protein bars

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
anyone know of any decent low carb protein bars? I have been looking at Labrada's low carb bars and they seem to be good. Also what is the skinny on sugar alcohols?

cctez

Board Supporter
Awards
They are not a very good source of nutrition. Eat them as a last resort.

Some sugar alcohols have a laxative effect on some people.

If you must have them, just get the ones that you enjoy, and don't eat them all the time. Real food is much better for you.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Throw a protein shake in a blender with oats, pour it into a shaker cup and take it with you, much better alternative than the bars. Many bars also use gelatin as a protein source.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
go with the shake, the bars are expensive, worthelss, and taste horrible usually.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys. However, to clarify, i should be eating the old fashioned oats and not the instant kind, correct?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Correct on the oats. I grind a 1/2 cup in a coffee bean grinder and mix it in my PW shake.

I have some PowerBars that I eat only if there's nothing else, or if I need something quick after my workout and a shake is not in the cards. I bought a case several months ago, and still have some left, so it's rare that I eat them. I actually like the regular Powerbars, chocolate, peanut butter, and vanilla crisp all taste good, just not the best thing for you.