Jericho's HCG Diet Log! Round 2

Jericho22

Awards
As the title says, this is round 2 of the HCG Diet for me. Round 1 log here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/172283-jerichos-hcg-diet.html

Starting weight - 190 lbs
Ending weight - 174 lbs
Current weight - 181 lbs

So after the 21 day diet then a month of eating like crap I'm down 9 lbs total. Could've done without the month of eating like crap but it's definitely still progress. This time I'm not going for progress though, I'm going for a transformation! And I'm going to read this again after the diet to keep my head straight.

On to round 2...

500 Calorie Diet
Breakfast - banana or apple, with coffee or green tea
Lunch - 100g chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli
Snack - banana or apple
Dinner - 100g chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli
Snack - sugar free jello as needed

Cheat meal once per week, usually a burger and fries or whatever I feel like eating.

HCG
Still taking 200 iu injected sub-q every morning. Seemed to work well last time so I figured there's no need to change it.
Did 3 days of injections while eating normally before starting the diet.

Planning on a 28 day diet as of now which should be plenty long enough.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 1
181.0 lbs

Felt pretty good today. Kind of an empty feeling in my stomach again but nothing that even remotely compares to day 1 of the 1st round. The extra loading day may have helped, or it may just be the fact that I've done it before. Coffee may have helped too (just recently started drinking on occasion) because it wasn't until mid-late afternoon that I noticed the empty feeling at all.

Did the p90x chest/back workout. Energy was fine but I wasn't too impressed with the workout. Something about working out at home and following that douche on the video just didn't feel the same as going to the gym. Plyo tomorrow so that could be fun. Maybe blasting some music will help instead of listening to the dvd.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 2
179.8 lbs (-1.2)

I'm actually a little sore from yesterday's workout. Really wasn't expecting that. Feeling it a little in my back, shoulders, tris, and abs lol (no I didn't do ab ripper, just the chest/back workout).

Sugar free jello is AWESOME.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 3
177.6 lbs (-2.2, -3.4 total)

Steady so far.

P90x shoulders/arms workout today. Pretty sure I'm just going to go back to the gym, working out at home is weird.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 4
177.6 lbs (no change, -3.4 total)

Day 5
176.6 lbs (-1.0, -4.4 total)

Nothing new to report

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm not familiar with HCG, but in to see you get results.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4
177.6 lbs (no change, -3.4 total)

Day 5
176.6 lbs (-1.0, -4.4 total)

Nothing new to report

How is your energy? Are u still doing P90x? Lbs seems to be coming off normally for HCG diet. Good to hear.

Jericho22

Awards
Energy has been solid but I can't really get into P90x. I'm just going back to the gym 3x per week starting tomorrow. Will probably still be doing mostly higher rep dumbbell stuff though, going to give my body a break from the heavy stuff.

Reactions: SPR

Jericho22

Awards
Haven't really had a lot to update on so I haven't been posting every day but I've been recording my weigh-ins.

Day 6
176.2 lbs (-0.4, -4.8 total)

Cheat meal for lunch - burger and fries from Five Guys

Day 7
176.6 lbs (+0.4, -4.4 total)

Stalled for a day because of the cheat meal. Totally worth it.

Day 8
175.2 lbs (-1.4, -5.8 total)

Back on track with the weight loss and energy has been about normal. Went back to the gym tonight and had a decent chest/back workout.

Going at a little slower pace than last time but I figured that would happen, especially with a full on cheat meal every week. Still down 5.8 lbs after the first week so if that pace keeps up I should be able to drop 15-20 lbs total for the 4 weeks which is what I've been aiming for.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are giving me hope bro. When I used the HCG diet before, I was always under the impression that working out cause lots of problems with the diet, but it seems like you can do it and still lose. I think I will give it another try WITH the workout, supps and HCG diet.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

Awards
You are giving me hope bro. When I used the HCG diet before, I was always under the impression that working out cause lots of problems with the diet, but it seems like you can do it and still lose. I think I will give it another try WITH the workout, supps and HCG diet.

Good luck in your log.... I also called a office of MD's that are doing this kind of therapy.

The overview in the phone interview was that you get pinch once a day or take orals twice a day. They put you on a 500 a day calory intake and you CAN'T workout.

