The Official Hypothyroidism Thread

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.62%

dude i feel this... it takes me weeks to lose a pound. on a low calorie diet with over 190 pounds of muscle lol.. maybe i have problems.. or maybe i just dont drink water =/

heres a good page i didnt see sourced... lots of info.

thyroiduk dot org

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.31%

There are some excellent tips in this thread. Thank you everyone for sharing.

I also suffer from hypothyroidism since I was about 13 years old. Judging by the doses of the T4 that you're taking, I am guessing I'm a little bit on the more severe side since I've been at 150mcg of Synthroid daily...

Unfortunately every doctor I've ever visited regarding it has been very vague about what my blood work numbers come back as and every time I mention supplementing in T3, they basically shrug me off as if I was advocating some old wives tale remedy. Everything I've ever read about taking T3 has been beneficial, but none of my doctors have wanted to put any time into going over the information with me. Very frustrating.

One other tip that I could pass along to help, which was given to me very sternly from an endocrinologist of mine, is that you NEVER take Synthroid [or other T4 medication] with calcium. The two supplements should be taken as far apart as possible, since calcium blocks the absorption of the hormone. No scientific backing behind this, but thought I'd pass it on to anyone taking a multivitamin with their medication like I used to.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good tip imp, i never knew that. Calcium blocks absorption of a number of things. Iron being another. As far as your situation goes, i think the best advice i could give, and im sure beast will agree, is that you have a right to know what the numbers are on any bloodwork you get done. And if they are being too vague about it for you, ask for copies of your labwork and do some research on the specifics of what the numbers mean and how they relate to your particular situation and symptoms. Unless you really find a gem of a doc, they can all have kind of a "definitive authority" type of attitude when treating you. In reality, the world of healthcare moves sooo fast that nobody is the definitive authority on how to treat someone. Nothing wrong with seeking a second or even third opinion, even printing off some research u have done and brining it to an open minded doc. I think the bst quote about how to put it that i have heard is basically dont be a backseat passenger on treating YOUR body

This has turned into a really great thread beast, i give u all the props in the world for making this thread and telling your story....which i guarantee you will turn out to have a happy ending bro.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.99%

Wow. This thread keeps getting better, thanks for sharing some great info.

Question(sorry if it was asked) any thoughts on PES shift (3,3), anyone with a "true" problem thinking about trying it, any body think it will make a diff.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

Well, its basically t2 as far as i know. Not much is ever really written on t2, the only two thyroid hormones ever mentioned are the obvious t3 and t4. There is actually a really really great sticky over in the anabolics section, i believe its in the cycle info section. Im on my cell so i cant check and link u right now, but it gives an overview of t3 and actually goes into quite a bit of detail on t2 as well and how the two compare.

Now that you mention it that would seem like a great sponsored log for pes to do with someone where they get bloods done pre shift or alpha t2 and then get a thyroid panel done again 4 to 6 weeks or what have u in, and see the effect it had on their numbers. Id certainly be curious...
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by imsothemanxd View Post
    dude i feel this... it takes me weeks to lose a pound. on a low calorie diet with over 190 pounds of muscle lol.. maybe i have problems.. or maybe i just dont drink water =/

heres a good page i didnt see sourced... lots of info.

thyroiduk dot org
    If you haven't had a thyroid panel done, it's worth looking into. Like I said, I dealt with that for years but just always assumed I was doing something else wrong or not hard enough and on top of that I had a "slow metabolism." I never knew that one could actually control their metabolism; I thought it was just what you were born with and you were stuck with it. Hypothyroidism is something people who haven't busted their backs in the kitchen and in the gym will cry in hopes of taking an easy way out and not taking the blame for anything, but for those who do everything else right with little to no success - it's worth looking into earlier rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Impit View Post
    There are some excellent tips in this thread. Thank you everyone for sharing.

I also suffer from hypothyroidism since I was about 13 years old. Judging by the doses of the T4 that you're taking, I am guessing I'm a little bit on the more severe side since I've been at 150mcg of Synthroid daily...

Unfortunately every doctor I've ever visited regarding it has been very vague about what my blood work numbers come back as and every time I mention supplementing in T3, they basically shrug me off as if I was advocating some old wives tale remedy. Everything I've ever read about taking T3 has been beneficial, but none of my doctors have wanted to put any time into going over the information with me. Very frustrating.

