What do you eat for breakfast?

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just trying to canvas opinion on the best way to start the day..

Personally i eat a big bowl of oats with raisins, when i get to work i have a couple of hard boiled eggs. (I know its not ideal, hence the thread)

Be interested to here how some of yo guys go about preparing/eating all your eggs in a morning.

All comments welcome

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
4 egg omelette with tomatoes and onions, white rice, 8oz of milk, 8oz of juice. That's nowadays, I'm cutting down a bit from my previous diet where my usual breakfast was 8 egg omelette with cheese, tomatoes, and onions, french toast with syrup, and bacon. Yeah, I wondered why I weighed in at 270. :)

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats some serious breakfast! at 270lbs though i guess you need it. Could I ask, do you eat all your eggs whole? whites? Thanks for you reply Beelzebub

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, oatmeal, and water..

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Matthew, how do you eat those eggs? raw? in your oats? shake?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I eat whole eggs for now. The chow hall won't make it to my exact specifications. They could give a f^^k less what I eat, as long as I can run 3 miles under 25 minutes. I'm not 270 anymore, cut down to 248 and feel a helluva lot better. And most importantly, my lifts are still climbing.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
scambled... with alittle bit of Molly McButter and black pepper

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
one or two chicken breast(depending on size) with tabasco sauce and a cup of quaker oats.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
6-8 egg whites on 9-grain bread with either hot sauce or fake butter (fat free). The egg whites are prepared with some e.v.o.o and a glass of skim or soy milk (sometimes with protein powder), an apple most days, and might throw in a hand full of thos low-carb cereal. I days i feel like being 'somewhat less stricted', i make a batch of some buckwehat organic pancakes, made with egg whites only, e.v.o.o, half a serving of protein powder, and a banana. (topped off with sugar free maple syrup of course)
Sage

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have a great breakfest IMO...40 grams of whey protien,after 8 hours of no food whey protien is the ticket..I mix that with 4 tablespoons of coconut oil..2 tea bags of green tea(just rip it open and pour it in) 1/2 cup of oatmeal...Raw whole oat's...very important and 1/4 cup of wheat germ,2 whole eggs.....all mixed together...Now that is the way to start your day...

xMikeDieselx

Awards
Just started a CKD diet. My breakfast the past few days has been one serving of chocolate Pro Complex with 8oz of Atkins milk. & one serving of low carb PB.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
4 tablespoon coconut oil? :blink:
Sage

Sage I mix it in with my shake in the morning..Coconut oil is probably the healthiest oil you can consume...Plus it helps to reduce bodyfat.....IM on a cutting as well..

PS:I only use organic or unrefined oil....My skin never looked so good!!!!...to bad judges will not give me points for that.. :rofl:

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Just started a CKD diet. My breakfast the past few days has been one serving of chocolate Pro Complex with 8oz of Atkins milk. & one serving of low carb PB.
Thats an awful breakfast for CKD IMO. Hell, on a CKD I will at most use a protein shake once a day. WHere's the good fats, and whats the breakdown on low carb PB?

Why not some eggs, cheese, and fish oil?

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
Bowl of oatmeal (2% milk ,no sugar) and two soops of whey.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
1 whole egg 3 egg whites
4 oz lean meat
1/2 grapefruit

obviously cutting.........

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
6 whole eggs, 2 packets of oatmeal, 1 cup of o.j.
40 grams whey protein 1 hr later

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
6 egg whites, 1 whole egg with fat free cheese on whole wheat toast, and half a cup of oats w/sugar subsitute, and cinnamon.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
a bowl of of Kashi Go Lean cereal (2 servings), and a shake with 10 oz of milk, 2 scoops of ON's whey, a spoonful of pb, and lots of ice

xMikeDieselx

Awards
Thats an awful breakfast for CKD IMO. Hell, on a CKD I will at most use a protein shake once a day. WHere's the good fats, and whats the breakdown on low carb PB?

Why not some eggs, cheese, and fish oil?
It's the best thing I could eat when I've got about 3 minutes to get my ass out the door to work.

The breakdown for that whole meal is:
Cals = 420
Fat = 23grams
Carb= 6 grams
Pro = 47 grams

Doesn't look like that bad of a breakdown to me - especially when in a hurry.

Chunky

Awards
5 slices of wheat bread
2 can of tuna
1 apple
1 yogurt
1 L water

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had staight oatmeal in my life. Always end up putting splenda, choc protein powder, a banana in it, or cook it with milk. Cmon, do you all really eat it straight?
Sage

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Ive never had staight oatmeal in my life. Always end up putting splenda, choc protein powder, a banana in it, or cook it with milk. Cmon, do you all really eat it straight?
Sage
I've tried a couple of times to choke it down straight but can't get more than a few spoon fulls down. The easiest way for me to eat oats is in the blender w/whey, and milk. But w/splenda, and cinnamon it's actually pretty good.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Mine is similar to DSL's.

1 cup of Kashi
1 cup of raw oats
1.5 cups 2% milk
1-2 tablespoons of Udo's Choice oil
2-4 scoops of ON 100% whey

mix it all up and I'm good to go.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like it cooked in milk with splenda and cinnamon. Do most people eat their oats cooked in milk or water? Cooked in water is pretty damn bland.

For breakfast, I get up and down a whey shake with oat bran and cinnamon, then about 30 minutes later, I eat 1 cup (before cooking) oats, 2 cups milk, and 3-4 eggs or some cottage cheese.