Never follow up. seems strange to me to survive with 500kals :firedevil:

Jericho22

Awards
Working out isn't recommended nor is it necessary but I saw some other logs that kept hitting the weights hoping it would help mitigate the amount of muscle loss and they were pretty happy with the results. Plus I would hate not working out for 3-4 weeks straight. Last time I cut back to 2x per week and it seemed like I didn't lose any weight on days I worked out. It's common to go 1-2 days at the same weight then drop on the 3rd day but it didn't seem random, it felt like the workouts had something to do with it.

As far as taking other supplements I'm not sure. This time I'm dropping weight a little bit slower and one variable that changed is that I've been taking a multi, b-vitamin, fish oil, creatine, bcaas during workout, and Jack3d pre-wo as opposed to the first run when I only took the creatine and Jack3d. I can't say for sure if that has anything to do with it but I think I am going to drop the bcaas and fish oil.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Working out isn't recommended nor is it necessary but I saw some other logs that kept hitting the weights hoping it would help mitigate the amount of muscle loss and they were pretty happy with the results. Plus I would hate not working out for 3-4 weeks straight. Last time I cut back to 2x per week and it seemed like I didn't lose any weight on days I worked out. It's common to go 1-2 days at the same weight then drop on the 3rd day but it didn't seem random, it felt like the workouts had something to do with it.

As far as taking other supplements I'm not sure. This time I'm dropping weight a little bit slower and one variable that changed is that I've been taking a multi, b-vitamin, fish oil, creatine, bcaas during workout, and Jack3d pre-wo as opposed to the first run when I only took the creatine and Jack3d. I can't say for sure if that has anything to do with it but I think I am going to drop the bcaas and fish oil.

I don't like hearing that the weight loss stopped on the days that you worked out. Once I start, i think I will just take a break from working out and concentrate on the dieting. As long as I am making progress(cutting), I won't be too worried about missing the time from lifting.

I don't know if its true or not, but I read that if your adrenal are fatigued, the diet will not work as well. I will start using Revamp or Reset AD 2-3wks before the start of the diet to make sure my adrenals will be working optimally. Then once on the diet, I might add in alphaburn, adipose annihilation, 1-2 grams of inj carnitine, and alot of walking. Will see what kinda fat mobilization I can get with that.

I would definetly drop the fish oil. Even though its a good fat, because the diet is so picky about fat, you never know how it might be affecting your fatloss.

Westwood

Westwood

Awards
HCG diet. 500cals ED + HCG = Weight loss.

Non HCG Diet 500cals ED = Weight Loss

Why do you need HCG? Just asking.

Jericho22

Awards
I don't like hearing that the weight loss stopped on the days that you worked out. Once I start, i think I will just take a break from working out and concentrate on the dieting. As long as I am making progress(cutting), I won't be too worried about missing the time from lifting.
The next couple days should give me a better idea on what's really going on here. I did an upper workout today and am going back for lower tomorrow, will be the first time I've done back to back days. I'm already kind of stalling a bit so if I go 2 more days without dropping weight I'm going to get pissed and probably skip the weights for the rest of the cycle, but I'm hoping that is not the case. I also dropped the BCAAs and switched my normal pre-wo (jack3d or some other random things I have) for a good old ECA stack so that should cut out a couple other things that could have stopped me from dropping weight.

I don't know if its true or not, but I read that if your adrenal are fatigued, the diet will not work as well. I will start using Revamp or Reset AD 2-3wks before the start of the diet to make sure my adrenals will be working optimally. Then once on the diet, I might add in alphaburn, adipose annihilation, 1-2 grams of inj carnitine, and alot of walking. Will see what kinda fat mobilization I can get with that.
Thanks for bringing this up. I honestly have no idea but I'm intrigued to do some quick searching on the topic and see if I can learn anything.

I would definetly drop the fish oil. Even though its a good fat, because the diet is so picky about fat, you never know how it might be affecting your fatloss.
Agreed. I didn't take it last time but I figured I'd try out a couple different things this time. So far I'm not too impressed so I dropped all other supps except for the creatine (which I kept taking the first time) and some ECA pre-wo.

Will post an update in a bit with my last couple weigh-ins

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

HCG diet. 500cals ED + HCG = FAT loss(and lots of it) good energy, very little muscle loss

Non HCG Diet 500cals ED= Weight loss muscle and fat, after a few days, you feel like you are gonna die.