One other tip that I could pass along to help, which was given to me very sternly from an endocrinologist of mine, is that you NEVER take Synthroid [or other T4 medication] with calcium. The two supplements should be taken as far apart as possible, since calcium blocks the absorption of the hormone. No scientific backing behind this, but thought I'd pass it on to anyone taking a multivitamin with their medication like I used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Good tip imp, i never knew that. Calcium blocks absorption of a number of things. Iron being another. As far as your situation goes, i think the best advice i could give, and im sure beast will agree, is that you have a right to know what the numbers are on any bloodwork you get done. And if they are being too vague about it for you, ask for copies of your labwork and do some research on the specifics of what the numbers mean and how they relate to your particular situation and symptoms. Unless you really find a gem of a doc, they can all have kind of a "definitive authority" type of attitude when treating you. In reality, the world of healthcare moves sooo fast that nobody is the definitive authority on how to treat someone. Nothing wrong with seeking a second or even third opinion, even printing off some research u have done and brining it to an open minded doc. I think the bst quote about how to put it that i have heard is basically dont be a backseat passenger on treating YOUR body

This has turned into a really great thread beast, i give u all the props in the world for making this thread and telling your story....which i guarantee you will turn out to have a happy ending bro.
    I agree with everything you said, bud. You're very wise in this field and I agree wholeheartedly on all points. Particularly the fact that your blood work is YOUR blood work. I now get copies of all of my labs and I scan them all into PDFs and keep them on a jump drive. Ask to see it, ask to have it explained and then take the time to research as much as you can on your own to interpret them, too.

As far as why docs don't want to go with T3, there are really 2 main reasons:

1. T3 has a shorter half life and it's much easier to spike levels, be imbalanced and experience hyperthyroidism symptoms, as well (versus T4 taking a long time to build up, taking it once a day and not worrying).

2. T3 when taken improperly or too long (read: too much and/or for too long of a duration), you will kill off your natural thyroid production and be dependent upon T3 for the rest of your life.

T4 (Levothyroxine/Synthroid) should be the first choice as it forces your natural thyroid to convert it into the active of T3, thus keeping your thyroid "alive." However, when it doesn't work (in cases of Reverse T3 dominance or when someone has their thyroid removed, etc.), you revert to using T3 because that's what you HAVE to do. It's not the first choice, but you have to do what works.

So that's why doctors are shy to suggest T3; it's understandable. However, they need to be open to it in cases where T4 isn't working.

My endocrinologist had me on 112mcg/day of T4 at a max and said that was about the most one could take without killing off natural thyroid production, so you may want to inquire about that with a dose of 150. My endo could be completely off, but it's worth asking about.

But yeah, you definitely want to know your numbers and understand it yourself. If I didn't do that, I'd still be on 50mcg of Synthroid right now. Granted I still weigh 244 lbs, but I'm closer to being able to lose it now than I would have been if I didn't bust it on my own and expected the doctor to know best lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post

Question(sorry if it was asked) any thoughts on PES shift (3,3), anyone with a "true" problem thinking about trying it, any body think it will make a diff.
    I love the concept of these products, but I would think that for someone on synthetic thyroid medication it would be a negligible difference. I could be completely wrong, though. Like Makaveli says, the blood work would be what would let us know. And if it does help, then that's a gold mine.

But in theory (to me), one on synthetic thyroid hormone should be able to manipulate their thyroid to perform at the level they specifically want.

Well, its basically t2 as far as i know. Not much is ever really written on t2, the only two thyroid hormones ever mentioned are the obvious t3 and t4. There is actually a really really great sticky over in the anabolics section, i believe its in the cycle info section. Im on my cell so i cant check and link u right now, but it gives an overview of t3 and actually goes into quite a bit of detail on t2 as well and how the two compare.

Now that you mention it that would seem like a great sponsored log for pes to do with someone where they get bloods done pre shift or alpha t2 and then get a thyroid panel done again 4 to 6 weeks or what have u in, and see the effect it had on their numbers. Id certainly be curious...
    Certainly worth entertaining.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

Update:

Went to my new doctor yesterday who is alternative in his thinking and approaches. He spent 1 1/2hrs. with me talking through things, very thorough and a very good listener. He was quite displeased with the mentality of my initial physician who advocated T4 only therapy and disregarded all labs but the TSH. He is starting me on dessicated thyroid (Nature's) at 1/2 grain for 10 days, then up to 1 grain, then up to 1 1/2 grains which he thinks will be my sweet spot. I will keep taking 25 mcg of the levothyroxine and may or may not discontinue that in the future. The idea is that I work up to a dose were I feel good without any hypo symptoms. If I go up and hit a dose where I start to have some hyper. symptoms then I drop back to the lower dose. In this way I will figure out my ideal dosing.

He also is running some other blood work. He is getting the reverse T3 and thyroid antibodies that I failed to get before as well as hair analysis, urine analysis, organic acids analysis (via blood), and a few other tests. He said I some indications that could possibly reflect heavy metal poisoning. I couldn't help but think of all the supps. I take that could have Chinese sources and may possibly have too high of lead content etc. I will get all of that testing back in 6 weeks or so when I go to see him again. He also thought I might have a B12 deficiency even though I already supplement B12 via sublingual tabs. He had a B12 test run too and gave me a B12 shot. Told me if I noticed a energy/mental boost over the next couple days that he would call in a scrip. for weekly B12 injections which I can do at home.

Oh yeah, he had me go get an ultrasound of my thyroid too as he felt some minor enlargement and just wanted to cover all the bases; fortunately that didn't show anything negative, just a slight enlargement.

All in all I felt very good coming out of yesterday and for once have confidence in my doctor which is a welcome relief. I will update as to whether or not I start to feel any improvement from the dessicated thyroid/B12 treatment. Thusfar I have been on the T4 for 1 1/2 weeks and haven't noticed any big changes with regard to my symptoms so I am really hoping this upgraded protocol will start to have an effect.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Went to my new doctor yesterday who is alternative in his thinking and approaches. He spent 1 1/2hrs. with me talking through things, very thorough and a very good listener. He was quite displeased with the mentality of my initial physician who advocated T4 only therapy and disregarded all labs but the TSH. He is starting me on dessicated thyroid (Nature's) at 1/2 grain for 10 days, then up to 1 grain, then up to 1 1/2 grains which he thinks will be my sweet spot. I will keep taking 25 mcg of the levothyroxine and may or may not discontinue that in the future. The idea is that I work up to a dose were I feel good without any hypo symptoms. If I go up and hit a dose where I start to have some hyper. symptoms then I drop back to the lower dose. In this way I will figure out my ideal dosing.

He also is running some other blood work. He is getting the reverse T3 and thyroid antibodies that I failed to get before as well as hair analysis, urine analysis, organic acids analysis (via blood), and a few other tests. He said I some indications that could possibly reflect heavy metal poisoning. I couldn't help but think of all the supps. I take that could have Chinese sources and may possibly have too high of lead content etc. I will get all of that testing back in 6 weeks or so when I go to see him again. He also thought I might have a B12 deficiency even though I already supplement B12 via sublingual tabs. He had a B12 test run too and gave me a B12 shot. Told me if I noticed a energy/mental boost over the next couple days that he would call in a scrip. for weekly B12 injections which I can do at home.

Oh yeah, he had me go get an ultrasound of my thyroid too as he felt some minor enlargement and just wanted to cover all the bases; fortunately that didn't show anything negative, just a slight enlargement.

All in all I felt very good coming out of yesterday and for once have confidence in my doctor which is a welcome relief. I will update as to whether or not I start to feel any improvement from the dessicated thyroid/B12 treatment. Thusfar I have been on the T4 for 1 1/2 weeks and haven't noticed any big changes with regard to my symptoms so I am really hoping this upgraded protocol will start to have an effect.
    I'm glad to hear everything is working out well for you, man. It sounds like you found a good doc. Definitely keep us updated, and if you don't mind, ask him if he has any colleagues he'd recommend in the Louisville, KY area (doubtful, but worth me asking you lol).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

I have slight hyperthyroidism and VA doctors wants to abate (kill) part of my thyroid and give me pills to fix it. Some people who knows please respond
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

wow, wish I had that "problem" Is it severe enough that you look malnutritioned? Unless that is the case, or not being able to put on weight really really....really bothers you I'm not sure I would do anything personally.

