Double chin fix?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hello all!

So here's my problem: I was chubby when I was a teenager, then lost it all and got extremely thin, my face looked thin, but I was like 160 - 170 lbs (mind you, I'm 6'4'').

Then I gained good lean weight, went up to 240ish, at some point with around 14% BF, and was decent, although my face looked a little bit inflated.

Then I lost some good weight and gained some bad weight, stuck at 240 but around the 20% mark. I started having a pretty damn bloated face and big ass double chins when I smiled. Can't see much if I'm walking around but I look ridiculous in picutres because I had the face of a fatass.

Then (now) I have dropped to 210lbs and around 12% BF, and am pretty close to my goal weight (205 at 10%>) for the time being. Problem is, I still look to be kinda chubby in pictures, still got a double chin and all.

So here's the question: any way to get rid of it? Exercises? Topical fat remover? Anything at all that can help with this?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
We gots nuthin'?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I don't spend much time looking at logs, but I can't recall anyone applying a topical underneath their chin -- I think that would be really uncomfortable and might cause a ton of irritation for anyone who shaves regularly.

But, you could always try it. A true 12% bodyfat is much leaner than most people seem to think (this thread is a useful but not definitive reference) and I have a hard time imagining someone with a similar body fat having a double chin. I'm not saying you are misjudging your own BF%, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Other than topicals, the only other solution I'm aware of is to continue your diet until the area shrinks systemically. Different people store fat in different spots -- I have to reach 11-10% and sometimes lower before any of my chest fat goes away (WHICH ****ING SUCKS).

If all else fails, and in all seriousness, you could always let some facial hair grow in to help cover it up if it's a glaring weak point in your physique. Beards are awesome, but don't grow a disgusting neck warmer thing -- even the people who have them seem to know it's wrong on some level.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I just remember seeing an infomercial of some sorts long time ago and figured may as well ask about it.

And it is just something that has been with me for a while, I just always tend to hold this, it feels as a lot more extra skin rather than fat itself, so it is always just hanging there. Just very annoying indeed.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It can be extra skin, holding water, or skin and water.

It can also be fat though

I wouldnt use anything topical around there. Would probably be best off with something that contains Rauwolscine HCl since it targets neck area fat, as well as an AI to see if it helps get rid of the water

Maybe also try some type of carb cycling. Do you drink a lot of milk?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
It can be extra skin, holding water, or skin and water.

It can also be fat though

I wouldnt use anything topical around there. Would probably be best off with something that contains Rauwolscine HCl since it targets neck area fat, as well as an AI to see if it helps get rid of the water

Maybe also try some type of carb cycling. Do you drink a lot of milk?
Well, I'm currently Keto, so pretty carb free right about now.

What would contain some of the Rawolscine and what not?

Any exercises that could help tighten the area?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm currently Keto, so pretty carb free right about now.

What would contain some of the Rawolscine and what not?

Any exercises that could help tighten the area?
Alpha-T2 contains Rauwolscine HCl and Erase is an AI

I dont think any exercises in specific can target that area...but I would give the Erase and AT2 a shot while on a keto diet and exercise.

Also, try to avoid dairy products if you havent already...they always make my face bloated

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
We gots nuthin'?
You want to get to 10% you said.

When you are 10% post pics I will bet dollars to donuts you no longer have the double chin.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
You want to get to 10% you said.

When you are 10% post pics I will bet dollars to donuts you no longer have the double chin.
I just had my BF checked today with a 5skinfold caliper test. My highest number on the caliper was a 15 (abs, where I hold most of my fat). Average was around 12. The end result BF% was at 12.28%.

And sorry, but I see plenty of dudes at 19% with less double chin than myself, it is just very annoying. I could understand having them when I was at 19, yeah, sure, my own damn fault for being a fatass. But I really wouldn't expect for them to linger when I'm at 12.

You see a picture of me smiling and just my face you would think I belong to a 245lb body. Doesn't match at all with the rest of the physique, so it's kinda annoying to see myself in pictures with a lame double chin even after dropping 20lbs, hence seeing if there is a fix. And hell, if I have to be under 10% in order to not have a double chin, well, that's pretty damn ludicrous and I should sue my mom and dad for the genetics they gave me! :lol:

Alpha-T2 contains Rauwolscine HCl and Erase is an AI

I dont think any exercises in specific can target that area...but I would give the Erase and AT2 a shot while on a keto diet and exercise.

Also, try to avoid dairy products if you havent already...they always make my face bloated
I've been thinking about using Alpha-T2 but am awaitin on another fat loss product I'm logging so can't really go that route, but will keep that in mind for next month when I'm done with the log.

I have been keto (so no dairy) and I do cardio at least 3x a week, 40mins. I also swim about 2 - 3 times, 20 minutes and spend a fair amount of time at the sauna after workouts to get rid of some excess water. Just really annoying and considering even a dermatologist for this BS.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem man. I've heard you can do some exercises that will tighten everything up. But I think those are probably for older people. I think I remember the infomercial you're talking about. The one where you stick the thing under your chin and push your chin down til it clicks or something. Been a while since I seen that. Haha.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Haha just looked it up. Neckline Slimmer is what the apparatus is called.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Haha just looked it up. Neckline Slimmer is what the apparatus is called.
LOL yep, that's the one I saw...

I guess if it's out of the market while on a infomercial it must severely suck balls.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
LOL yep, that's the one I saw...

I guess if it's out of the market while on a infomercial it must severely suck balls.
haha whatever dude! I just bought one! Seriously. Haha. They're like $14 on that website with the name that's like a humid rainforesty area. I think the fruit loops guy came from there. You know the one ;-) anyways, I kinda got the same issue. No jaw line anymore. It's $14. Might as well give it a shot. Haha. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pretty sure it sucks though!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
haha whatever dude! I just bought one! Seriously. Haha. They're like $14 on that website with the name that's like a humid rainforesty area. I think the fruit loops guy came from there. You know the one ;-) anyways, I kinda got the same issue. No jaw line anymore. It's $14. Might as well give it a shot. Haha. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pretty sure it sucks though!
****, for $14 I will buy any infomercial, ship me a shamwow while at it. Gonna go look at it after I'm done with work lol

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yep, sure did just order from the jungle...

Let's see how this goes... Also on a severe cut right now so I will be attacking from all different angles! Hopefully being under 11% and working my neck will get rid of this obnoxious double chin.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Yep, sure did just order from the jungle...

Let's see how this goes... Also on a severe cut right now so I will be attacking from all different angles! Hopefully being under 11% and working my neck will get rid of this obnoxious double chin.
Hopefully dude. I think like 4 min a day or something it said. Two in the morning and two at night. Hopefully a couple months and we'll be sitting pretty in jawline city! Haha.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Grow a beard dude. That's basically the ONLY defense against a double chin.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
The beard DOES work. Right after I got out of the military I grew one for like 6 months. It's part of what kept me from seeing how fat I was getting from all the drinking I was doing during my terminal leave. I shaved it off after six months and was like "wtf?!?" hahaha

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established

davesfx

Awards
Here is always a good way to look at it.

Accept it like you have all your other man parts :)

Confidence is what drives others around you!!

Besides, once you accept it...it probably wont be that bad! Chubby cheeks, double chin, dimples and every where else a little fat might be stored!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Here is always a good way to look at it.

Accept it like you have all your other man parts :)

Confidence is what drives others around you!!

Besides, once you accept it...it probably wont be that bad! Chubby cheeks, double chin, dimples and every where else a little fat might be stored!
I mean, not to be a d!ck here, but not quite what I was looking at, you know?

If this was sometihng I couldn't change, sure, perhaps I would accept it. But it's not like I've always had double chin, but it has been annoying me as of late.

It would be almost as if I were saying "I'll accept I'm overweight just as I accept being 6'4''" To me just doesn't make too much sense. It's not like it's something as far as wanting to change for others, I don't seem to have a problem with ladies or whatnot regardless, I just don't appreciate it myself.

I hate my hairy back as well, so what do I do? I go and get it waxed. I also plan on getting laser removal. I could accept it but I don't enjoy it. If I were to accept genetics telling me what to do my average weight and BF would be around the 20% as I gain weight EXTREMELY easily.

So why not put in an effort to hopefully improve this area in which I am not fully happy about ya know?

davesfx

Awards
Dude, I apologize. I wasn't meaning to be a penis or be harsh.

I have the double chin.. I rock the goatee.. It helps.

sometimes, it is what it is and our body has control over where it stores fat. You seem to be pretty lean and have good work/diet ethics. If its not going anywhere, chances are your body may hold onto it. That being said, sometimes its easier to accept it. I am always down for hard work and I wish you the best in your endeavors. My last comment may have been something I should have kept to my self, but I like to be a motivator...or at least in this case.. "looking at the bright side".

Good Day, if you figure it out or if that contraption works.. Please let me know!!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Sorry man, reading over my response it does seem like I had a doucher tone to it.

I received my "As seen on TV" thing today :lol: Will give it a shot and see how it works. But I agree, if it can't be changed I would get used to it, def. But I'm not willing to go down without a fight ;)

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Bump.

Got it yesterday, have been using it and I sure seem to feel on the right spots after the exercising with the thing. We will see if it indeed wields results but it seems like it does, my neck is kinda "sore" from the workout I did yesterday and so is my jaw.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw, i see most bodybuilders have double chins unless blessed with a ridiculous chin (rare) or they are super low bodyfat (8-11% or lower). Even 11% is pushing it.

At 15% bodyfat and 150 lbs., you'll store 22.5 pounds of fat on your body.
At 15% bodyfat and 250 lbs., you'll store 37.5 pounds of fat on your body.

So although it won't be noticeable on places where you gain a ton of muscle, ie, triceps, chest, pretty much everywhere... on the face it'll be noticeable because very little muscle is gained. But the body is still storing it there!!! Stupid body.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
btw, i see most bodybuilders have double chins unless blessed with a ridiculous chin (rare) or they are super low bodyfat (8-11% or lower). Even 11% is pushing it.

At 15% bodyfat and 150 lbs., you'll store 22.5 pounds of fat on your body.
At 15% bodyfat and 250 lbs., you'll store 37.5 pounds of fat on your body.

So although it won't be noticeable on places where you gain a ton of muscle, ie, triceps, chest, pretty much everywhere... on the face it'll be noticeable because very little muscle is gained. But the body is still storing it there!!! Stupid body.
Yep, guess that's why I have to get my swell on my neck! :lol: Get pumped jaw line!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not gonna like this, but double chins are the kind of thing that are genetic. Dropping body fat just may not do it. If you get low on BF and no luck you may need to consider cosmetic surgery.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Not gonna like this, but double chins are the kind of thing that are genetic. Dropping body fat just may not do it. If you get low on BF and no luck you may need to consider cosmetic surgery.
Although I believe they have some genetic correlation, I used to not have them back in the day, so there's gotta be something there.

Will continue these annoying jaw exercises and see where that takes me. Only time will tell. Not sure if I would consider cosmetic surgery for something like this though.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Although I believe they have some genetic correlation, I used to not have them back in the day, so there's gotta be something there.

Will continue these annoying jaw exercises and see where that takes me. Only time will tell. Not sure if I would consider cosmetic surgery for something like this though.
I understand your thoughts but just because you used to nit have it doesn't mean a whole lot. People used to not have alchoholism, but that doesn't mean they were not generically predisposed. And of course surgery and all that is up to the person to decide if it's worth it. My mother had a double chin and had surgery, came out looking great and seemed to be a fairly easy process in the end for her.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
An update:

I have been using that product for a couple of weeks now and have noticed improvement. Nothing drastic, but improvement.

I also notice that my throat gets "sore", not as in a sore throat but more as of a tightness around my neck. It is kinda annoying and uncomfortable but what muscle soreness isn't? I'm gonna assume that it happens because it is working.

I can def feel the area tighter to the touch, almost like when your abs are just popping out after a good ab workout, just on my neck area.

Will continue posting updates.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 0
Supplements 5
Supplements 5
Supplements 11
Bulking 5