weight loss stack, what do you think?

flw

flw

Awards
weight loss stack, what do you think?/mini log.

I've been in a major slump, I can't loose a damn lb! I've not done a full blown diet but in the past I could always start a cut by just being more diligent with what I eat, sense I hit 30 no more! I'm 6ft tall, currently 225lbs, 38 inch waist, 16 inch arms (flexed), 16.5 inch neck, 44 inch chest, 25 inch thighs
I was thinking about going the ECA (ephedrine, caffene, asprin) route, cheap, easy etc.
I currently take Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil, Costco vitamin C, Costco Multi/Mineral, Trader Joes MSM Glu Con.

I'm also looking at some other stuff. for starters some NOW Methyl B-12 lozenges for descent energy.

Also looking at:
NOW NADH
BCAA's
AST R-ALA's
Olympian Labs DHEA
SciFit ZMA
Ultimate Nutrition Carb Bloc
CoQ10

Stack:
Prime Force Lean Green Tea Extract
PrimaForce Yohimbine HCl
Caffeine
PrimaForce ALCAR
SciVation Sesamin

I'm not necessarily planning on taking all these, they are just items that I've been reading about. if anyone has anything to add or subtract please do tell.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran a really similar stack to that in the past (don't forget to list out the ephedrine, too ;) ). What you've got there looks fine. As far as the other stuff you're looking at, most of it is all good stuff (only thing I'm not really sure about is the "carb bloc" - what is that?), but I don't think it's essential or necessary. So if money is an issue, I wouldn't worry too much about that stuff.

Have you had any blood work done recently? The reason I ask is because I've found myself in a position of not being able to lose any weight at all, either, and I found out the reason was that I have hypothyroidism. So, if you haven't been checked you, you may want to, because nothing sucks more than doing everything right and not getting any results out of it.

Reactions: flw
flw

flw

Awards
thanks for the input. honestly I'm not sure what the carb block is, I came across it on the bb store and thought someone here might have some input or maybe tell me to stay away from it.
I've not had blood labs done in several years so I'll look into that. I'll have to see if there his a health fair going on, they do blood labs for super cheap on the governments dollar.

when you say you did a similar stack what exactly did you take, was it an ephedrine based stack or are you referring to the other items I listed?

I ran a really similar stack to that in the past (don't forget to list out the ephedrine, too ;) ). What you've got there looks fine. As far as the other stuff you're looking at, most of it is all good stuff (only thing I'm not really sure about is the "carb bloc" - what is that?), but I don't think it's essential or necessary. So if money is an issue, I wouldn't worry too much about that stuff.

Have you had any blood work done recently? The reason I ask is because I've found myself in a position of not being able to lose any weight at all, either, and I found out the reason was that I have hypothyroidism. So, if you haven't been checked you, you may want to, because nothing sucks more than doing everything right and not getting any results out of it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the input. honestly I'm not sure what the carb block is, I came across it on the bb store and thought someone here might have some input or maybe tell me to stay away from it.
I've not had blood labs done in several years so I'll look into that. I'll have to see if there his a health fair going on, they do blood labs for super cheap on the governments dollar.

when you say you did a similar stack what exactly did you take, was it an ephedrine based stack or are you referring to the other items I listed?
I ran a really similar stack in total to what you'd listed out. It looked something like this:

6:00 AM - 25mg Ephedrine / 200mg Caffeine / ~500mg EGCg
10:00 AM - 25mg Ephedrine / 200mg Caffeine / ~500mg EGCg
2:00 PM - 25mg Ephedrine / 200mg Caffeine

The first time I ran it, I would sweat buckets and it was just nuts. I tried it again after and it didn't have near the same effect on me.

As far as the carb bloc is concerned, I think I heard my mom mention something about that name when she said her niece was selling stuff through some company. To be honest, I don't know what exactly it is, but if you're looking for another good product, I'd recommend Need2Slin - it shuttles nutrients to your muscles, rather than fat cells. So, whether you're trying to just lose weight, or add muscle without gaining much fat, it's a solid product. I love the stuff.

And definitely look into the blood work for baseline levels, man. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner than I did.

flw

flw

Awards
I just looked into it, there is a health fair later this month that I can get labs done for cheap. I'ts been a while sense I researched an ECA stack but I know most of the time Ephedrine comes with other ingredients in it, was the stuff you took alone or with other cough or cold medication in it? I do vaguely recall my sister in law having a straight ephedrine pill.....

NeedtoSlin is a little spendy, you thought it was worth the cost?

