Got my new diet ready;Got some questions

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Got my new diet ready;Got some questions

Whats up every body, just posting my diet for comments and tips.
    I also have some questions about the diet that would help me fine tune it:

Meal # 1

Dymatize Elite Whey Protein 2 scoops
    Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Flax Oil (Cold Pressed) 1 tablespoon
    Calories 126
    Fat 14g

Old Fashion Quaker Oats 1 cup dry
    Calories 310
    Protein 10g
    Carbs 54g
    Fat 6g

Totals
    Calories 659
    Protein 54g
    Carbs 59g
    Fat 23g

Meal# 2

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread 3 slice
    Calories 315
    Protein 12g
    Carbs 60g
    Fat 3g

Totals
    Calories 538
    Protein 56g
    Carbs 65g
    Fat 6g

Meal # 3

Tyson Lemon Pepper Chicken 2 breast
    Calories 353
    Protein 62g
    Carbs 6g
    Fat 9g

Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown 1 pouch
    Calories 365
    Protein 8g
    Carbs 72g
    Fat 5g

Lettuce, Mixed Baby Greens 2 cup
    Calories 33
    Protein 2g
    Carbs 4g
    Fat 1g

Totals
    Calories 751
    Protein 72g
    Carbs 82g
    Fat 15g

Meal# 4

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Dextrose 1/2 cup
    Calories 450
    Carbs 112.5g

Totals
    Calories 673
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 117.5g
    Fat 3g

Meal # 5

Calories 353
    Protein 62g
    Carbs 6g
    Fat 9g

Calories 33
    Protein 2g
    Carbs 4g
    Fat 1g

Totals
    Calories 386
    Protein 64g
    Carbs 10g
    Fat 10g

Meal # 6

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Calories 126
    Fat 14g

Totals
    Calories 349
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 17g

TOTALS FOR DAY
    Calories 3356
    Protein 334g
    Carbs 338.5g
    Fat 74g

1. Correct me if I'm wrong,
    Your metabolism is at its slowest when you wake up, then gradually rises and peaks at mid-day to evening (depends on when you wake up but you get the idea), then gradually slows bake down again.
    So.....if this is the case should your calories per meal also follow this trend? Lowest in morning and night and highest mid-day/evening(ex. after workout).
    The only problems with this I can gather is since your glycogen levels are low when you wake (if you did not eat a lot of carbs b4 bed), than a higher calorie meal in the morning would seem to be suitable as really all nutrients would be optimized since your body has just fasted for 8 hours.

2. in meal 2 I am lacking some calories, I could just add another slice of stoned ground whole wheat bread but that would put my carb count rather high and upset my 40/40/20 diet split.

3. I was thinking switching meal 2 and 3 as meal 2 would seem like a better pre workout meal. (meal 2 is 2 hours before workout)

4. In meal 4(post workout) I may have the macronutrients wrong. I tried to find the proper formula for post workout nutrition but was unable to find it.

5. Meal 5 contains no carbohydrates. I was thinking of adding rice and making it the same as meal 3 but would that be too many carbs to late in the day?

6. In meal 1 would egg whites be a better choice for longer satiety or would whey protein be better for quicker absorption after sleep(8 hour fast).

Overall I ESTIMATE I need to hit a higher calorie level(3600) that is why I am asking some of these questions.

Sorry for such a long post, just some things that I cannot figure out.

If you read all of this and looked at my diet thanks alot for that in itself and feel free to comment/criticise as you wish.
    BigBody

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Also posted this on MuscledFreakz
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BigBody
    Whats up every body, just posting my diet for comments and tips.
    I also have some questions about the diet that would help me fine tune it:

Meal # 1

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Calories 126
    Fat 14g

Old Fashion Quaker Oats 1 cup dry
    Calories 310
    Protein 10g
    Carbs 54g
    Fat 6g

Totals
    Calories 659
    Protein 54g
    Carbs 59g
    Fat 23g

Meal# 2

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread 3 slice
    Calories 315
    Protein 12g
    Carbs 60g
    Fat 3g

Totals
    Calories 538
    Protein 56g
    Carbs 65g
    Fat 6g

Meal # 3

Calories 353
    Protein 62g
    Carbs 6g
    Fat 9g

Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown 1 pouch
    Calories 365
    Protein 8g
    Carbs 72g
    Fat 5g