Originally Posted by megadeth
I have done the HCG diet(inj) on a 2 occasions over the years. It worked great and I lost 20 or more lbs each time. The last time I tried, I went with a formula that many say works which is a sub lingual formula that I mixed up myself. Well, I don't know if my HCG was no good, or the formula is flawed, but after 5 days, I felt AWFUL. I had a VERY sick feeling and was very weak. I thought I was in a complete fog mentally as well. I came off the diet and ate and within a few hrs, I was back to normal. At least for me, low cals without HCG doesn't work. With HCG, no problem. Without HCG..felt like death.

Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
I think I'm believing the HCG talk now. How you felt after five days is how I felt today. I'll post what happened below.

Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
Day 10: 285 pounds (-16)

Today, at work I was just dying. I had no ability to focus and everyone was telling me I looked tired (after 3 cups of coffee and 25mg of geranium extract). I ended up eating my second 250 calorie meal by 1 pm. Anyways, I went to the gym and had a great workout. When I got back, I was still starving and decided that this diet wasn't working for me anymore. I've lost productivity at work and I am finding myself not really depressed, but pretty much apathetic, with low libido . I decided that I'm going to start the Anabolic Diet tonight, and try to get myself back on track.

I don't know if this is a failed experiment or what, but as you guys said from the start, and what should be obvious is that 500 calories is not enough for a 285 pound man.

Originally Posted by Megadeth
I don't understand how the HCG works, but I know there was a HUGE difference in how I felt on the Inj. as opposed to the subling. That tells me that there IS a difference. I don't care what people who haven't tried the diet might say. Also, I haven't heard one person that has used the diet mention that they have lost a significant amount of muscle.

The first time I used it, I was close to 300lb. Lots of muscle but lots of fat too, so 500 can be enough, u just gotta add the HCG!

Jericho22

Awards

This question was asked in the first thread and honestly my answer is still the same - I don't know. The original book makes a lot of claims about what the HCG actually does but I'm pretty sure the guy pulled most of them out of his ass.

During my experience on the diet with the HCG I honestly don't feel any physical hunger (the psychological urge to eat is a different story), don't feel rundown or braindead, and still have the energy to workout. I haven't tried the diet without the HCG so I can't compare the two, but I would assumed I would want to kill myself eating 500 cals/day under normal circumstances.

Jericho22

Awards
I don't know if this is a failed experiment or what, but as you guys said from the start, and what should be obvious is that 500 calories is not enough for a 285 pound man.
Haha I definitely remember reading this when I was searching for logs here, didn't realize that was you! I don't know wtf is in those oral drops but I wouldn't mess with them.

Just realized the part I quoted was actually from somebody else...lol

Still glad to see another person with some experience with this joining in!

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha I definitely remember reading this when I was searching for logs here, didn't realize that was you! I don't know wtf is in those oral drops but I wouldn't mess with them.

Just realized the part I quoted was actually from somebody else...lol

Still glad to see another person with some experience with this joining in!

The saw oral HCG mentioned years ago from a clinic in Mexico I believe. Later I saw different people on Youtube with mixing instructions. (HCG, B-12, Colloidal Silver mixture). I thought I would try it, but it sucked for me.

Yeah,it is nice....and frustrating, because you have so many people that haven't tried the diet yelling how it doesn't work. I don't understand it either, I just know it works and its always nice to have someone logging it and backing up what we are claiming.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 9
175.4 lbs (+0.2, -5.6 total)

Day 10
174.8 lbs (-0.6, -6.2 total)

As of today I'm down to the recommended 100g of chicken per meal instead of 200g. Also cut out all supps except the HCG and creatine. Weight has been coming off slow so we'll see if this helps.

Day 11
174.6 lbs (-0.2, -6.4 total)

Today's life lesson: DON'T BE A LITTLE BITCH

I realized this afternoon that I've been using this diet as an excuse to half-ass my workouts. I've had plenty of energy so there's really no reason for this but I hadn't been very motivated and kind of felt like I was just going through the motions.

As soon as I realized this I ate my 2nd apple with some ECA and half an hour later I hit the gym and had the best workout I've had in recent weeks. This was the first time I've taken ECA on the diet (actually the first time in quite a while) and the energy was awesome! Will probably keep using it for my pre-workout.