I ran a really similar stack in total to what you'd listed out. It looked something like this:

The first time I ran it, I would sweat buckets and it was just nuts. I tried it again after and it didn't have near the same effect on me.

As far as the carb bloc is concerned, I think I heard my mom mention something about that name when she said her niece was selling stuff through some company. To be honest, I don't know what exactly it is, but if you're looking for another good product, I'd recommend Need2Slin - it shuttles nutrients to your muscles, rather than fat cells. So, whether you're trying to just lose weight, or add muscle without gaining much fat, it's a solid product. I love the stuff.

And definitely look into the blood work for baseline levels, man. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner than I did.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just looked into it, there is a health fair later this month that I can get labs done for cheap. I'ts been a while sense I researched an ECA stack but I know most of the time Ephedrine comes with other ingredients in it, was the stuff you took alone or with other cough or cold medication in it? I do vaguely recall my sister in law having a straight ephedrine pill.....

NeedtoSlin is a little spendy, you thought it was worth the cost?
Glad to hear about the fair!

I have used Bronkaid and then the Walgreens version that had ephedrine hcl instead of the sulfate - I've noticed no difference between the two, so just get what's cheapest. It's not pure ephedrine, and that fact has actually helped with my breathing while on it, too.

Need2Slin is a little more expensive, but totally worth it. There is a sale going on right now that you can read up on here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/173358-another-huge-ntbm.html

And this was a thread I thought was really cool to read about on it, too:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/168217-need-2-slin.html

flw

flw

Awards
Ok, so this is what I'm thinking.
Orange OxiMegas
Multi Vitamin/Mineral
NOW Methyl B-12 lozenges
BCAA's (spendy)
NP NA-RALA (damn expensive)
PrimaForce ZMA (spendy)
NOW Biotin
NP CLA Supreme caps

BB Info Section listed this stack as a potent one:
NOW EGCG (Green Tea Extract)
PrimaForce Yohimbine HCl
Caffeine
NP Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
SciVation Sesamin (slightly spendy)

Need-2-Slin (damn expensive)
ECA stack

From the research I've done most of these items should compliment each other but I cant help but think I'm over doing it, many times less is more. I often have a tendency to over do this kind of stuff :) all this stuff would be approx $220, I started out just planning on picking up some b-12:aargh:

flw

flw

Awards
I've been doing some more reading, it seems that maybe I should not take the aspirin in the eca stack, the Yohimbine, and the green tea, anyone have any input on this?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could look at using just the Need2Slin instead of the NARALA, if you're looking to cut down on spending. Just one thing to consider. Most people I've talked to don't use the aspirin anymore in the E/C stack. If you want something, you could do white willow bark, but I just went with E/C/EGCg.

Everything you listed out can certainly be beneficial, but you're right, not everything is absolutely necessary to be effective here.

flw

flw

Awards
Isn't the NA-RALA for mental clarity/memory as well as physical benefits? I'd like something for memory and general feeling of well being. I can't make any cuts to my list :) lol. its actually getting longer.

You could look at using just the Need2Slin instead of the NARALA, if you're looking to cut down on spending. Just one thing to consider. Most people I've talked to don't use the aspirin anymore in the E/C stack. If you want something, you could do white willow bark, but I just went with E/C/EGCg.

Everything you listed out can certainly be beneficial, but you're right, not everything is absolutely necessary to be effective here.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't make any cuts to my list :) lol. its actually getting longer.
lol :lol: This is usually how things go when I plan, as well.

As far as the NARALA - I honestly haven't researched it much; I just always saw it used to aid in digestion / nutrient repartitioning.

flw

flw

Awards
Midwestbeast, thanks for all your input. I pulled the trigger on some stuff. I decided to order half now, see what I think then reorder or make my own stack when I'm done with this stuff.
I'd never know what does what if I took it all at once. :)

1x BCAA Powder (500 Grams) By: PrimaForce

*1x Need 2 Slin (120 Capsules) By: Need To Build Muscle

*1x EGCG (Green Tea Extract) (90 caps) By: NOW Foods

*1x Caffeine (120 tabs) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

*1x B-6 100 mg (100 caps) By: NOW Foods

2x NOW Methyl B-12, 1000mcg/100 Lozenges**

1x PrimaForce Yohimbine HCl, 90 Capsules**

1x Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil

1x bronchial (cvs ephedrine hci, usp)

