Brief rundown of Ultimate 2.0 vs. CKD vs. The Anabolic Diet

1. Registered User
    Answers

Brief rundown of Ultimate 2.0 vs. CKD vs. The Anabolic Diet

I've done keto, and i refuse to do it anymore. It worked to get more to 13-14%bf, but i did not function well. I'm interested in recomping and I was wondering if someone could give me a brief rundown of how the Ultimate 2.0 diet works and how it measures up to CKD/AD? thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Answers

IIRC, the UD 2.0 is an updated and modified version of BodyOpus, where Lyle McDonald adjusted workouts and dietary plans from the original in ways that he believes are more effective. It is cyclical in nature, but not specifically for the purposes of getting into ketosis. It's more of a depletion workouts while eating low carb, then refeed and hitting the gym hard. Lyle warns that it's not an easy diet and that it's really only for males at 12-15% and women at 21-24% bf already.

While I'm fuzzy on recalling the details, I've read all three books, and in many ways they are similar in their cyclical nature. The differences are in diet and recommended workouts. I'm sure other people can provide better information than I, but I will point you to Lyle McDonald's site. If you haven't been there before, it's got lots of interesting info.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

with Atkins Diet i do 5x5 training.
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

•   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sarguy View Post
    IIRC, the UD 2.0 is an updated and modified version of BodyOpus, where Lyle McDonald adjusted workouts and dietary plans from the original in ways that he believes are more effective. It is cyclical in nature, but not specifically for the purposes of getting into ketosis. It's more of a depletion workouts while eating low carb, then refeed and hitting the gym hard. Lyle warns that it's not an easy diet and that it's really only for males at 12-15% and women at 21-24% bf already.

While I'm fuzzy on recalling the details, I've read all three books, and in many ways they are similar in their cyclical nature. The differences are in diet and recommended workouts. I'm sure other people can provide better information than I, but I will point you to Lyle McDonald's site. If you haven't been there before, it's got lots of interesting info.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    UD 2.0 has much less fat in it and more extreme calorie fluctuations. The carb ups were fun as hell though. Lyle has stated on his forum that even UD 2.0 could use some updates as it was written several years ago now. I'd assume the same is true for the Anabolic Diet.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    UD 2.0 has much less fat in it and more extreme calorie fluctuations. The carb ups were fun as hell though. Lyle has stated on his forum that even UD 2.0 could use some updates as it was written several years ago now. I'd assume the same is true for the Anabolic Diet.
    Now that ya mention it, I recall reading the same thing on his forum. I think my fave part about the UD 2.0 is Lyle's warning that the workouts while in a depleted state could cause nausea, fatigue, and a general desire to track him down and kick his @ss.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sarguy View Post
    Now that ya mention it, I recall reading the same thing on his forum. I think my fave part about the UD 2.0 is Lyle's warning that the workouts while in a depleted state could cause nausea, fatigue, and a general desire to track him down and kick his @ss.
    After doing it, that is in fact true. I cursed his ass once or twice on Thursday when working out before the carb up.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 07:30 AM
  2. Ultimate Anabolic Stack @ $58.99!?!?!
    By Vitruvian in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 06:38 PM
  3. Anabolic X Ultimate Stack
    By DAdams91982 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 09:27 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM