1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Gonna be a great thread - sub'd
    This is prolly a stupid question but what is sub'd.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

means subscribed, like subscribed to the thread
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.83%

Okay now seriously! This is a great thread, it's right up my ally, I can totally relate. It's like pulling teeth to keep the weight off because of hypothyroidism. I've been doing research on the topic myself and a lot of experienced guys on here are telling me to do the Alpha-T2/Erase stack. I've ordered both and I can't wait to see the results. I'm obviously going to decrease my calories and increase my cardio. I'll put up a before and after when I'm done.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped_Effect View Post
    This is prolly a stupid question but what is sub'd.
    It's all good, bro. It's just short for subscribed.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.54%

Okay now seriously! This is a great thread, it's right up my ally, I can totally relate. It's like pulling teeth to keep the weight off because of hypothyroidism. I've been doing research on the topic myself and a lot of experienced guys on here are telling me to do the Alpha-T2/Erase stack. I've ordered both and I can't wait to see the results. I'm obviously going to decrease my calories and increase my cardio. I'll put up a before and after when I'm done.
    I've ran alpha t2 with good results. I stacked it with OEP. Let us know how it goes for you man
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

I'm not sure how the other posts weren't showing up when I responded lol. I even refreshed the page. Odd.

I'm glad the info is helpful to you, man. I used AT2 with OEP a little over a year go myself and enjoyed it. That was back when i was just hypo and hadn't had the Reverse T3 problem rear its head.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Did you post something and it not show up?
    No, it showed up. There were just 2 posts in between it that weren't there or weren't showing up when I'd posted and after I entered it, they weren't there, either. Odd.

But it's all good
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.65%

I agree this is a great thread here.bumping this one.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.83%

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    I've ran alpha t2 with good results. I stacked it with OEP. Let us know how it goes for you man
    What is OEP?
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

What is OEP?
    Oxy Elite Pro
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Most Recommended Hypothyroid Diet

Hypothyroidism is a condition in our thyroid glands where in it is not able to produce the right amounts of T3 hormones. This usually happens when a person does not have enough supply of the minerals and amino acids needed by the thyroid glands. Apart from the medications that we need to take for the treatment of hypothyroid, we also need to follow a proper diet. Doctors always give the most recommended hypothyroid diet their patients can take.

To understand more about this, here is the most recommended hypothyroid diet:

Iodine - this is a very important mineral that is needed by the thyroid glands. It is what makes it produce all the hormones. It helps stimulate the activity inside the gland. Hypothyroid patients are ones who do not eat enough foods that are rich with iodine. That is why during their first diagnosis, high amounts of iodine foods are recommended. We can get this from foods like seaweeds, salt water fishes, and tuna. All the foods we can get from the sea have good amounts of this mineral. You can eat them as an alternative to other meat products like pork.

Vitamin B - people who are undergoing treatments for hypothyroidism needs to take high amounts of vitamin B together with the other minerals. We can get this vitamin from vegetables like seaweed, and land veggies.

Antioxidant - we also need to eat foods that are antioxidants. These are needed to cleanse out the toxins from our body. Thyroid problems can be caused by the pollutions from our environment as well as the foods that we eat which contains toxins. The only way we can flush these out of our body is by taking antioxidants. We normally can get this from eating tomatoes, berries, squash, fresh fruits and veggies. Try to eat them uncooked. Cooked foods lose its antioxidants, so better eat them fresh and raw.

Essential fats - our body also needs fats. But make sure that they are the healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil. Other oils contain cholesterol that is bad for the health of our thyroid as well as our entire body. Stop eating fried foods. If you like to eat meat or fish, boil them instead.

Supplements - for hypothyroidism, you need to take supplements together with the food diet. L-tyrosine and fish oil is perfect for this kind of thyroidal problem. To get goods amounts of these, you can take them as supplements.

This most recommended hypothyroid diet is the best cure. Even though you are complete with the medications and other types of treatments, you will not easily get well unless you take the proper diet. That is why you need to make sure you follow this most recommended hypothyroid diet to get rid of your thyroid disease.