The most widely used treatment is radioactive iodine treatment. It kills off a percentage of the thyroid cells that absorb iodine. There are of course also pills you can take, methimazole and propylthiouracil both interfere with the thyroid and work to suppress it in hyper patients.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

So when they abate they just kill the part that absorbs iodine. Not malnurshed at 6'2" and 217#. My BF is higher than I like though
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

....I think you need a new doc.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

It is a VA doctor
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

you'll know when you see someone who has hyperthyroidism enough to warrant treatment, they look anorexic. I went to high school with a girl who had it, and she was about 70 pounds soaking wet.

No 217 pound guy who has a higher bf than he would like should be treated for hyperthyroidism IMO, and if ur bf is higher than you would like why in the world would you be entertaining hyperthyroidism treatment?? I guess I'm a little confused, and I think your doc is too.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

I went for yearly blood work. The doc sent me to endocrinolist and they told me that. I do not trust them entirely
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwarrior View Post
    I have slight hyperthyroidism and VA doctors wants to abate (kill) part of my thyroid and give me pills to fix it. Some people who knows please respond
    Do you mean hypo-thyroidism?

- Hypo-thyroidism = thyroid is working less than functional; e.g. you have slow to no metabolism and can be overweight or obese
    - Hyper-thyroidism = thyroid is working too much; e.g. you will be nothing but skin and bones because your metabolism is too high, so you can't keep on any weight (muscle OR fat)
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Do you mean hypo-thyroidism?

- Hypo-thyroidism = thyroid is working less than functional; e.g. you have slow to no metabolism and can be overweight or obese
    - Hyper-thyroidism = thyroid is working too much; e.g. you will be nothing but skin and bones because your metabolism is too high, so you can't keep on any weight (muscle OR fat)
    lol, just dawned on me he might have mixed the two up beast. Though the mention of killing off part of the thyroid is certainly not consistent with anything related to treating hypo.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

TSH 0.010 Free THYOXIN 1.9
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

lol, just dawned on me he might have mixed the two up beast. Though the mention of killing off part of the thyroid is certainly not consistent with anything related to treating hypo.
    Yeah.

TSH 0.010 Free THYOXIN 1.9
    Are you on any medication? If those are baseline numbers, that's certainly screaming "hyperthyroidism" but being overweight doesn't seem to come along with that unless you're looking at a secondary set of problems like undiagnosed/untreated diabetes or something else.
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

Yeah.

Are you on any medication? If those are baseline numbers, that's certainly screaming "hyperthyroidism" but being overweight doesn't seem to come along with that unless you're looking at a secondary set of problems like undiagnosed/untreated diabetes or something else.
    right, right. Certainly could have been taking something that was artificially suppressing tsh. If that's not the case, then there is certainly a secondary condition with one of the hormones produced by the pituitary, such as cortisol. I guess what blows my mind is that the doc could read the numbers, take one look at him, and NOT think there is a secondary problem and just go right to killing his thyroid, lol. That's not how you treat someone.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

I will let them do further test but nothing drastic until I understand every thing No diabetis though

If I take something to lower cortisol would that help?
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

right, right. Certainly could have been taking something that was artificially suppressing tsh. If that's not the case, then there is certainly a secondary condition with one of the hormones produced by the pituitary, such as cortisol. I guess what blows my mind is that the doc could read the numbers, take one look at him, and NOT think there is a secondary problem and just go right to killing his thyroid, lol. That's not how you treat someone.
    Exactly, man.

I know plenty of docs who rely too heavily on numbers, but this just baffles me. Although, I'll say from what I've heard, the VA can be a tough situation to deal with. I'd certainly hope it's not THAT bad, though.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

Is there any health risks to the levels as they are now
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

I will let them do further test but nothing drastic until I understand every thing No diabetis though

If I take something to lower cortisol would that help?
    I honestly don't want to suggest anything given the uniqueness of this situation. In theory, it could benefit, but we have no idea what your cortisol levels are.

