in general or calories? Psychologically some people use a refeed to eat whatever they crave so they can stay strict on the other days. This was my personal approach as it allowed flexibility.
- Refeed days (150% caloric intake as an example) can be utilised depending on your level of body fat and your goal. Every fifth day is a good starting point, more frequently if you are leaner.
- If you find that your body fat levels are not dropping with this approach then cut the refeed days to refeed evenings.
- If you find that a refeed day slows your fat loss then improve the quality of your food and go for more frequently used foods like rice, quinoa and potatoes rather than sweets.
- If you start losing muscle tissue then you can increase your carb intake or caloric intake, especially on your refeed day.
- Most importantly, assess your progress. Refeed days often leave you looking better the next day if you get it right. If you get it wrong you can feel bloated and lethargic. Pay attention to your body's biofeedback and play it smart.

Best of luck. :)

rezakhan

Awards
So what your saying is its basically a matter of trial and error? what ive noticed is after 2 days of very low calories and carbs my muscles do look less full and "softer", but im quite afraid of eating 3000+ calories of carbs in one day, i dont think i can eat that much and second phycoligically doesnt make sense to me knowing u need to be on a deficit to lose fat, judging by your avatar i would say my bodyfat is around the same as yours maybe even slightly less although you look alot bigger and more muscular than i am.. what works for you? do you eat high gi carbs 1.5% maintenance on refeeds? and how often? thanks again in advance bdcc advice from advanced bodybuilders such as yourself is always appreciated :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Psychologically it is often a big factor. I found it quite hard increasing my carbohydrate intake as I had gone for so long avoiding them.

Trial and error is more important than anything, nobody stumbles across what works perfectly for them first time. Even professional bodybuilders and fitness models have some contests or photo shoots where they come in looking flat as they misjudged their refeed.

Personally on refeeds I keep my foods fairly clean. I can't eat pizzas and doughnuts and get away with it. They upset my stomach and make me feel horrible for more than the rest of the day. My refeeds tend to be with gluten free grains. I know some people whose refeeds before big photoshoots involve anything from pizza to chocolate milk and pretty much everything in between. They can eat just about anything food group wise and they get great results so it would not be for me to exclude that approach either.

The important thing is to know what to do and how to approach it to find what works best, in my opinion. :)

rezakhan

Awards
Thanks man! :D im gonna try that tmrw and splurge in 3000 calories of carbs and post my results here for anyone that is interested :D carbs are gonna come as reccomended by my friend, gummy bears, low fat chips, bagels, pasta & oatmeal ill keep it updated !

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
bdcc, i want this publication.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bdcc, i want this publication.
Thank you. The articles are going to be used on the new PES website and are free of charge to read. You can expect to see them on there very soon indeed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. :)

Ben

spimp187

Awards
Thanks man! :D im gonna try that tmrw and splurge in 3000 calories of carbs and post my results here for anyone that is interested :D carbs are gonna come as reccomended by my friend, gummy bears, low fat chips, bagels, pasta & oatmeal ill keep it updated !
My suggestions would be to add 20% calories on the re-feed day, monitor the impact, adjust as necessary. I think a common mistake slot of people make is making drastic changes too quickly. Same thing when people start cutting.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive never been under 12%bf myself but that sounds slightly excessive on the refeeds. If you really want the best answer to this question youll need to look through Lyle's website bodyrecomposition.com.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Haha thats open on my desk right now - Im still tweaking my diet.