By Ryan English
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thyromine Effectiveness - Does it Really Work?

The highest ratings are given through the consumers as well as the on the internet review makers, after analyzing with numerous other contenders. Virtually, all the users who consumed this product for about 6 months are absolutely recuperated because the thyroid gland is activated completely to generate the required thyroid hormones. The evaluations of thyromine convey how the product may be the safest solution to deal with the thyroid gland inactiveness. The official website holds live chat facility to converse with the team of professionals who are ready 24/7 to clarify the doubts and perplexes of the buyers. The dietary supplements incorporated to perk up the Thyromine effectiveness, blends with the body's systems expediently to facilitate more production of thyroid hormone to stability the hormonal levels which is essentially required every day for smooth functioning of a entire body.

Rather, when thyromine is consumed, the Thyromine effectiveness has the ability to recuperate these signs and symptoms and make the consumer to look slim with bright glow on their face and hair, without depression or dryness. Nori is a sea vegetable rich in calcium, carotenes, iron, phosphorus and above all, the nutrient facts of nori has plentiful iodine, which combat thyroid illnesses. Ginger promotes the digestion as well as metabolism to shed off the excess pounds gained simply because of inactive thyroid glands. L-tyrosine, the amino acid is used to stimulate the neurotransmitters to stir up the functions from the brain.

Hypothyroidism is really a very debilitating too as life changing aliment. Thyromine effectiveness is pure and useful in combating the symptoms of hypothyroidism, as it promotes vitamin utilization, accelerates weight metabolism and helps within the digestion of proteins and carbohydrates. Apart from these the Thyromine effectiveness is precise in improving the muscle actions, flow of blood, healthy reproductive organs for sexual health and numerous other entire body tasks.

The consumer feedbacks submitted for thyromine declare that it's a groundbreaking option drug against difficulty shooting hypothyroidism.

The producers have specially formulated the concoction to create flexible outcomes. Consequently, the Thyromine effectiveness induces the thyroid gland and thereby reduces the weight deposited in your body.

Thyromine is a organic item and it may take some time to pluck the fruit of outcomes, however the time differs based on your body situation of the user. Nevertheless, the item doesn't take more than a month to display up the Thyromine effectiveness. Thyromine encompasses certain natural boosters to kindle thyroid gland. The natural iodine may be the actual secret of the item and iodine deficiency tends to become the main reason for hypothyroidisms. This act ensures to produce excellent high quality of hormones and hence hypothyroidism gets decreased, substantially.

By Branden Thad B Allison
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

I just googled Thyromine as that was the first I'd heard of it. It's certainly interesting, to say the least. I'm definitely not a fan of the fact that the first 2 website hits are websites saying not to buy it lol. However, it deserves me reading about it more and if it's decent, for me personally, it could be something to look into once my RT3 has cleared.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.52%

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Most Recommended Hypothyroid Diet

Iodine - this is a very important mineral that is needed by the thyroid glands. It is what makes it produce all the hormones. It helps stimulate the activity inside the gland. Hypothyroid patients are ones who do not eat enough foods that are rich with iodine. That is why during their first diagnosis, high amounts of iodine foods are recommended. We can get this from foods like seaweeds, salt water fishes, and tuna. All the foods we can get from the sea have good amounts of this mineral. You can eat them as an alternative to other meat products like pork.

By Ryan English
    This can be true, however,too much iodine can also cause hypothyroidism. I think too much iodine was one of the factors that contributed to my hypothyroidism.

