I may be dumb?

Coalminer89

Awards
Alright guys here's a little history,
This time last year I weighed 305 I decided I'd had enough and wanted to lose weight. I lost around 40 pounds through diet and whatever physical activity I encountered at work. Now it's time for **** to get real I've seen what I can do with little effort so I'm ready to amp it up. I wanna start building some muscle while I'm finishing the loss process. I am about 2 weeks into my first prescription of phentermine. I'm sticking with the same diet I've had just adding more protein here and there. I have been working out >5 times a week and jogging just as regularly.
I have recently started taking a pre work-out and a post work out.

Here's the schedule I have at the moment

4am buzzurk pre work out and small cardio in the house till it "kicks in"
Work out till 530am on crossbow
Afterglow post workout take fish oil and multi v
7am Banana or a few almonds
9am 37.5 milligrams phentermine
5-6 bottles of water throughout the day
1pm 2 slices whole wheat bread with 3-4 slices oven roasted turkey a handful of baked lays
730pm jog at least half a mile
Glass of orange juice and a tbsp of peanut butter and bed before 9

When I work nights I run before I workout and just go straight to bed after I get home

I need help guys I don't know what I'm doing. I think I've takin the correct steps but it seems like I get thrown in a different direction with everyone I talk to. I need to know what wrong with what I have goin and what i can do to help it. Hell is it even possible to build and cut at the same time? I know this may seem all seem dumb an I may look like a jack*** but Im really wantin some pointers.
Any input yall have well be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ethan

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4am buzzurk pre work out and small cardio in the house till it "kicks in"
Work out till 530am on crossbow
Afterglow post workout take fish oil and multi v
7am Banana or a few almonds
9am 37.5 milligrams phentermine
5-6 bottles of water throughout the day
1pm 2 slices whole wheat bread with 3-4 slices oven roasted turkey a handful of baked lays
730pm jog at least half a mile
Glass of orange juice and a tbsp of peanut butter and bed before 9
Where is the food there? I see a post workout drink i'm not really familiar with a small sandwich and a glass of orange juice with one tablespoon of peanut butter. You can't be getting 60g of protein your whole day, or even 800 calories with all that combined. You aren't going to build any muscle at all.

Coalminer89

Awards
Thanks man, what do you suggest

I still have alot of fat on my body that I'm trying to lose my idea was the limited intake with the exercise would just make my body use the stored energy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of what it will use is what muscle tissue you have though, as its easier for the body to tear down muscle tissue than fat. Your BMR with no activity is 2375. You should be getting at least that many calories. With getting that much, your activity will still put you at a negative net caloric amount for the day.

I'd suggest not buying another tub of afterglow when this one runs out, and inserting a bunch more solid whole food proteins into your day. If you can get 180-220g from solid foods, that would be great. It sounds like a lot, but if you made breakfast a 6 egg omelete, lunch ate 2 cans of tuna, and dinner had a chicken breast you'd be about there.

Don't be afraid of fats, fats are NECESSARY for health. Realistically going less than 80g of healthy fats a day is where you start getting negative effects. I'd also dump the orange juice. Eating a whole orange is ok but just juice is somewhat iffy to me particularly when trying to lose fat.

It may sound like eating more calories is counter to losing fat, but it isn't. You have to face 2 realities -

1) at some point you will be at or close enough to your goal weight where you need to shift into maintenance mode. Having more moderate losses with a diet that won't require a huge change to go to maintenance will make it easier to keep the weight off

2) at severely reduced calories like you are at, you can't be performing optimally either on the strength portion of the workout or on cardio as your body is doing all it can to conserve energy. You'll be able to do much better with both if you at least give your body enough fuel to survive.

Coalminer89

Awards
Ok!

May I ask why I need to dis the afterglow ....... Not questioning your advise just trying to learn

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, its not really necessary to dump it, but i'd rather see you spend the same money on quality foods. Its over $4 a serving, and you'd be far better served eating 8oz of cottage cheese with a banana for less than half the money.

Coalminer89

Awards
Ok I appreciate it
Is there anything else that crosses your mind? The main goal is weight loss but I really wanna build muscle as quick as possible

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, joining a gym rather than using the crossbow would be useful if thats possible. The crossbow is a nice piece of equipment in some ways, but it still is limited.

Coalminer89

Awards
Yeah that's a big 10-4 lol, I'm lookin into the gym.......... I bought the crossbow to get started and make sure I was gonna stay dedicated. I picked it up off a bud for 80 bucks

Coalminer89

Awards
I counted my intake for the day
Cal-544
Carb-95
Protein-42
Fat-15

I know the calories are low and the protein is to but what else can y'all tell me

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
No offense--but the DIET is about all you are going to hear at first.
544 calories are barely enough to sustain life, let alone an even semi-active lifestyle. You need to focus on getting those calories to a reasonable range using FOOD, not expensive PWO's.

Coalminer89

Awards
Ok I hear ya........... exactly how to I gain the calories without a messin everything up?
I heard about the eggs and chicken and all an i do appreciate the help but honestly I'm killin my sleep already just by working out......... I have no time to cook and clean I'm workin 7-730 almost everyday up at 4 then bed as soon as possible.

What foods are quick and easy that I can grab an go and still get the loss that I want

Thanks in advance guys, y'all are the first people I've found to even halfway make an attempt at answering a question and I a

Coalminer89

Awards
Ok I hear ya........... exactly how to I gain the calories without a messin everything up?
I heard about the eggs and chicken and all an i do appreciate the help but honestly I'm killin my sleep already just by working out......... I have no time to cook and clean I'm workin 7-730 almost everyday up at 4 then bed as soon as possible.

What foods are quick and easy that I can grab an go and still get the loss that I want

Thanks in advance guys, y'all are the first people I've found to even halfway make an attempt at answering a question and I appreciate it

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I counted my intake for the day
Cal-544
Carb-95
Protein-42
Fat-15

I know the calories are low and the protein is to but what else can y'all tell me
...Dude... That's less than ONE of my meals, and I ate 5 today. Listen to Easy, eat more protein and fat and reap the reward of a proper diet. Fasting has benefits, but you're just starving yourself. All that's gonna accomplish is to make you skinny-fat; low bodyweight, but no muscle and high bodyfat percentage.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks in advance guys, y'all are the first people I've found to even halfway make an attempt at answering a question and I a
Ok, i'm going to assume a few things first. You can't actually be working 7-730 every day, you have to get at least 1 day off. I'm also going to assume you won't complain too much about the food being the same or boring. Last i'm going to assume you could at least skip 1 workout on the crossbow a week to make time.

So heres what you do. Go to walmart or sams club once a week. Buy 6 pounds of chicken breasts, 5 pounds of ground beef, 8 pounds of broccoli, 2 pounds of asparagus, brown rice and some extra virgin olive oil. All at once, bake the chicken breasts and squeeze the ground beef flat into a roasting pan and bake it too. you can season them with whatever you want. cook 6 dry cups of rice (most rice cookers will only do 2 dry cups at a time, so you'll either need a pot, or a big rice cooker). steam the broccoli + asparagus. All of this should take only an hour or two. after cooking the chicken breasts chop them into moderate cubes. Then mix all this together, and if that is a pain with you not having a big enough container you can separately bag up each of them in gallon ziplocks, and just pull out what you need for each meal. If you can mix it all together, i'd also add a cup of olive oil to the mix, if not, for each meal add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. That easily gives you enough food premade to make it the week. For each meal you want about a cup of the chicken or beef, a cup of the rice, and a cup mixed of the broccoli + asparagus. Simple, easy, can be tasty if you use good seasonings (I recommend the Mrs Dash line to avoid excessive sodium). And each day it only takes a few minutes to grab a meal, and pack a meal for lunch.

Coalminer89

Awards
Easy...... Your a life saver I'll definately try it......
I know it's hard to believe but I am employed by an energy company and with the summer hittin and everyone cranking up the a/c and the pool pumps were workin killer overtime. I get 24 consecutive hours off swapping nights to days and vice versa so this plan is really music to my ears

One question how many times a day am I eating it
Also I hear that snacking throughout the day increases metabolism if this is true what are some snacks you recommend

I know I'm askin alot from y'all and I just wanna reiterate my appreciation for putting up with my ignorance

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd try to eat that much 3-4x a day, if only 3x a day i'd probably go a cup and a half on the chicken/beef at least 2 of the meals. The whole idea of snacking increasing metabolism is a bunch of crap, but snacks aren't a bad thing. Buy some of the 100 calorie packs of blue diamond almonds, and bring a few apples along with you to work. those are both easy and healthy. Protein bars aren't totally terrible, but not all that great either. Hard boiled eggs might work too, most grocery stores sell them premade, or again you could buy 2 1/2 dozen and boil them all the 1 day a week.

Coalminer89

Awards
Good deal man I actually bought those almonds your talkin about a couple days ago

I'm gonna take the advise and use it ....... I'll re- post in this thread with the results in a couple weeks to a month just depending on when I get to make a trip to the groccery store lol

Also .......... Keep a light on for me:veryhappy:

JComp

Awards
Great advice easy. I usually do half the chicken in one seasoning and the other half in another to avoid some of the repetatieness.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, i've done all sorts of variation with it. When I plan to reheat the food before eating (rather than eating cold) I would cook it unseasoned other than a little bit of sea salt and season it before adding olive oil + reheating, which worked pretty well.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say dumb - maybe just uninformed or overambitious. Either way looking at this I would worry youre going to get hurt.

The human body needs round about 1500kCal/day to carry out its complete vital metabolic cycle. So depending on your daily activity it may be more, rarely any less. Obviously hypocaloric diets=weight loss; hypercaloric diets=weight gain.
BUT in your regimen, if EasyEJL calculated correctly, 800kCal is starvation... you're facing organ and serious muscle tissue damage.

Don't rely so much on supplements like the Afterglow and Phentermine. I agree, quality lean foods are much more anabolic and beneficial by so many means for which ever way your goals are. They're called supplements for a reason: they supplement diet ad training.

Timing of nutrition is just as important as getting the nutrition. For example, having simple sugars from orange juice before sleep is not a good idea. Fructose is good natural energy source but not before you're about to go to sleep - then they only go to waste and end up in adipose tissue as fat.

Diets for fat loss often monitor carb control even more than calories. Timing of carbohydrate intake, what kind, and how often can greatly influence your metabolism. In addition to modifying metabolic rate, eating frequent small lean meals along with proper exercise will increase your metabolism--> increase maintenance calories--
> more efficient weight loss.

Coalminer89

Awards
Hey guys I'm checkin in, ha ha I hope someone is still interested. I took your advice easy and your little meal has been a staple for a long time. I'm down to 220 and loving it. Still cutting though. I had trouble with the holidays and what not. Also taking time off from the gym for this reason or that but I have certainly made a little progress an just wanted to check back in so you know your advice didn't fall on deaf ears.

Here's some before and after...... Even managed to score the girl of my dreams

Attachments

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear! It takes time for sure, and set backs will happen. But building better habits that will last is the important part