Sage

size

Awards
  • Established
I eat NAILS for breakfast b/c it makes me strong. :twisted:

But I usually chase them down with an MRP and oatmeal. Breakfast is difficult for me b/c I tend to have no appetite in the morning.

Chunky

Awards
Sage
No, I hate the taste of oatmeal raw, so I did invented my chunky's bar , with oatmeal, skim milk, protein powder and almonds :)

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sage
Yeah! and i like it cold! straight from the box, semi skimmed milk, handful of raisins.. nice....

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
6:45am. 4 egg whites[somtimes yolks],2 bowls of oatmeal cooked w/water nothing in it,1 cup of milk8:30 1cup of whey protrein mixed w/water[strawberry flavor] approx. 600 -700 cals.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
This morning I ate

1 protein shake 40 g whey
1 cup carb right low carb high fiber cereal
1 cup low carb hood choclate milk

Im cutting

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sage
Yup, measure out a 1/2 cup and choke it down!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Mine depends on the day I'm having.

2 whole eggs
6 egg whites
1 whole wheat toast - dry
(or)
1 cup of oatmeal, with non-fat milk, splenda or honey.
6 egg whites (with Tabasco)
(or)
50 grams of whey
1/2 cup of ground oats
3 Tbs or ground Flax seeds
(or)
2 cups of Shredded wheat, or 1 cup of Grape Nuts, or 2 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios (my favorite) with non-fat milk. (this is if I'm in a hurry or just craving cereal and wanting a break form eggs)

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just had:

300g oats
300ml milk
30g sultanas
10g cinnamon
10ml lemon juice

phatbody

Awards
Three egg omlet with turkey, green peppers and onions in pita bread...maybe some hot sauce.

COLOSSUS

Awards
oatmeal, boiled eggs, whole milk with protein shake.

the_destroyer55

Awards
whey protein(50g) and oatmeal mixed with soy grits

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ussually 8 eggs, cup oatmeal w/yogurt..add some mct oil, black coffee

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
1 cup ground oats, 25g whey, 25g casein, 1 tablespoon flax, mixed in skim milk or water. Plus a small glass OJ. I have a hard time getting down solid food 1st thing in the morning.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I usually go with 2 cups of shredded wheat and skim milk and a ON whey shake.

I actually eat oatmeal plain (no cooking) and wash it down with water. It does feel more like a chore than a meal, though.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast burritos!

While cutting...

Just to get me started I usually have one box worth of sugar free jello prepared with 2 scoops of unflavored whey.

Once I've got something in the 'ole tank:

eggwhite mixture (equivalent to 3 whites)
4 or 5 ounces of ultra lean top round beef
1 slice of nonfat cheese
1 cup of an onion/mushroom/red pepper mixture sauteed in a little beef stock
2 la tortilla factory green onion flavored low carb low fat whole wheat tortillas
Some ultra low cal (splenda, liquid smoke, bragg's liquid aminos, tomato paste some tabasco and a few misc spices) barbeque sauce or salsa.

I pre-cook the beef and veggies so I can get breakfast whipped up quickly. Keeps me full feeling till noon, TONS of protein, tastes great.

Ex Nihilo

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
75g protein shake.
acouple swigs of olive oil and flaxseed oil.

then some real food a bit later.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
The last few weeks, ive been eating 1/2 to 2/3 cups grits (before cooking), two slice non-fat cheese, and 8 egg whites all mixed in together. Got the idea from Coleman.... its good and very nice for a bulk.
Sage

Chunky

Awards
The last few weeks, ive been eating 1/2 to 2/3 cups grits (before cooking), two slice non-fat cheese, and 8 egg whites all mixed in together. Got the idea from Coleman.... its good and very nice for a bulk.
Sage
You got it from his new dvd ?
What did you think of his dvd of redemption ?

I think he used way too much partial reps. About all his press exercises are only partial rom. Do you know why ?

Skark

Awards
  • Established
I alternate every week because I get bored quickly. Here is my rotation:

1. The now famous Coleman grits with protein (eggs or turkey sausage) & Cheese
2. Oatmeal with Whey protein
3. Homemade breakfast burritos
4. Blueberry Pancakes with Whey protein
5. Pop Tarts.....OK, I take time off now & then :rasp:

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You got it from his new dvd ?
What did you think of his dvd of redemption ?

I think he used way too much partial reps. About all his press exercises are only partial rom. Do you know why ?
I downloaded it from emule, I think the unbelievable video is much better. It seems like 2/3 of the redemption one is him eating and cooking the same two meals over and over.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Only few exercises i thought he cut short on the range of motino was the heavier sets of shoulder presses and perhaps his leg presses. I didnt think too much of it since the dude is overloading with the weights. His form i thought was precise most of the shoot.

I actually enjoyed the times he ate. I found it funny that he kept on saying the one line, "Off season food"..... over and over again.
Sage

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
2 scope of protein
1 cup of milk
1 cup of oats

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
2 cups egg white liquid. diced jalapeno, ff cheese, fresh salsa/pico, whole wheat tortillas.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
2 cups egg white liquid. diced jalapeno, ff cheese, fresh salsa/pico, whole wheat tortillas.
Ah hell, that just made me hungry and wanting a breakfast burrito. Problem is, I have no tortillas and cheese, and the closest store is 20 miles away. :rant: