Retaining water and fat loss

ken22

ken22

Awards
Does anyone know if I am holdilg water because of too much sodium wouldnt I still lose fat? I have been cutting and have lost 20lbs @ 2 a week but for the last 3 weeks I have not lost anything weight or body fat %. Even if I am reataining water do to extra sodium should i not eventualy lose more weight do to fat burn?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone know if I am holdilg water because of too much sodium wouldnt I still lose fat? I have been cutting and have lost 20lbs @ 2 a week but for the last 3 weeks I have not lost anything weight or body fat %. Even if I am reataining water do to extra sodium should i not eventualy lose more weight do to fat burn?
Too much sodium can cause water retention, yes. However, water retention should not cause an effect on fat loss, and whilst it may mean that you do not see any weight loss, be aware that you can still be losing bodyfat with no change in scale weight.

If you're not making any changes re body mass AND body composition, then take a look at your NUTRITION and/or TRAINING to find the issue and change things up, since it sounds like you have just reached a plateau.

~Rosie~

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I am guessing you don't know if you are losing fat or not.

Instead of guessing just measure your waist at your belly button, your arms and your chest.

This will give you a quick and dirty set of info to tell you if you are losing fat or not.

Adrian09

Adrian09

Awards
I don't think so You will be able to lose fat my retaining water as regular routine,...
Water is must to lose weight ,...

Roes defen

Awards
Water is essential element of our life and it is good for weight lose.Drink water more then 12 times in a day.Water is helpful in burn the fat as well.i also drink water a lot in a day.It is a simple solution of this problem.