Chubby Struggles

AppolloCreed

Awards
Excercise has been a part of my life since grade school that I've always enjoyed. While I've seen gains in strength over the years I've never been able to make a dent in my body fat percentage. I've determined that it has to be my diet and would greatly appreciate any advice anyone could give pointing me in the right direction. I'm 5'8 and weight usually flux between 175-180.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just reevaluate your diet. Check out how much your taking in and figure it out from there. Start eating CLEAN. Ive made tremendous improvements on my diet and results can speak for themselves. Lost 20 pounds in 1 month

AppolloCreed

Awards
Can you give me any specifics on what you changed? Over the last 3 months I've had fruit for breakfast. Snacks have been tuna & fruit. Lunches have been low calorie soups/chicken/etc. My one vice has been allowing myself one cheat day. I read on a dieting website it was good practice so your body doesn't think its bring starved. Still no weight change.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well My diet is pretty bland.I ususally have Whole oats in the morning. Chicken breast with broccoli for lunch. and whole wheat pasta and sauce for dinner. Snack on cottage cheese and yogurt. Switch up chicken with cans of tuna every couple of days. Drink a crap load of water. And just dont starve yourself, because your body will hold onto the fat naturally to use when needed.

AppolloCreed

Awards
Thats helpful. My lunch has lately been my last meal of the day. Besides a post work out shake. I've heard the whole oats are better than the instant which is what I've been eating. Do you alternate anything with your lunches?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. Thats just like the basic outline. There are sooo many other foods to eat. Almost forgot. EGGS. I eat a ton of eggs Probrably 3 dozen every 2 weeks.
Google Clean foods. Or search on here . I know Ive seen lists of clean foods to eat

AppolloCreed

Awards
Thanks, I'll search for some more healthy alternatives.

AppolloCreed

Awards
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excercise has been a part of my life since grade school that I've always enjoyed. While I've seen gains in strength over the years I've never been able to make a dent in my body fat percentage. I've determined that it has to be my diet and would greatly appreciate any advice anyone could give pointing me in the right direction. I'm 5'8 and weight usually flux between 175-180.
For most people, yes, their success (or lack of it) lies predominantly in their NUTRITION - so awesome that you realize and accept this.

I recommend reviewing The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for some comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basics required), and training for effective and successful fat loss - apply those principles to yourself and see results.

Another great article to read is A Unique Combination Of Science And Experience Based Pre-Contest Advice. Or check out The Diet Solution: A Concise Diet To Lose Fat & Gain Muscle!.

If you want COMPLETE comprehensive and detailed information, the best ebook to read is Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, IMO.

~Rosie~