Hypothyroidism caused by iodine deficiency is discussed in (Ch. 20). It is remarkable that hypothyroidism can also be caused by iodine excess, a condition described in the literature as ‘iodide-induced myxedema'. It can be explained by autoregulatory mechanisms operative in the thyroid gland. Inorganic iodide in excess of daily doses of 500-1000 µg inhibits organification of iodide; this phenomenon is known as the Wolff-Chaikoff effect. Usually an escape from the Wolff-Chaikoff effect occurs after several weeks. An unidentified iodinated product of the organification process (presumably an iodinated lipid) seems to be involved, which inhibits thyroidal iodide transport: consequently, the intrathyroidal iodine concentration falls below the level required for inhibition of organification (1). Failure to escape from the Wolff-Chaikoff effect may produce hypothyroidism and this occurs preferentially in subjects with pre-existent subtle organification defects. Indeed patients with chronic autoimmune thyroiditis, previous subacute or postpartum thyroiditis, or previous radioiodine or surgical therapy are prone to iodide-induced hypothyroidism (2),3.

Also, I would never begin to use thyromine if I had a serious thyroid issues, which I do. It is a typical herbal marketing scam aimed at ignorant people unable to discern the truth. The way they proliferate there product across a wide array of websites is proof enough of an illegitimate product. The reviews for the majority who have tried it are not positive either.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.54%

Basically any type of thyroid medication outside of straight t3 has the possibility to CAUSE or worsen hypo symptoms through secondary deficiences. Such as cortisol deficiency, or iron deficiency. If your adrenals aren't up to par and you lack the necessary cortisol to support the thyroid medication, you will have plenty of problems with it. Whether that be not converting the t4 into t3 properly, or worse converting that t4 into reverse t3. Same for iron. Your iron saturation percentage should be somewhere between 35-45%.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.52%

Had my second appointment two days ago with my alternative doctor. When I left he wanted me to stay at 25mcg T4 and 1 1/2 grains of dessicated thyroid. They also took blood to run a thyroid panel. Just got the results today: TSH 0.32, (It was 69 two months ago) T4 Free - 1.6 (High normal range), and T3 Free - 4.7 (upper range limit is 4.2 so I am high). The doc is dropping me to 1 grain of the dessicated thyroid based on these tests results. I am very pleased that my numbers have come in line so quickly.
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.54%

Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Had my second appointment two days ago with my alternative doctor. When I left he wanted me to stay at 25mcg T4 and 1 1/2 grains of dessicated thyroid. They also took blood to run a thyroid panel. Just got the results today: TSH 0.32, (It was 69 two months ago) T4 Free - 1.6 (High normal range), and T3 Free - 4.7 (upper range limit is 4.2 so I am high). The doc is dropping me to 1 grain of the dessicated thyroid based on these tests results. I am very pleased that my numbers have come in line so quickly.
    yah....I mean numbers are great. But how do you FEEL?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well I will add my story. I have always struggled with weight. I was about 215 at around 10-12% bf. With no change in diet or training I began putting on weight relatively fast. Woke up in the middle of the night with a pulse rate of 252 beats a minute, in a fib(irregular heart rythm), spent 4 days in icu. Doc said nothing wrong after every test they could throw at me and on 5th day heart went back into rythm and slowed down. still put on weight and a year later woke with same heart thing, spent a week in the hospital and nothing found again. Heart doc looked for thyroid problem both times cause he said it can cause this. A few more months went by and I could no longer train due to fatigue and after researching I thought I had genetic disorder, hemachromatosis. Doc began testing and ruled that out but finally saw thyroid was acting up and started me on 50mcg levothyroxine.
    This is the part everyone should listen to if you are facing this disorder. Find a doc that is knowledgable and will listen to you and is not stuck on treating just tsh. Next, do not use anything other synthroid if you need t4 meds. DO NOT USE GENERIC. Many may disagree with this but my wife is a pharmacist and says it is no good. Name brand meds are required to keep a much tighter control than generic, and when you deal in thousands of a miligram, you need it exact.
    My doc was not very eager to really do much and three years went by on 50 mcg and I continued to gain 5-10lbs a year while training and dieting like an animal. I got him to put me on compounded thyroid(like armor thyroid) although my wife was opposed to it cause she says they can not compound that accurately. If a pharmacist tells you that, LISTEN. And still no change and weight continued. Then my doc died.
    I just saw a new doc friday, and he is amazing. He saw my labs and informed me I have to been properly treated all this time. My tsh never went below 3.7 and my old doc said that was good. New doc pulled bloods and started me on 150mcg, and I feel amazing in just 3 days. Labs should be back soon and we are going to meet again. He wants to do more blood to check test and est, he is very proactive and a big fan of trt. Anyways I will keep everyone posted. Even my new doc said he will not right a script for anything other than name brand med when it comes to thyroid med because he feels there is too much room for error
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef View Post
    well I will add my story. I have always struggled with weight. I was about 215 at around 10-12% bf. With no change in diet or training I began putting on weight relatively fast. Woke up in the middle of the night with a pulse rate of 252 beats a minute, in a fib(irregular heart rythm), spent 4 days in icu. Doc said nothing wrong after every test they could throw at me and on 5th day heart went back into rythm and slowed down. still put on weight and a year later woke with same heart thing, spent a week in the hospital and nothing found again. Heart doc looked for thyroid problem both times cause he said it can cause this. A few more months went by and I could no longer train due to fatigue and after researching I thought I had genetic disorder, hemachromatosis. Doc began testing and ruled that out but finally saw thyroid was acting up and started me on 50mcg levothyroxine.
    This is the part everyone should listen to if you are facing this disorder. Find a doc that is knowledgable and will listen to you and is not stuck on treating just tsh. Next, do not use anything other synthroid if you need t4 meds. DO NOT USE GENERIC. Many may disagree with this but my wife is a pharmacist and says it is no good. Name brand meds are required to keep a much tighter control than generic, and when you deal in thousands of a miligram, you need it exact.
    My doc was not very eager to really do much and three years went by on 50 mcg and I continued to gain 5-10lbs a year while training and dieting like an animal. I got him to put me on compounded thyroid(like armor thyroid) although my wife was opposed to it cause she says they can not compound that accurately. If a pharmacist tells you that, LISTEN. And still no change and weight continued. Then my doc died.
    I just saw a new doc friday, and he is amazing. He saw my labs and informed me I have to been properly treated all this time. My tsh never went below 3.7 and my old doc said that was good. New doc pulled bloods and started me on 150mcg, and I feel amazing in just 3 days. Labs should be back soon and we are going to meet again. He wants to do more blood to check test and est, he is very proactive and a big fan of trt. Anyways I will keep everyone posted. Even my new doc said he will not right a script for anything other than name brand med when it comes to thyroid med because he feels there is too much room for error
    That's an amazing story, man.

It sucks that you've gone through all of the years of negatives and a doctor that lived in the "in range" world, but I'm glad to hear you're getting it resolved. I hope you'll definitely update us so we can hear how your progress goes. I know for me, it sucks to watch people barely try and have amazing success when we bust our backs harder than anyone else to make little to no progress.

I'm pulling for you.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    That's an amazing story, man.

It sucks that you've gone through all of the years of negatives and a doctor that lived in the "in range" world, but I'm glad to hear you're getting it resolved. I hope you'll definitely update us so we can hear how your progress goes. I know for me, it sucks to watch people barely try and have amazing success when we bust our backs harder than anyone else to make little to no progress.
    I'm pulling for you.
    I know exactly what you mean. I train like a beast and get mouse size results. But hopefully this will change things soon.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have honestly just given up on fat loss. I lift, been doing 5/3/1 with really good results, and spin for about 40min 4 times a week and eat pretty clean. I figure when it is meant to be it will happen
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30%

Hey everyone...so I'm not sure if this forum is still in use, but I will try anyways. Here's my story...