flw

flw

Awards
I've been taking my EC stack for two and a half days now.
First day I only took 12.5 mg ephedrine and 200mg caffeine. Yesterday and tOday I'm taking 25 mg ephedrine and 200 mg caffeine in the AM and about 6 hours later. Heart rate is a little elevated not much though. At the gym I got a little more winded than usual, more sweat, feel hot quite often even though weather is mild. BP is normal, 125 over 72. I should do this stack during the winter, I hate being cold! :)
I should have my need-2-slin in a couple days.
I'm starting this stack @ 224 lbs.
Day 3: 217 lbs (fluke weight, we'll see tomorrow)

flw

flw

Awards
Still waiting on deliveries. I'm quite dissapointed in both nutraplanet and bodybuildings shipping. It used to be that I'd get items from bb in one day, they shipped the same day as the order and fedex got it to Reno the next. Nutraplanet took 3 days to ship. It looks like I might get the bb stuff Friday but the rest will most likely be Monday, I ordered everything Sunday so 5 to 8 days to get everything :(

Anyway, I weighed 218.5 yesterday, day 5. Diet was lousy yesterday, we'll see what I weigh today. EC is already not as noticeable, how high do people go with the ephedrine? I'll be receiving yohimbe and green tea extract so I'll be adding atlases one of those possibly, I also need to see how the need-to-slin makes me feel. I've been slightly behind on my h2o intake, I need to drink more today. Does anyone else notice how much more tiring a workout is when low on fluids?? My heat rate stays lower yet I'm extra winded, damn thicker blood. I did manage to get descent workouts in though, lightish weight but I can barely walk today from legs yesterday and my Tris are still nice and sore from the day before. I'm trying to focus on holding where the exercise burns most and perfect form sense I'm not moving any record weight.
I've been working out one body part/day, anyone have ant input, should I change things up for my need-2-slin cycle?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhhh, I miss losing my E/C stack virginity. That was exactly how I felt the first time - it was great. I never go about 200/25 (3x/day). If you want to help with not getting as used to it, you could go 6 days on, 1 day off, even and that may help (I ran mine straight through).

Sucks about the shipping man. I know that can really put a damper on your cycle.

Definitely get your diet back in check, man. This will do some work even without, but you definitely won't see the maximum results that you could with good nutrition. Get water intake up. I drink 1.5-2 gallons/day all the time. I'd shoot for that amount. I also always make sure I drink at least a liter of water within half an hour of going to the gym to make sure I'm hydrated at the start of the workout (and drink my BCAA mixture in 1/2 a gallon of water throughout the workout).

You shouldn't need to shift anything around for using Need2Slin. I only take it in front of carb-heavy meals of at least 40g or more (but that's just my preference - makes it last longer). Play around with the timing/doses to see what feels best to you (e.g. 1 or 2 caps either 20 or 15 minutes before eating that meal).

And your workout sounds fine. Lay it out like this:

Mon-group lifted / any cardio
Tues - etc.

if you want any input on it. There's not necessarily one style that works better over another when cutting.

flw

flw

Awards
Weight today 219:
Horrible energy and workout today. Not sure why, got good sleep last night.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure not to get too caught up on your weight, man. I did the same thing the first time I ran E/C, but just make sure to let the mirror be your ultimate judge. Also make sure (if you're not already doing this) to weigh in at the same time of day. I prefer first thing in the morning before food/water play a role. The trainer at my gym weighs his clients after they work out (which I completely disagree with, but that's just me). Water weight and other things can play a role, so just don't stress over the scale.

Good luck, bro.

flw

flw

Awards
MidwestBeasf, thanks again for your input. I've gotten my h2o up, I'm not exactly sure, I'd say a gallon plus, I just go by urine clearness refilling my 32 oz bottle quite often. Diet has been descent, Easter was a little poore but not horrible, I visited family and the biggest problem was all they had were carbs!! Grrrr, I should have brought a tub of protein. I've been taking need-2-slin for going on 4 days now, 2 before breakfast, 2 before dinner, I might switch it up to 1with each carb meal. Those suckers burn your throat if you don't get them washed down properly!!
I'm trying to not rely on the scale too much. My upper body is looking fuller but I really don't feel like I'm shedding any body fat to speak of. Weight has been steady at 220 all week. I've been trying to stick to two or 2.5 doses of ec but the last couple days I crash quick. Today took 25/200/green tea at 7:30 am and by 10:30 I was low on energy after a small meal, water did help and I'm having a cup of coffee as we speak. I was reading the 25x3 of ephedrine can be a lot and potentially toxic so I've tried to avoid more than 62.5 total per day but I'm not feeling the heat or strong desire to be productive at all any more. :(
Slim extreme was soo much better but I can't bring my self to take it again after the mystery ingredients were discovered.

