Why ain't it coming off...?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Stats 5 9" 200lbs at idk 14-16% bf. I'm trying to cut and idk what's going wrong...

Diet

Meal 1: 52gram protein shake blend fast,med,slow with milk

Meal 2: 4.5oz of tuna with pack of almonds, peanuts

Meal 3 6-8oz chicken with low carb wrap with spinach leaves

Meal 4: 4.5 oz tuna again

Meal 5: 6-8 oz steak or chicken with green veggies

Meal 6: 2tb peanutbutter

(after workout have 50 gram protein)

Workout:

Mon: full body
Tuesday: cardio 20-25min
Wed:full body
Thurs: cardio 20-25min
Friday: full body.
Sat: sometime iso day.
Sun: rest.

davesfx

Awards
I am sure others will reply with better reps...

..but..at a quick glance, I would have to say that your overeating on cals... cals outs vs cals in to cut my friend. Will you post your caloric intake?

Use MFP or some type of cal counter and be real with it. See what you need and take off 500 cals off your BMR and you will drop weight. Easy as that, not rocket science necessary :)

Good Day and Kind Regards.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
It says my bmr with some exercise is 2750... So I take 500 off I'm at 2250....

What's strange is some people say to eat over 4000 calories no idea why.. Time to figure out how many callers are in my meals

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1: has 440 calories
Meal2: has 490
Meal3: has 420
Meal 4: has 200
Meal 5: has 350
Meal 6: has 190

Post workout: has 460...

So on non workoutdays I'm taking in a grand total of...2090 calories which is about a 600 calorie deficient and on workout days 3-4 times a week about 300 under... So I should be right there....

So hmm what's wrong now... On workout days I'm getting about 250grams and non about 200...

Last edited:

davesfx

Awards
People think all different things and somethings work better for some than others.

Some think to get big one must eat big...but for your purpose (Cutting) you would want to eat less.

Try MFP - myfitnesspal they have a website and a downloadable app for Droid/Iphone

Once you figure your actual cals consumed, you might be amazed as to how much your knocking down. Keep the protein high and you'll have a lesser chance of consuming muscle and more burning the fat.

I say find what works best for you. I cut a 1k cals a day and never eat after 7pm. I awake at 5am and start a "fasted" routine. Some like it, some dont. Everyone responds differently. I consume isopure 50g choco protein shakes (220 cals x 3) and eat very moderately. A great tip is to snag all the "greens" you can. By the time the body breaks them down they are borderline negative cals and give you tons of fibs/mins/vits.

Good Luck! You will get there, just listen to your body.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
So roughly on workout days I'm at 280 protein... Non workout 230protein... Fats at about 50-75.... Carbs are about 75

davesfx

Awards
Mach, you can try to adjust your macros and see what is best suited. It will take a second to dial in, but once you do, you will know what you need for future cuts.

40 protein
40 carbs
20 fats

I dont use a 40/40/20 as I try to keep my carbs a little lower. But as always I have to be reminded that not all carbs are created equal.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Mach, you can try to adjust your macros and see what is best suited. It will take a second to dial in, but once you do, you will know what you need for future cuts.

40 protein
40 carbs
20 fats

I dont use a 40/40/20 as I try to keep my carbs a little lower. But as always I have to be reminded that not all carbs are created equal.
X2, with him. Drop the peanut butter out of the last meal of the day. Up the cardio to 65min 4x a wk. With what your trying to do here there are not going to be rest days unless you do doubles. Or cardio 45min 6x a wk.

Botttom line is your not doing enough cardio to burn enough cals. Once you do weight will come off your body

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
I have the same problem. I put in the work but the fat doesn't like to leave, I think my problem however is that i'm cutting corners in my diet whether I know it or not. Are abdominal workouts essential to loosing weight around the stomach, or is it all in the diet?

davesfx

Awards
Its all in the nutrition. 100% Plain and simple. People can eat right, walk and lose weight. The most important thing to remember is cals in vs cals out. 9 out of 10 people cant lose because they do not know how much they consume. Plain and simple. They underestimate the actual calories they are taking in. Get your macros correct and you wont have a thing to worry about. It is not possible to target specific regions, your body does this for you. You can however use cortisol controllers and estrogen controllers to alleviate your body trying to store fat in your neck/chest/lower belly. All in all, get your nutrition corrected first before anything else.

Also, small words of advice... dont eat past 7pm and dont eat until 7am, this will give you 12 good hours of fasting. Try to alleviate the carb intake at night as well. Try to stay lean with protein and veggies.

We like to think that we need to eat big and need all of these extra carbs/proteins at night and that is needed for other objectives, fat loss being not one of them.

Use a calorie counter and be real, heck even over estimate on your cals to stay slim!

