Diet that lots of vegetables ?

Darkhighlander

Awards
Looking for a diet that includes lots of vegetables and fruit. Any leads would be great

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking for a diet that includes lots of vegetables and fruit. Any leads would be great
Instead of looking for an following a "diet", why don't you just make sure that YOUR diet is a LIFESTYLE and includes lots of vegetables and fruit, changing your nutrition re caloric intake based on goals and needs during different phases :dot:

~Rosie~

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rosie Chee Scott again."

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Instead of looking for an following a "diet", why don't you just make sure that YOUR diet is a LIFESTYLE and includes lots of vegetables and fruit, changing your nutrition re caloric intake based on goals and needs during different phases :dot:

~Rosie~
Agreed! People throw the term "diet" around to mean "an eating plan that causes weight loss." In reality a diet is just the some total of what you eat, whether its a surplus caloric intake of donuts and pizza, or a negative caloric balance of fruits and vegetables, they are both "diets."

Take Rosie's advice, after all, if you can't stick with a diet and enjoy it for a lifetime, weight loss will only be temporary at best. So YES, by all means focus on fruits and vegetables, but be sure to include plenty of healthy proteins as well and possibly some whole grains like oatmeal, quiona, and buckwheat. Beans should be great addition to any diet as well! I think you will find that if you stick to these basic foods you will be more satisfied, have better digestion, and lose weight.

Most "diet" plans are exclusionary type diets and aren't usually good for the long term. I have found that the simplest and best plan is to follow this formula each meal should be a combination of 1 serving fruit and/ or 1 serving vegetables( and or beans/ legumes) + 1 serving of protein.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am by no means an expert, however fruit is not generally great on a diet as they contain too much simple carbs.
Check out the slow carb diet.
http://fitnessblackbook.com/main/the-slow-carb-diet-my-mixed-review-after-30-days-on-the-diet/
A fairly short overview of the diet.
Actually, fruit is a GREAT thing to have in your daily diet - regardless of whether you want fat loss or not. Very beneficial for general health and well-being. Natural simple sugars have their place in everyone's nutritional regime, especially if you time your consumption of them ideally.

~Rosie~

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Most fruit except bananna,watermelon,cantalope,have a low gi so the sugar isn't that much of a deal.
Apples,oranges,stawberries,blueberries are good fruit with low gi's.
There even lower then wheat bread brown rice

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Stay away from celery at night it'll make ya pee alot.
Found out the pee alot at night way!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
You need a little bit of everything in your diet. Keep fruits to the first few hours of waking, MAYBE post workout if it works for you.

You could have vegetables every meal for all I care but stick to the fibrous green vegetables as majority.

Everyone is different on how their body responds to different foods. Finding the diet for you? Now that takes years of trial and error. There's some basic guidelines but specifics will be up to you to discover. Don't look for a cookie cutter diet, design one.

tmilam

Awards
A Paleo/Zone diet is about as good as you can get for overall health