My name is Amy, I'm 25, im 5'10" and about 245 pounds. I've always been a little over weight, but I dont look awful since im so tall. And when I have the energy and time to, I have been able to lose weight. So for the past 4 or 5 months I have been feeling like hell...I've never had a migraine in my life, but have had them constantly for the last 4 months. I am nauseous, dizzy, numb and tingly down the right side of my body, no energy, extremely moody, loosing hair, gaining a little weight but not too much, very absent minded, forgetting A LOT!! So my doctors did every test imaginable...except a blood test. My brain MRI came back with some "non-specific white matter" in my frontal lobes (whatever that means). So right now I am waiting to see my neurolgist and figure out a treatment plan. Well when I was at my Dr. Last thursday I suggested we should do a CBC since I hadnt had one done in about 2 years. So I had some blood drawn, and she called me Friday morning. My TSH was off the charts. A 43. She couldn't believe it. She said it explains almost all of my symptoms except the headaches. So I am still dealing with that. She called in a script of Synthroid to my pharmacy and I picked it up after work and started my frist dose sat morning. I still am not seeing any results in my energy levels, but im pretty used to being tired all the time.

About a year ago I was doing Hot Yoga 6 days a week and going to the gym twice a day, 6 days a weeks for about 2 months and I lost about 30 pounds. Im not exactly sure when my Thyroid started to give...but I am going to try to lose weight again, hopefully successfully. I guess my question is, does anyone have any tips and diet and exercise? My diet has been awful. I have started a new job and am working from 7am to 6pm, so I dont really eat meals, just kind of snack here and there.

They also have me on all sorts of meds. Topamax for the migraines, Synthroid for the Thyroid, Percocet for my back (6 bulging disks from a car accident), Ambien CR for sleep...and I think thats it...I can't remember Anyway...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

GREAT thread. I'm a fellow hypothyroid lifter, diagnosed a year ago.

I'll be along for the ride if this picks up again.

AmyKat, that is quite a story, at the least you will want to get off those narcotics. The average MD won't give you any alternatives, but if you find a good doc they will prescribe you massage therapy which can have enormous effects on your pain and healing process from the car accident/bulging disks. Definitely something to look into. Although, that post was from 3/4 a year ago... I hope you are doing better!

MidwestBeast, if you don't mind me asking, how has your condition progressed?
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    MidwestBeast, if you don't mind me asking, how has your condition progressed?
    No success in finding the cause(s) or solution, yet. I just met with an endocrinologist (pituitary and thyroid specialist) at Vanderbilt, last week. She is checking cortisol as the problem again (by 2 midnight salivary tests and a 24-hour urine test). If either or both of those come back suspect, it will be the dexamethasone suppression test and that will tell if it's Cushing's or not.

She said I'd effectively ruled out the thyroid as a problem in all of this by all the testing and experimenting I'd done and that it was just something I'm dealing with, but not a cause. The disappointing thing was when she said if it's not cortisol, then there's (in her mind) nothing else to check/do and she mentioned I should consider prescription weight-loss drugs (phentermine, etc. and even metformin). I proposed the chance it's a DNA mutation/flaw or a problem at a cellular level (mitochondrial issue, perhaps-->energy expenditure issue). She said even if it was, there was nothing to do to fix those problems.

These last 2+ years have sucked, and as tired as I am, I refuse to give up or believe this can't be fixed. So, saliva tests just got mailed back today (she said the lab would take 3-4 weeks to process them) and I'll do the urine testing next week, most likely (not in as much of a rush since it'll still get done before the saliva results come in). I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'll see if cortisol is an issue and if not, I'll go from there. If it means going to Mayo, I'll do that.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

Wow, that does sound rough. I can kinda commiserate. In 2003, I had a full body CAT scan when was unconscious in the ER after being hit by a car, and when I woke up they told me I had all these broken bones and a concusion and what not, "..and, oh, we also found a pituitary tumor" lol. The tumor has had a lot of fun with wreaking havoc on my endocrine system for most of my life, and stopped responding to the expensive meds a couple years ago, so I had the doc crack me open and take it out last September. My hormones never stabilized as promised so I'm back on quite a bit of HRT and the tumor is back! The damn thing still isn't responding to the meds, persistent little f*ck. Lol, when life gives you lemons..

It is inspiring to hear that you are driven to find the cause and solution. A lot of people just give up when they have come as far as you have.