Is there any health risks to the levels as they are now
    The TSH being that low is definitely out of the ordinary and I wouldn't want it there, but then again, TSH isn't all that great of an indicator of thyroid activity as much as some think.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

You mention cortisol levels. What does that do?
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

You mention cortisol levels. What does that do?
    I hate using wikipedia as a reference, but to save me from typing this all out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

You guys are pretty smart. I did look up the connection between thyroid function and cortisol levels. I have more to study.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

You guys are pretty smart. I did look up the connection between thyroid function and cortisol levels. I have more to study.
    Makaveli and myself just have done extensive studying in this area for our own gain and we happened to learn a bit along the way, haha. There is certainly a connection and you're right, you've got a lot to study - even now, I'm still learning and reading a lot more.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

Well before I let the doctor that is not reverseable I will do some more study on my own.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post

did you have a "true" problem with thyroids too?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

So when they abate they just kill the part that absorbs iodine. Not malnurshed at 6'2" and 217#. My BF is higher than I like though
    did you check your Test and E levels?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

32. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

They did not check my E and T levels this time. Bloodwork getting redone in Aug though
  33. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

They did not check my E and T levels this time. Bloodwork getting redone in Aug though
    do you have any LOW blood sugar issues?
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

I'm glad to hear everything is working out well for you, man. It sounds like you found a good doc. Definitely keep us updated, and if you don't mind, ask him if he has any colleagues he'd recommend in the Louisville, KY area (doubtful, but worth me asking you lol).
    I will ask him when I go back the end of August for my follow up appointment. It's definitely a big relief having someone I trust and feel comfortable with; I did have to drive an hour and a half to go to him, but it was worth it.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

Bump for updated links on Wilson's Syndrome/RT3 dominance on Page 1
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

Updated Labs

Just wanted to update anyone who may be following along with what I'm dealing with. Last Friday I had some levels checked and on paper, everything is where I want it -- Reverse T3, TSH and Free T4 all down (low, out of range) and Free T3 in range. In theory, everything is working and it should just be a matter of time before things start working -- key point being, in theory.

These numbers reflect ceasing T4 (Synthroid) in the last week of June and starting T3 on July 1 (25mcg on Day 1, 50mcg from Days 2-7, 75mcg from Days 8-10, 100mcg starting July 11th).

Name:  July 22, 2011 Labs.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  584.0 KB
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

This is great that you post up your actual labs in this thread man. I mean I know you always keep ME in the loop. But for the guys who don't understand bloods, and the importance of getting them done, what the results look like, what they mean, etc.. This is a really great thread for them to stumble on and hopefully understand the importance of it all and use it to their benefit. HUGE props bro.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

Bump for updated links on Wilson's Syndrome/RT3 dominance on Page 1
    I am from Elizabethtown KY about 40 miles s of Louisville
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

These numbers reflect ceasing T4 (Synthroid) in the last week of June and starting T3 on July 1 (25mcg on Day 1, 50mcg from Days 2-7, 75mcg from Days 8-10, 100mcg starting July 11th).
    Thanks for posting the update. So where do you go from here? Will you stay on T3 alone or will you add some T4 back in? Ultimately, it is how you feel that is most important. I'm hoping your hypo symptoms have diminished or disappeared altogether.

I find myself very hopeful that as I personally regain more normal thyroid levels I will see some benefits in terms of body composition/muscle gain/strength etc. I would love to hear if you have noticed any difference in the gym or in any of these areas since you've been on the T3.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.49%

Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Thanks for posting the update. So where do you go from here? Will you stay on T3 alone or will you add some T4 back in? Ultimately, it is how you feel that is most important. I'm hoping your hypo symptoms have diminished or disappeared altogether.

I find myself very hopeful that as I personally regain more normal thyroid levels I will see some benefits in terms of body composition/muscle gain/strength etc. I would love to hear if you have noticed any difference in the gym or in any of these areas since you've been on the T3.
    From here, I keep dosing the T3 until I notice/feel any difference(s). In theory, I could add T4 back in, but I'm not going to do that until I feel the T3 working and even then, it's a risk of it converting again. I still feel very much hypo. It doesn't matter what or how much I eat, I still don't see the scale weight go down and the body composition has only gotten worse.

The gym has only gotten worse for me lately, so I don't have much positive news to report in that area at this moment. I'm just playing the waiting game and will await feeling the thyroid meds kick in.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Official UFC 106 Pick'em Thread
    By sonofsteven in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:07 AM
  2. The OFFICIAL SX Review Thread!!
    By T-AD in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
  3. Official LOLCAT Thread
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat