Thoughts on the 4 hour body

OafMister

Awards
A co-worker of mine was telling me about this diet plan he was going to try called the 4 hour body and it has my interests perked. Just wondering on others thoughts, maybe experience with the dietplan, or if it is just bs.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I just looked into it and stopped reading after I read this:

"In his book, Ferriss covers diet, sleep (suggesting six 20-minute naps a day as opposed to 8 straight hours of sleep)."

From what I've looked into, it's basically weight loss without exercise. Well, ya...if you don't sleep enough and eat low cals, you will get skinny. Just do speed. Problem solved.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The book has a diet and workout planned outlined as well as supplementation along with lots of the authors theories on various subject from sex to binge eating.

I own the book and dont know if it is something I would recommend but then again I have just read little bits here and there.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Sleep=gh production
Sleep=fat loss
Get lots. REM cycles are usually 3 hours. Sleeping less then that is no good.

OafMister

Awards
what about the concept of being able to eat beans on his "slow carb" diet. makes no sense to me.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
If not mistaken this was also the guy that suggested you only eat a lot of the same type of food so that your body gets "used to it" and knows how to digest it the best. AKA, no variety in your diet.

OafMister

Awards
You are correct