Best of luck with the forward progress.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Wow, that does sound rough. I can kinda commiserate. In 2003, I had a full body CAT scan when was unconscious in the ER after being hit by a car, and when I woke up they told me I had all these broken bones and a concusion and what not, "..and, oh, we also found a pituitary tumor" lol. The tumor has had a lot of fun with wreaking havoc on my endocrine system for most of my life, and stopped responding to the expensive meds a couple years ago, so I had the doc crack me open and take it out last September. My hormones never stabilized as promised so I'm back on quite a bit of HRT and the tumor is back! The damn thing still isn't responding to the meds, persistent little f*ck. Lol, when life gives you lemons..

It is inspiring to hear that you are driven to find the cause and solution. A lot of people just give up when they have come as far as you have.

Best of luck with the forward progress.
    That's rough, man. I definitely respect your drive in all of this, too.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about giving up, but I also know who I am and fitness/health/nutrition is such a huge part of my life that even though these couple years have been downright miserable, I have to fight through it. I'm a big believer in that God has a plan and that it will make sense, eventually. I've felt that way for practically my whole life, but this is the first time I've really been tested. That just goes to show how lucky I've been and how awesome my life has been. This all sucks, but through all of it, I've never lost faith that there's a reason for this and that it'll one day make sense. I just hope that I'm closer to finding that out and getting this resolved.

If you ever want/need to chat, just hit me up, man.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    That's rough, man. I definitely respect your drive in all of this, too.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about giving up, but I also know who I am and fitness/health/nutrition is such a huge part of my life that even though these couple years have been downright miserable, I have to fight through it. I'm a big believer in that God has a plan and that it will make sense, eventually. I've felt that way for practically my whole life, but this is the first time I've really been tested. That just goes to show how lucky I've been and how awesome my life has been. This all sucks, but through all of it, I've never lost faith that there's a reason for this and that it'll one day make sense. I just hope that I'm closer to finding that out and getting this resolved.

If you ever want/need to chat, just hit me up, man.
    Damn, good luck man. And I agree, there is always a reason, spiritual and physiological. And if there is a cause, there is a solution. I once read a story about a carpenter whose wife had fallen ill with some sort of chronic disease that there was no cure for. The guy had no scientific know-how when she was first diagnosed, and the doctors told him it was more a matter of prolonging life and making her comfortable than it was beating the illness. Well, some amount of time later and after a whole lot of reading the guy eventually found a way to save his wife. I can't remember what the illness was or when it was, but I think the dude was Italian? Anyway, it's stories like that which can really help you push through the feelings of hopelessness.

There is a solution. If you persevere, you will find it.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.01%

hey guys ive been reading through this thread and have learned a lot. i recently found out that i may be having issues w my thyroid. im getting more bloodwork done soon and have endocrine appointment next month. i was told thyroid seems slow but the free hormone levels were not effected. also, i have "high prolactin" levels. i was screened for a tumor which came back negative. anyone have any experience w this?
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by GIJane1928 View Post
    hey guys ive been reading through this thread and have learned a lot. i recently found out that i may be having issues w my thyroid. im getting more bloodwork done soon and have endocrine appointment next month. i was told thyroid seems slow but the free hormone levels were not effected. also, i have "high prolactin" levels. i was screened for a tumor which came back negative. anyone have any experience w this?
    Prolactin can vary a bit between men and women (depending on her age; whether it's around pregnancy; etc.). I did in fact have elevated prolactin levels and had a dynamic brain MRI done to specifically look at the pituitary and no prolactinomas/adenomas (small tumors) were found. However, they did point out that there are micro-prolactinomas and there's a possibility in those cases that a tumor does exist, but it just can't be seen.

I'd say it depends on your situation and what your prolactin levels are as far as how you go about treating it.

If you've got copies of any of your blood work, feel free to post the results and I'd be happy to interpret them (just know I'm not the greatest at it; I just have 2+ years of experience digging through/researching all this stuff).

If you had an elevated TSH, I'd check TPO-Ab and Tg-Ab to rule out or confirm Hashimoto's, since it's the number one cause of hypothyroidism (in the US, at least) and is far more predominant in women (this is what I have).
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.01%

thank you. i will try to post new results in 2 wks when they run the bloodwork again. i'm 32 y/o female and definately not pregnant. the dr is trying to determine if my thyroid tested slow due to supps i was on so they are really looking at results this time around. hypothyroidism does run in my family though. i was told poor thyroid function can elevate prolactin levels. i guess im concerned about effects of elevated prolactin, as i dont have common side effects of women such as fluid leakage.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

thank you. i will try to post new results in 2 wks when they run the bloodwork again. i'm 32 y/o female and definately not pregnant. the dr is trying to determine if my thyroid tested slow due to supps i was on so they are really looking at results this time around. hypothyroidism does run in my family though. i was told poor thyroid function can elevate prolactin levels. i guess im concerned about effects of elevated prolactin, as i dont have common side effects of women such as fluid leakage.
    It really depends how high the prolactin is/was. Mine was at 17 at its highest (measured) with a ref. range of 3-13 for males. I didn't have any lactation or anything like that, but I was concerned with the long-term effect on decreasing fertility.

TSH is a pituitary hormone, so it can make sense for prolactin to go up, as it is, as well.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

T4 CRASH

Just started T4 @ 50mcg/day in a.m. after a second FT4 reading came in even lower @ 0.56 (ref range 0.82-1.77) than from the June reading. It's never been this low. At first, I believed it to be from taking T3, but now my hunch is it's from eating VLC paleo/keto as I adjust my calories (need more from fat to make up loss from carbs!) - or perhaps both. FT3 was also slightly low (I have been on 100 mcg T3 [75mcg sustained-release T3 + 25mcg Cynomel]). Another possibility: carnitine supplementation.

I am on day 4 and am just now starting to crash with evening fatigue, wanting to lie down against my will. If I resist the fatigue, I "un-crash and reset" in about an hour.

Is this a normal "adjustment" reaction, as I did not notice this from when starting T3?
    Should I try cutting the dose in half to 25mcg (this is why my doc doesn't always advocate natural thyroid like Armour, as you can't adjust the T3 or T4)?
    I have never tried T4 before and thought this was a prime time to give it a shot and see. My biggest fear was that T4 would shunt to start boosting my rT3 levels which is why we stuck with T3 only.

Other relevant readings:
    - rT3 was @14.7 (ref range 13.5-34.2)
    - TSH @1.63.
    - preg is low @ 43 (I cannot tolerate oral preg any longer). I will be trying Dr. John's OTC TD preg cream.
    - a.m. serum cortisol is 12.7 (am waiting to get my 4x's saliva cort in)
    - homocysteine increased from 7 to 9.2 despite my heavy methylation support for my MTHFR C677T genetic mutation
    - TPO AB and TgAb are both low normal
    - SHBG is elevated @61.4 (my guess: from taking T3)
    - Prog is high normal @ 1.4
    - E2 is low normal @ 8
    - Lipid profiles have improved significantly from June labs which I will report on separately
    - Plasma Renin Activity & Aldosterone is LOW @ 0.55 (ref range 1.31-3.95) and Aldosterone is also low @ 3.4 (ref range 0.0-30.0) though my BP runs high, not low.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

A few thoughts:

I was initially sucked into the Wilson's syndrome/rT3 wormhole and was concerned that it was hurting my conversion to T3, thus, hindering me. What I've learned through further research is that it's pretty much garbage. Reverse T3 is a stress indicator; it's elevated when there's something else going wrong, so the whole T3-only supplementation at a high dose to "clear" rT3 isn't necessary at all. I did the same thing and it also drove my FT4 levels into the ground. No idea bout the carnitine or your diet, but that's likely the number one culprit for your FT4 being low OOR.

As far as a crash, I don't think that's something that the Synthroid/T4 should be causing. The half-life of it is very long and it will build up in your blood stream over time (that's why they don't recommend blood work until 6 weeks after being on that dose). 50mcg is actually the general starting dose and very low (I'm on 137mcg right now and some go even higher), so I wouldn't be concerned about halving it.

