Combating High BP while on EC Stack

TorqueGTR04

Awards
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with the EC stack and high blood pressure.

I'm looking at running it in a few weeks and want to make sure I go in prepared and counteracting any possible raise in BP. I've heard that dosing fish oils 2-3g daily helps, but what are some other options in addition to that?

I ask because I'm on the OEP/AlphaT2 stack right now and my blood pressure an hour or two after dosing this morning was 145/69. The diastolic pressure was great but from what I've heard a systolic bp of 139+ is pre-hypertensive. Not to mention BP issues run in my family.

So, who has experience with this and has used things that actually help?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe try some hawthorne berry. Pretty good IMO

wazzabe4747

Awards
Maybe try some hawthorne berry. Pretty good IMO
Agreed. I did a PH cycle recently and it kept my blood pressure in check the entire time. It takes some time to build up in your system though so maybe start it a week or two before the EC.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to ask, what sort of bp tester did you use ? At your weight and height I'm guessing your arm is more than 14 inches and standard store or home bp cuffs are inaccurate over that size. Particularly on systolic from my experience.

TorqueGTR04

Awards
Just to ask, what sort of bp tester did you use ? At your weight and height I'm guessing your arm is more than 14 inches and standard store or home bp cuffs are inaccurate over that size. Particularly on systolic from my experience.
It was the "Reli-On" digital heart rate monitor. Yeah it is really difficult to fit my arm in the cuff haha. My arms are at about 16.25"

My readings yesterday were like 145/69 on average. I decided to see what I ended up with this morning before my dose of OEP and AT2 (2 oxyelite, 1 alpha t2) and it came out to 117/69 which was consistent between two or three readings.

I'm thinking of checking it again later since I just took my morning dose. Is it normal for stimulants to raise blood pressure by that much?

spimp187

Awards
I wouldn't be as concerned about it since your BP is normal before dosing the stims. You are probably only subjecting your blood vessels to a pre-hypertensive state for a few hours really. I would be more concerned about it if you had diabetes. I'd also be more concerned if it was elevating your BP to a more severe level, like 170/100. Ill effects typically occur from elevated BP happen over a prolonged period of time. Unless you jacked your BP so high it causes a rupture and you have a heart attack or stroke. But that scenario would also depend on if you have atherosclerosis / hardened arteries.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd just try and increase hydration some, and not worry too much.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on the indidual and the time that has elapsed since stim ingestion.

Is it normal for stimulants to raise blood pressure by that much?

TorqueGTR04

Awards
Thanks for the helpful replies, everyone. I will probably pick up some Hawthorne and start it in the next week or so, just for preventative measure as I move on to the EC stack. I'll also keep everything monitored pretty closely to be safe.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your blood pressure is normally 117/69 and thats on a cuff that doesn't even fit right I don't think you should take the hawthorn berry. It may lower your blood pressure too much and make you dizzy and/or faint. Your bp seems to only go up when you take crack/stimulants. I would say get off the crack/stimulants.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Bayer sells 81 mg aspirin. Its called "Low Dose" or "Children's Dose" by some other makers. It states right on the bottle it helps lower BP. Its essential to the ECA stack. EC causes high BP - its why people died form taking it in the mid 90s - and thats also why everybody runs ECA.

Hawthorne Berry and Garlic (pills) also can be found at walmart, Walgreens, etc for about $5. However, 81mg aspirin works the best, and is scientifically proven to be effective for just this cause.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aspirin/Acetyl Salicylic Acid/White willow bark are used in the ECA stacks because they enhance heat resistance in the body that allows for a longer working ability of Ephedra and Caffeine.

Disclaimer about the old "once aspirin/day" advice. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704511304575075701363436686.html

Stick with high/moderate doses of fish oil instead.

Bayer sells 81 mg aspirin. Its called "Low Dose" or "Children's Dose" by some other makers. It states right on the bottle it helps lower BP. Its essential to the ECA stack. EC causes high BP - its why people died form taking it in the mid 90s - and thats also why everybody runs ECA.

Hawthorne Berry and Garlic (pills) also can be found at walmart, Walgreens, etc for about $5. However, 81mg aspirin works the best, and is scientifically proven to be effective for just this cause.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Aspirin/Acetyl Salicylic Acid/White willow bark are used in the ECA stacks because they enhance heat resistance in the body that allows for a longer working ability of Ephedra and Caffeine.

Disclaimer about the old "once aspirin/day" advice. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704511304575075701363436686.html

Stick with high/moderate doses of fish oil instead.
The article you cited deals with people who suffer from heart disease, and that increased, prolonged aspirin can lead to side effects that can increase that disease. It has nothing to do with blood pressure or the effects of aspirin on an otherwise healthy individual. IMO the study isnt relevant to this topic. The sides effects they are referring to only manifest themselves in individuals with an already weakened heart/circulatory system. The OP states his BP is on point prior to supplementation.

In addition, the study you cited states "The panel urged doctors to factor in conditions that could increase a patient's risk of bleeding from aspirin, which tends to rise with age. The group didn't designate a dose, but suggested that an appropriate amount might be 75 milligrams a day, which is close to the 81mg contained in low-dose, or "baby," aspirin.

This is the advice I gave... 81 mg..

As for fish oil, its good for use in reducing BP in some cases, but not in others. Pre 2005 research showed fish oils were effective in reducing BP, but newer, more solid research shows fish oils only slightly reduce BP in cases where supplements or other medications has caused hypertension. In other words, if you have high BP to begin with, fish oils will be marginally effective. If you dont, and your BP is being "artificially" inflated by the use of PHs or the EC stack, fish oils are being shown to have little affect in reduction. That said, I take fish oil all the time for the many, many other benefits of the product.