Starting over again (diet)

porky

porky

Awards
hi all need a little help this time round. about three years ago i went from 300 pound down to 220 approx.
total neglect of my body in the last two years and im back to 260 (think marathon sessions on call of duty and 8 cans of beer a night)
started training again and just want to make sure i got my diet in check because
i think i lost alot of muscle last time. my planned diet is as follows

breakfast. ½ cup oats mixed with protein shake

mid morn. 2 brown bread tuna mayo light and lettuce

main meal. 1 chicken breast 1 cup brown rice and veg

early evening 3 whole eggs scrambled with tuna

post workout. Protein shake
any advice appreciated

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Firstly I'd work out your BMR, which will show your your calorific need. You can then tailor your diet to suit.

Like you said, last time you lost too much muscle. Working out your BMR then reducing calorie intake slightly.

Obviously some people who want to lose weight will opt for restricting their diet fully and lose fat and muscle, where as you dont want to lose too much too soon, or you would risk doing that.

So I'd take it slow, reducing calories slowly, adding in a little cardio, and you should be well on your way to getting back to where you want...

porky

porky

Awards
just had a quick look and my bmr is 2400 the diet i mentioned is about 1800 lucky guess i suppose

successtory

successtory

Awards
well, Porky.. i was in your similar situation, i was once over 280, and have cut down about 90 pounds, and did it the wrong way, which made me lose a lot of muscle mass... remember the lower your muscle mass, the lower your metabolism, so it wouldnt hurt to throw in a couple of weight training sessions to help prevent muscle depletion while losing weight. Also, omega 3's and aminos(liver tabs also work if $$ is tight) would be a good choice to help you with retaining muscle.

good luck, and let us know how everthing goes.

porky

porky

Awards
well, Porky.. i was in your similar situation, i was once over 280, and have cut down about 90 pounds, and did it the wrong way, which made me lose a lot of muscle mass... remember the lower your muscle mass, the lower your metabolism, so it wouldnt hurt to throw in a couple of weight training sessions to help prevent muscle depletion while losing weight. Also, omega 3's and aminos(liver tabs also work if $$ is tight) would be a good choice to help you with retaining muscle.

good luck, and let us know how everthing goes.
thanx sorted my diet out on fit day cals 2700 carbs 264 protein 257 and fat 67
lifting 4 days a week see how that goes for the next month or so

jackcarter

Awards
I use fitday myself. Your numbers look solid. Keep us posted!