Cortisol/ACTH would be interesting to look into further with the low aldosterone levels. I actually have a doc that wanted to check that one last time for me and she had me do a 24-hour urine collection for cortisol, again, but made me drink minimal fluids to keep total urine volume down (it was 6 liters last time and this time was maybe 1.5) because the high urine content can keep the cortisol circulating instead of being reabsorbed by the kidneys. She also had me do 2 midnight saliva cortisol tests and said the daytime saliva tests aren't that important.

Anyway, I hope that helps some.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.57%

can someone give me cliffs, or a link, about why and how hypothyroidism works and how it can beat math? Ive heard of people having this condition but it never made sense to me since cals in vs cals out is complete mathematics.... id like to understand what you guys go through as my mom says she has this but i never understood
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    can someone give me cliffs, or a link, about why and how hypothyroidism works and how it can beat math? Ive heard of people having this condition but it never made sense to me since cals in vs cals out is complete mathematics.... id like to understand what you guys go through as my mom says she has this but i never understood
    Well, essentially, you're right. Hypothyroidism results in a slower metabolism that decreasing cals or upping exercise should take care of. I would assume that more often than not, people with hypothyroidism have other accompanying issues that make it more difficult. I'm still not sure what all I'm dealing with, but it's more than just hypothyroidism.

So to answer your question, in my opinion, it isn't the hypothyroidism that defies science, but something else at play (and then the hypothyroidism obviously doesn't help things).
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Has anyone mentioned anything about fluoride in this?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.01%

not that i read. care to elaborate?
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

So - the questions remains - based on my deficient FT4 levels, should I add T4 or not? Assuming I have a conversion block, we can assume T4 will shunt to rT3 - the exact opposite of the goal of the T3 monotherapy (which was to suppress TSH and rT3 levels) which we have accomplished to a degree. Since T4 is a storage hormone whose job is to convert (in euthyroid individuals) to T3, does it even have any metabolic significance itself? Does it really matter if my FT4 levels are depressed?
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.01%

heard back from dr. thyroid hormones now test normal but prolactin still elevated. the only side i experience from this is low libido. any other possible causes?
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.14%

heard back from dr. thyroid hormones now test normal but prolactin still elevated. the only side i experience from this is low libido. any other possible causes?
    Has the doc talked to you about the possibility of a prolactinoma? This is the main cause of prolactiaemia (high prolactin), a tumor of the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland which is an overgrowth of lactotroph cells that secrete prolactin. There are currently only two treatments accepted as valid in the medical community; dopamine receptor agonist therapy (cabergoline or bromocryptine, preferably cabergoline) which mimics the inhibitive properties of dopamine on prolactin secretion in order to cause cell shrinkage and prolactin secretion decline, or transphenoidal adenectomy - a surgery in which the tumor is removed. Usually people start with cabergoline and go to surgery if they are non-responsive to the cabergoline, which is not very often as cabergoline has a high success rate.

As far as other treatment methods, when studies are done on prolactinomas, the researchers usually inject the test rats with a mega dose of estradiol to instigate tumor formation. Because of this connection prolactinaemia to high levels of estrogen, some docs have started using aromatase inhibitors to lower estrogen and subsequently prolactin. This may not be the best mode of treatment for you as you are female, but it may be worth it to get a lab of your e2 (estradiol).

Also, I've been following a study in Iran which is currently underway investigating the effectiveness of Curcumin from Turmeric extract as a viable treatment for clinical prolactinaemia in humans. It was scheduled to have already been finished, but the results have not been posted/published yet. There have been several studies done in rats showing promise for treatment of prolactinaemia, but none in humans that I am aware of besides the above.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Official UFC 106 Pick'em Thread
    By sonofsteven in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:07 AM
  2. The OFFICIAL SX Review Thread!!
    By T-AD in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
  3. Official LOLCAT Thread
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29