eating at a deficit, gaining weight? - AnabolicMinds.com

eating at a deficit, gaining weight?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

eating at a deficit, gaining weight?

Seriously.

The only change is ended a lean xtreme run and started creatine. Lost 8lbs over 5 weeks, stopped taking lean xtreme, added creatine and now I have gained 3 pounds back in a week.

Still eating 1700cals/day

All I can think is water weight from stopping lean X and adding creatine?

thoughts?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

Yes, the creatine could certainly add it. I would recommend creatine nitrate, it really doesn't have the water weight pitfalls of older creatines.

Aside from that, have you figured out your maintenance calorie level? Your diet may need more tweaking. Also, make sure to throw in some High Intensity Interval Training a few days a week to really kick start the fat loss.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

For the 5 weeks I was losing about 1.8lbs a week so I know my cal's are spot on. I use myfitnesspal.com and weight/measure everything and basically eat the same group of stuff so I know that didnt change. I was making great progress until I stopped lx and added CellMass (creatine). Now the weight has gone up!

I lift 5x a week and cardio 3x a week. Like I said, no changes cept no more LX and added Cellmass post lifting.

I take pictures since I have found they are more honest than a scale and all still looks good but it was just odd that I bounced from 172.4 to 175.6 in a week.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

water is heavy, supplemented creatine will hold more water in the mucles
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just casting a vote for whats been posted.
    Water is heavy. Creatine makes the body hold water between muscle tissue. Reviewing what you've told us it sounds like water weight.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

It could just be a simple matter of when you weigh yourself. I fluctuate 3lbs throughout the day. It all depends on when I eat (I eat a sh!tload), poo, pee, etc.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's another matter. all in all dont let the scale **** with your head if its only a matter of like 3 pounds.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

yeah it seemed to level off.. I always weigh in the morning and it looks like I stabilized at +3 so its probably water weight. the GF says I look leaner than last week so I'll go with that.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.

Factoid: Did you know that for every 1 gram of carb, your body retains 5 grams of water.... i think this is right hahaha =D
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Did you add the creatine to put on more muscle? Are you now in a muscle building routine? I think weight loss requires catabolism (which burns some muscle), whereas muscle building requires anabolism (which burns some fat). So, if you were catabolic, you lost fat and some muscle, which is included in your lower weight. Now that you are adding in the creatine (which suggests greater emphasis on muscle building and promoting an anabolic environment), your body would use the protein available in your diet to repair the muscles (assuming calories were sufficient to maintain that mass) and make them bigger and stronger, due to the more anabolic environment provided by the creatine and enhanced intensity with the weights. So, long story short, my thought is that you gained back some of the muscle you lost, including the water, which explains why your girlfriend said you look leaner. Either way, great job on the weight loss, and don't get discouraged by 3 lousy, invisible pounds!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

yeah bud... no more calorie deficit for me! but it was weird I was on the last week of calorie deficit when I started creatine, increased intensity.. I was thinking last week - push hard! and then increase cal's and such...

like you said... invisible 3lbs. it took a few days to get over it! not sweating it now!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Your body can very in weight each day for many reasons which is a main reason why i rely more on the mirror, (mirror doesnt lie) its very possible that it is just that, water weight. I wouldn't worry about it at all if you look leaner and look good in the mirror go with it the scale will judge progress mathmatically but it doesnt do a damn thing for how you look and thats what everyone goes for.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I need help gaining weight.
    By Sinr98 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
  2. Gaining weight on CKD????
    By maurice02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
  3. gaining weight during PCT
    By Canadianguy in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0