Calories 33
    Protein 2g
    Carbs 4g
    Fat 1g

Totals
    Calories 751
    Protein 72g
    Carbs 82g
    Fat 15g

Meal# 4

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Dextrose 1/2 cup
    Calories 450
    Carbs 112.5g

Totals
    Calories 673
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 117.5g
    Fat 3g

Meal # 5

Calories 353
    Protein 62g
    Carbs 6g
    Fat 9g

Calories 33
    Protein 2g
    Carbs 4g
    Fat 1g

Totals
    Calories 386
    Protein 64g
    Carbs 10g
    Fat 10g

Meal # 6

Calories 223
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 3g

Calories 126
    Fat 14g

Totals
    Calories 349
    Protein 44g
    Carbs 5g
    Fat 17g

TOTALS FOR DAY
    Calories 3356
    Protein 334g
    Carbs 338.5g
    Fat 74g

1. Correct me if I'm wrong,
    Your metabolism is at its slowest when you wake up, then gradually rises and peaks at mid-day to evening (depends on when you wake up but you get the idea), then gradually slows bake down again.
    So.....if this is the case should your calories per meal also follow this trend? Lowest in morning and night and highest mid-day/evening(ex. after workout).
    The only problems with this I can gather is since your glycogen levels are low when you wake (if you did not eat a lot of carbs b4 bed), than a higher calorie meal in the morning would seem to be suitable as really all nutrients would be optimized since your body has just fasted for 8 hours.

2. in meal 2 I am lacking some calories, I could just add another slice of stoned ground whole wheat bread but that would put my carb count rather high and upset my 40/40/20 diet split.

3. I was thinking switching meal 2 and 3 as meal 2 would seem like a better pre workout meal. (meal 2 is 2 hours before workout)

4. In meal 4(post workout) I may have the macronutrients wrong. I tried to find the proper formula for post workout nutrition but was unable to find it.

5. Meal 5 contains no carbohydrates. I was thinking of adding rice and making it the same as meal 3 but would that be too many carbs to late in the day?

6. In meal 1 would egg whites be a better choice for longer satiety or would whey protein be better for quicker absorption after sleep(8 hour fast).

Overall I ESTIMATE I need to hit a higher calorie level(3600) that is why I am asking some of these questions.

Sorry for such a long post, just some things that I cannot figure out.

If you read all of this and looked at my diet thanks alot for that in itself and feel free to comment/criticise as you wish.
    BigBody
    DAmn...lol...let me try to help out here...

1) That metabolism info I thin is correct, but honestly not completely sure. I know when I have a good sized portion of carbs for my first two meals, by say and hour to two hours after my second meal I can really tell that I look a lot fuller and glycogens are filled back up again. Thats just me though, some may differ...

2) Meal 2 looks fine to me, and if you're using it as a pre-wo meal then you could get away with more carbs anyways...

3) IF possible, stick to the 3rd meal for pre-wo. Especially if you're waiting 2 hours to train. Whey woulddigest too fast and might not have ample amounts for your training session.

4) For post-wo meal 4, I really can't remember the exact formual either. But IMHO, you should use low-GI carbs instead of the dextrose/malto. This is very overated IMO and if you do a search and read up on Bobo's info on it, you'll see why..

5) The best advice I can give is to just try it and see how you do. Some can get away with more carbs at night, some can't.

6) Whey would be more beneficial in the AM, but honestly I don't know how much effect it will have in comparision to a whole food meal...

Hope I could help out a bit bro...
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Gracias for your help Jergo. I'm sure that took a while longer to read than most posts. I just hate when people come on boards and post question that show they put no research or learning into diet/nutrition/aas at all. I'm sure I am wrong and don't know many things about nutrition but at least I show some knowledge and effort.
    1) Thanks for your input, I wish I could also see my muscles get fuller but I'm too fat to really see them so I am unable to do that.
    Gives me a good idea how long it takes for glycogen to refill.
    2) I guess I'll use trial and error to see if another bread slice is needed or not in meal2
    3) Good point on meal 3. I'll just do either meal depending on whether I'm home or not and when I'll workout.
    4) Interesting. Never heard of NOT using high G.I. carbs after workout; will definatly look farther into this. I Gots to learn bro
    5) I will use trial and error to figure it out.
    6) Not sure either but I will try both and figure out which is best or ifit doesn't realloy matter

Most of my questions are really individual anyway, no real exact answers. Thanks alot for the advice, I will look into the low gi carb postworkout as well.
    BigBody
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%

No problem man...your questions were not dumb or anything at all....getting nutrition down is key in this game...
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.54%

Your coloric breakdown looks good. But personally, I think you are relying on whey shakes too much for your protein intake. I would cut two of them out and replace them with whole foods. Such as egg whites, tuna, cottage cheese, non-fat milk, maybe some deli turkey, almonds, natty PB, etc.
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Just glancing at it, I agree with Cuffs.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    No problem man...your questions were not dumb or anything at all....getting nutrition down is key in this game...
    Preach on!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll just vary the protein items day to day. Like one day have egg whites for breakfast next day protein shake ect.....

I would much rather eat a bar than a shake but there aren't really any good bars out there imo. They are all full of either sugar alcohols,maltodextrin, too little protein blah blah blah. That's why I use shakes intead.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If your going to have that many shakes, I would recommend some type of protein blend (making your own at one of the customizable places is best). Even still, I would cut out a few and put in more "different" choices of lean protein. Cottage cheese, eggs, some lean red meat.
    Your protein choices seem to have very little nutritonal value. Im sure the tyson chicken is fairly processed, and sodium loaded but no big deal on that. But besides your multi, where are you getting your vitamins and especially minerals from. Try adding some eye of round steaks (cheap and very lean), turkey breast meat, and salmon. I also am not a big fan of flax as fish oil is better in practically every way.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Well for basically everything in diet I can substitute foods. For example, meal 3 could be a different type of lean meat, lentils, and mixed vegtables. Still a very healthy, low gi carb meal. This diet isn't going to be the same everyday. Granted days where little planning is involved, this is what I will use. I'm using the Champion Meal Builder, so adding foods and desingering meals is very quick.

I've never really read up on which is better the flax vs. fish oil. I thought it was pretty close. I will definatly consider your recommendation next time I hit the grocery store. I'll just get some of both to be safe until I get a chance to look it up.

As far as vitamins and minerals go:
    Centrum
    B12
    Zinc
    Magnesium
    B6
    Calcium
    Vitamin E
    Shiff Move Free (Glucosomine, Chondrotin, MSM)
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    San TIGHT
    Epherine HCL
    and if I'm still tired I'll pop a NoDose

That thermo stack makes me not hungry though, yesterday I only had 4 meals cause that was the only time I got hungry. And I know at my age and size 2500 calories aint enuf, but I'm cutting so I'll let it go.

The only reason I have so many shakes is they are just so damn quick and convienent. When I'm at school or work I can't always make a meal, sometimes I can but not always, so having a shake is a way to get some protein in fast.

I will definatly try to cut it down though, gotta start planning more, packing them foods the night b4.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.54%

I understand about having something that is quickly available, and I agree, a shake is better than nothing. You can consider foods that you can put in a cold lunch pouch to take with you. Purchase some extra cold packs and keep them in your freezer so they are always on-hand. You can find them cheap. Hard boil a dozen eggs at a time and take with you. Even beef jerky would be a good, fast food for protein. Tuna/salmon pouches are quick and easy. Canned chicken breast is also fast and easy. At times, I take a cold chicken breast that I bbq'ed the night before, cut it up into bite sized pieces, and take with me on the road. You can do the same with some round steak. A custom protein blend, like Scottyo suggested, is a good choice, but will cost you a bit more than you're used to paying with regular whey.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%

Just substitute the whey powder with egg white powder...
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If money is a concern....switch the whey to a blend of 40/30/30 whey conc/milk/calc caseinate. You can get that type of blend for around 6lbs a lb.

Also as far as fish/flax....fish is a hell of a lot better. Flax oil needs conversion before use, which relies on a variety of factors and is fairly inefficient. Fish oil is EFA's ready to go as is. You can get them pretty cheap, especially at Sams Club, Costco or online. ALso the liquid is real cheap too.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.92%

instead of some of that whey maybe try chicken breast or turkey in a can, water packed

Otherwise it looks pretty good to me
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. Hopefully I can drop some more bf and I'm sure with these suggestions I can get er done!
    Thanks again for the help, I'll try to be as useful as I can on the boards.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Finally got my new stack
    By ericpdell2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
  2. check out my new car just got on the road yesterday
    By NickyNoNames in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 08:18 AM
  3. Got my new Anabolic Insider today.....
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 12:38 PM