Great Luck all :)

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
What about the theory that under eating in carbohydrates will slow your metabolism and your body will try to store fat? fact or fiction. Or would you have to be seriously undernourished to get to this point?

NavyMuscle29

Awards
Nothing is wrong with your diet, but you should be doing 30min cardio upon waking and 30 min before bed at a minimum of 5x per week. 40min of cardio a week is a joke.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Try adding in some more cardio.
What I like is: wake up and do some "weights" with the tower 200 and a kettlebell. Then I go for a jog/run. I do this all fasted.
Monday :am tower and light jog pm: Mma training
Tuesday :am more intense fasted cardio. Usually sprints
Wed: same as Monday
Thursday: same as tuesday
Fri: same as Monday/wed with super intense Mma training at night.
Saturday: same as Tuesday and thursday
Sunday : off day. Maybe ride my bike or go for a walk if it's nice but really relaxed.
Sometimes I switch up my morning routine just so my body doesn't get used to the same thing all the time.
Keep the diet clean and add in that cardio and watch the fat melt away. You may not see weight drop though because you will be recouping quite a bit.

davesfx

Awards
What about the theory that under eating in carbohydrates will slow your metabolism and your body will try to store fat? fact or fiction. Or would you have to be seriously undernourished to get to this point?
I would think you would have to be super skinny (LOW BF%) in order to do this. Everyone is different and everyone has extremes. I have seen dieticians put severly obese people on super strict low cal diets and have seen people gorge 5k cals and still accomplish weight loss through extreme exercise. You can make it as easy or complex as you like it.

My personal account is this. I am on an extreme cut and listen to just my body. People can try to say whatever they want, but I am completely dialed in and am a fat burning machine w/out all the extra hoaxes.

Very Simple.

I do fasted exercises first thing in the morning.

Breakfast = Isopure low carb Choco 50g P/1 net C/1g F /220 cals.
(snack) = Nut-trition Healthy Nut Mix -- 8g P/3 net C/22g F/250 cals.
Lunch = Isopure low carb Choco 50g P/1 net C/1g F /220 cals.
(snack) = Starkist Tuna in water/Bagelthin 23gP/28g C/ 1.5F/230 cals
Dinner = Lean Meat and a Veggie. I will use this time to add in more food that doesn't stack carbs to high. I will throw in anything as long as its early enough to satisfy any sweets or things that I have to have...to keep me from crashing to ruining my diet. 1 pc of candy or 1 pc of anything for that matter will not hurt you. Stressing over it will cause your body more harm than just eating it and satisfying your cravings. I stay well within a 1750 cal limit. Sometimes I find it hard to even attain that. I do mild cardio 3-5 times a week and lift 3 times a week. I am not losing muscle mass and I continue to gain strength and gains. ...so fact or fiction??? to low of a cal intake will cause you to burn muscle and not fat... In my case, simply fiction. I have enough fat storage to continue to burn as long as I give myself the simple nutrition it needs.

I dont see how 40 min of cardio is a joke and his diet being fine. Not all carbs are created equal and to slam 2 tbsp of peanut butter right before bed doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do if your trying to cut.

Everyone listen to your own body. Listen to the next man and you can try what he tries, but our own body is trial and error. See what works and what doesn't then Go Hard!!! Be truthful and record record record what you eat. You can cut and lose weight but I find that you have to track every calorie and be aware of what you put in your body in order to succesfully lose weight.

Best of Luck!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
He is doing 40 mins a week. Up it to 40 - 60 mins a day of good paced walking. Meaning you don't need to power walk but don't be out for a Sunday stroll.

In 2 weeks you WILL see a difference if you keep everything else the same.

If you want better results drop the milk and protein in both the AM meal and the post workout. Instead eat 6 eggs with or without Yolks, I would prefer to see the yolks in there. With some veggies.

I GUARANTEE you will see results with this if all you are posting is accurate.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I'm upping the cardio now.... I hate cardio lol... I'll try and do 30min 4 times a week.. Walk/run mix.... Maybe 10min run 10min walk 10min run... How's that? Also I am on my feet all day for work... And walk about 2 miles a day that I'm not counting as cardio.... (take my dog on long walks)

I'll drop the pb... Leaves me at roughly 200p off days... 250 on days... Carbs are around 75 or so... Fat is kinda low... 50-75...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Ah ok I didn't know you were walking besides the cardio.

I would time how long you are walking your dog. Try to keep the pace going along at a good rate say 3.5 - 4 miles an hour approx.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ya I would say I'm going about 3.5 or so... And it's at least 3 times a week... But I'm still upping the cardio... 3 days maybe 4 of 30min 10run10walk 10 run... Should help the process... And still have the dog walking in there.