My back and probably shoulders are going to be good and sore so tomorrow I'm going to hit legs then take a day off, maybe 2 days at most.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 12
173.2 lbs (-1.4 lbs, -7.8 total)

Feeling great today. Popped a dose of ECA this morning and had a really good leg workout. Feeling good in the gym really keeps my motivation up so I'm going to try to get in 3-4 times next week.

ECA is officially my favorite thing ever.

Westwood

Westwood

Awards
500 calories a day past a week or so your eating into muscle. A normal man that is. Personally, it would kill me. Id be looking at my dogs backstraps

Jericho22

Awards
500 calories a day past a week or so your eating into muscle. A normal man that is. Personally, it would kill me. Id be looking at my dogs backstraps
That's what the HCG is for.

Westwood

Westwood

Awards
That's what the HCG is for.
here is the deal. There is no science that supports that HCG contributes to weight loss. Science meaning clinical trials. Its all bro science. But, most of the prohormone stuff is too. If it works, cool. I just dont see the science that supports it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure how I missed this, but I'm definitely in, man. I'm glad to see things are going well again for you so far.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
here is the deal. There is no science that supports that HCG contributes to weight loss. Science meaning clinical trials. Its all bro science. But, most of the prohormone stuff is too. If it works, cool. I just dont see the science that supports it

It's fine to say there is no science(clinical trials) behind to support HCG contributing to weight loss, but you also can't ignore the thousands of people that have used the diet and lost enormous amounts of weight, in a hort people of time. Do a simple search on google, yahoo or youtube. There are many people that give video evidence that the diet works. Are all of these people in collusion?

I don't understand why it works, but I know from personal experience that it does. I have tried 500 cals on what I thought was going to be an effective version of the HCG diet(sublingual HCG), didn't work out for me. After a few days, I felt like death(and not even warmed over). Previously I had done the HCG diet and did 500 cal diet and felt just fine all the way through. The lbs came off easily without much loss in strength(if any).

Jericho22

Awards
I'm not sure how I missed this, but I'm definitely in, man. I'm glad to see things are going well again for you so far.
Glad you're back Beast! I didn't want to bump the old thread just to post the link to this one, figured people would see it at the top of the list anyway.

Jericho22

Awards
As far as I know there haven't been any clinical trials testing HCG + diet. The only ones I've heard of that come to the conclusion that "HCG has no effect on weight loss" just use HCG while on a normal diet which has no significance in relation to this method.

There are however tons of personal stories that say it works and there are doctors and weight loss clinics all over the country selling the stuff.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as I know there haven't been any clinical trials testing HCG + diet. The only ones I've heard of that come to the conclusion that "HCG has no effect on weight loss" just use HCG while on a normal diet which has no significance in relation to this method.

There are however tons of personal stories that say it works and there are doctors and weight loss clinics all over the country selling the stuff.

It's called a mass hallucination....DUHH! :pat:

DrewK87

Awards
Hey J, I'm checking into This Diet i've been curious for the past few weeks now researching as much as i could about it. Did you get it prescribed to you or did you buy the 5000ui online?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I am interested in this diet as a guy at my work has lost 35lbs following it. Upon looking it up though I seem to draw the conclusion it is a placebo effect and you are just losing because you are starving yourself and thinking its actually working. Not knocking the diet as I have not read that much in reality, but I just want to know how many of you guys have actually ran it and feel it did what it claims and that it was not a placebo effect? Thanks for the input and thanks to Jericho22 for running this log. I was reading through your first log a bit and look forward to following this one more closely.

Jericho22

Awards
Hey J, I'm checking into This Diet i've been curious for the past few weeks now researching as much as i could about it. Did you get it prescribed to you or did you buy the 5000ui online?
pm'd

Upon looking it up though I seem to draw the conclusion it is a placebo effect and you are just losing because you are starving yourself and thinking its actually working.
The 500 cal diet is absolutely the reason I'm losing weight. As far as I know the HCG has absolutely no effect on weight loss, but it's still just as an important part of this method as the diet since one will not work without the other.

Again I will admit that I don't know the scientific details behind it, but the end result is that taking HCG allows you to continue to function, and even stay active with sports/exercise, while eating 500 calories per day.

The common response to this method is "of course you're losing weight, you're starving yourself." If that's how you feel then I encourage you to eat 500 cals per day WITHOUT the HCG and log your experience.

(not trying to call you out Houston, your response seems to be very common to this diet since it goes against everything we're taught about losing weight)

Jericho22

Awards
Day 13
172.4 lbs (-0.8, -8.6 total)

ECA as a pre-wo is working out nicely, and I'm really glad to see 2 days of decent drops after working out. Five Guys again for my weekly cheat meal and again it was AMAZING!

Day 14
172.8 lbs (+0.4, -8.2 total)

Expected after the cheat meal. Took a 2nd day off from the gym because my legs have been painfully sore like I've never felt before. I may have been a little too pumped when I hit my leg workout on Friday ;)

Day 15
171.8 lbs (-1.0, -9.2 total)

Right at the 2 week mark and I'm down 9.2 lbs. Still going slower than the first round but another week or 2 at this pace should get me where I want to be.

Had a good 11 hours of sleep last night and woke up nice and refreshed. Going to the gym this afternoon.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The common response to this method is "of course you're losing weight, you're starving yourself." If that's how you feel then I encourage you to eat 500 cals per day WITHOUT the HCG and log your experience.

(not trying to call you out Houston, your response seems to be very common to this diet since it goes against everything we're taught about losing weight)
I will bet anyone my house against a dollar, that once you feel how 500 cal a day with no HCG feels, you won't be much worried about the "science" behind it working. LOL

Just that fact that Jericho still lifts and lifts heavy on 500cal + HCG should tell you all you need to know.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will bet anyone my house against a dollar, that once you feel how 500 cal a day with no HCG feels, you won't be much worried about the "science" behind it working. LOL

Just that fact that Jericho still lifts and lifts heavy on 500cal + HCG should tell you all you need to know.
Agreeing.

I set a PR on deadlifts about a week in on 500 calories a day lol - not something I'd normally do without eating 500+ calories immediately before or after a weight session like that.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 13
172.4 lbs (-0.8, -8.6 total)

ECA as a pre-wo is working out nicely, and I'm really glad to see 2 days of decent drops after working out. Five Guys again for my weekly cheat meal and again it was AMAZING!

Day 14
172.8 lbs (+0.4, -8.2 total)

Expected after the cheat meal. Took a 2nd day off from the gym because my legs have been painfully sore like I've never felt before. I may have been a little too pumped when I hit my leg workout on Friday ;)

Day 15
171.8 lbs (-1.0, -9.2 total)

Right at the 2 week mark and I'm down 9.2 lbs. Still going slower than the first round but another week or 2 at this pace should get me where I want to be.

Had a good 11 hours of sleep last night and woke up nice and refreshed. Going to the gym this afternoon.

Congrats, really good progress. I am sure I will have much better, since I have a lot more to lose.

By the way, what are u drinking on your diet other than water? Crystal light? Diet Soda? Have you had a problem with either of those?

Jericho22

Awards
Congrats, really good progress. I am sure I will have much better, since I have a lot more to lose.

By the way, what are u drinking on your diet other than water? Crystal light? Diet Soda? Have you had a problem with either of those?
Artificially sweetened drinks seem to be fine as long as they're zero cal. I drink diet soda with my chicken/broccoli meals just about every day. I love PowerAde Zero when I first wake up if I'm feeling a little dehydrated.

Other than that (and of course water) I'll usually have some coffee 2-3x a week which adds up to 50 cals or less depending on what exactly I put in it. Sugar free jello is pretty awesome and 20 cals for an entire pack. Pretty reasonable unless you like to binge on coffee and jello...(I won't have more than 1 a day of either)

Jericho22

Awards
Day 16
172.2 lbs (+0.4, -8.8 total)

Pretty normal to have random days where I don't change (or go up very slightly). Could be because my scale isn't perfect or could just be a little bit of water fluctuation but either way it happens a lot.

Day 17
170.8 lbs (-1.4, -10.2 total)

Worked out again yesterday and had a nice drop in weight today so I'm definitely not worried about that anymore. Must have been my old pre-wo screwing with things. I'm having better workouts since I switched to the ECA anyway so I'm not looking back :)

Thinking about ending this run after 3 weeks again but I haven't decided for sure. I'm going to take some progress pics and measurements later this week and hopefully get a better idea of what I want to do.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 16
172.2 lbs (+0.4, -8.8 total)

Pretty normal to have random days where I don't change (or go up very slightly). Could be because my scale isn't perfect or could just be a little bit of water fluctuation but either way it happens a lot.

Day 17
170.8 lbs (-1.4, -10.2 total)

Worked out again yesterday and had a nice drop in weight today so I'm definitely not worried about that anymore. Must have been my old pre-wo screwing with things. I'm having better workouts since I switched to the ECA anyway so I'm not looking back :)

Thinking about ending this run after 3 weeks again but I haven't decided for sure. I'm going to take some progress pics and measurements later this week and hopefully get a better idea of what I want to do.
Although you are not losing like the last time 10 lbs in 17 days is still amazing. What's even more amazing is the fact that you are still lifting, working out and feeling good. It seems like you are proving that you can do the HCG diet with no drop off in performance and still be successful. This is a testament to this diet really working.

FYI777

Awards
l get a mild nausea from HCG which for me at least helps me keep on the diet plan, surprised no mention of this peculiar "morning sickness effect" (by the way I'm a guy). It's possible it's a placebo effect but it seems to me to be a pretty consistant fleeting effect and/or sensation about an hour after the HCG injection.(I'm pretty sensitive to stuff I put into my body) At times like I said seems pretty fleeting(doesn't last long and never too bad or anything)

I also take(sparingly) an AI such as ADT(25mg. orally) or 6-oxo(transdermal) to prevent any possible estrogen issues (look it up HCG increases test which could cause estrogen excess/build-up).

I'd personally would keep taking the fish oil in moderation but from personal experience watch out with the creatine(monohydrate in my case) as it can cause fluid retention which to me gave me false weight readings on the scale. I never take more than 2.5 grams at a time now as this doesn't seem take care of this issue. There was a guy on another forum who gained 15 lbs!!!(no doubt water) from it. He was coming off of the 500 calorie a day protocol also, on phase 3 or 4 of it which means actually coming off the 500 cal/day to more normal cals.

If any of this makes sense and helps then good..... Oh yeah almost forgot I agree with Jericho the HCG addition definitely helps me with my workouts during the dieting also....surprisingly so sometimes......though I'm not following the exact HCG protocol.....

Last edited:

Jericho22

Awards
Day 18
170.0 lbs (-0.8, -11.0 total)

Felt pretty run-down today so I ended up skipping the gym. Really felt like I wanted to end the diet early but decided to just give myself a cheat dinner and re-evaluate tomorrow when I'm feeling better.

Day 19
171.8 lbs (+1.8, -9.2 total)

Back on the horse today and feeling good again. Had my ECA and another good workout. Yesterday's cheat meal was a lot later in the day than my scheduled cheat meals so I had a big jump in water weight this morning. Should be close to 170 again when I weigh in tomorrow morning.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What it looking like Jericho? Update?

Jericho22

Awards
Hey everybody, sorry I haven't posted in a few days.

Day 20 - Final Weight
170.6 lbs (-1.6, -10.8 total)

Sadly I decided to call it quits a little early again this round. This time was because of the one side effect I've seen from the HCG: acne.

I'm extremely prone to acne problems and I know that anything hormonal tends to make me break out so I didn't mind too much when a few random pimples popped up last week. This weekend I went out drinking and when I woke up my face had completely exploded.

So for anybody else that has issues with acne...I would suggest trying to avoid the things that aggravate your condition while you're on the HCG. This seems like obvious advice but usually drinking only aggravates my acne slightly, if at all, so I didn't think it would be such a big problem this time.

I'll take some measurements this afternoon for a final comparison.

Jericho22

Awards
Well I took some ending measurements a couple days after the diet but I was comparing them to round 1 ending measurements because I didn't take round 2 "starting measurements" so I didn't see a lot of difference in the numbers. Basically this 2nd round just undid the damage I did in that month off (plus a little extra progress).

I stopped pretty suddenly and didn't really post much of a wrap-up but I have been keeping up with the gym and healthy eating since I stopped the log. It's been a couple days since I weighed myself but I was around 173-174. I'll weigh and measure myself again in a day or 2 so I'll have a 2 week-ish post diet progress report. Seeing myself in the mirror I'm noticing that my muscles are plumping back up which kind of makes me look bigger and leaner at the same time :) so that's nice.