Calories have been consistently at 2200 to 2400, protein 200+grams, carbs 200 grams, fat 60-90 grams, most fat is from meat, lean cheeses and some olive oil. I'm wondering if I should up my calories a bit, net calories after exercise and yard work are usually around 1500. Also, I almost completely off white flower and processed sugar, once in a while I have a granola bar slathered with natural chunky peanut butter and I drink milk, eat apples etc, which I'm not sure about, at the end of the day sugar grams can sneak up pretty high.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you got your water intake up, bud. I'm the same way about checking it - if I don't look like a human brita-filter, I drink more ;) And yeah, I did that with Need2Slin one of the very first times I dosed it, too lol - not horrible, but definitely not a fun experience.

Where are you taking your carbs in during the day? I would think maybe switching up amounts here and there could help, too (carb-cycling).

According to a standard BMR calculation, you should be eating quite a bit more as far as calories are concerned. You may want to seek some advice from others, though, because since I'm hypothyroid, I don't have any decent life-experience with this (I eat ~1,800 calories and can gain weight lol).

One thing I'll say is definitely don't stress about it, because that's just unnecessary cortisol :yup:. You sound like you're committed and I've got faith in you to do this.

flw

flw

Awards
Thanks for the words of encouragement, my calories for mantainance are around 2800 I believe so that's why I'm trying to stay around 2400, 400 below mantainance.
I would love some more input though.
I spread my carbs pretty evenly, sometimes I know I eat too many carbs and calories at night.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the words of encouragement, my calories for mantainance are around 2800 I believe so that's why I'm trying to stay around 2400, 400 below mantainance.
I would love some more input though.
I spread my carbs pretty evenly, sometimes I know I eat too many carbs and calories at night.
I always enjoy shaking things up from day to day nutritionally. I'd shuffle between 200g carbs on heavy days, or days I really want to make a lacking muscle group grow (for me it's legs and arms), then do 125g or so on my other lifting days (3 days) and 0-50g on my off or cardio only days.

Try to keep the bulk of them around your workout (pre and post), but if you work out in the evening, like me, front-load them in your day a bit, too (e.g. breakfast, maybe lunch, especially pre-workout, and also post, but not tons post).

Gerret

Awards
Thats really a wonderful thread on weight loss stacks..
I would like to appreciate every one who have participated in this thread..

flw

flw

Awards
I'm still holding at 220. Took the weekend off from EC, ate carbs but not at night except for Sunday night before the gym.
Staying low on carbs today. Workout was g

flw

flw

Awards
I'm still holding at 220. Took the weekend off from EC, ate carbs but not at night except for Sunday night before the gym.
Staying low on carbs today. Workout was good today.
This morning I looked leaner but this afternoon I'm back to normal :( lol.
I'm going to keep messing with my carbs and see if I can't loose some weight!!
I took 12.5 e, 200 caffeine, 400 egcg, and 10 yohimbe hcl at 7am, 11am and I'll dose everything again at 3 or 4.

flw

flw

Awards
10mg of yohimbe hcl was fine once or twice but now I'm back to 5 mg with 12.5 mg.
Yohimbe hcl is awesome, energy all with no crash even with the caffeine and ephedrine once a day at smaller doses sometimes once a day.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep going strong, buddy.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been in a major slump, I can't loose a damn lb! I've not done a full blown diet but in the past I could always start a cut by just being more diligent with what I eat, sense I hit 30 no more! I'm 6ft tall, currently 225lbs, 38 inch waist, 16 inch arms (flexed), 16.5 inch neck, 44 inch chest, 25 inch thighs
I was thinking about going the ECA (ephedrine, caffene, asprin) route, cheap, easy etc.
I currently take Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil, Costco vitamin C, Costco Multi/Mineral, Trader Joes MSM Glu Con.

I'm also looking at some other stuff. for starters some NOW Methyl B-12 lozenges for descent energy.

Also looking at:
NOW NADH
BCAA's
AST R-ALA's
Olympian Labs DHEA
SciFit ZMA
Ultimate Nutrition Carb Bloc
CoQ10

Stack:
Prime Force Lean Green Tea Extract
PrimaForce Yohimbine HCl
Caffeine
PrimaForce ALCAR
SciVation Sesamin

I'm not necessarily planning on taking all these, they are just items that I've been reading about. if anyone has anything to add or subtract please do tell.

Yohimbine works BETTER without carbs ;)

flw

flw

Awards
Yea, I know it's better on a no carb diet, I'm just taking it when I'm not going to have any carbs for atleast 3 to 5 hours.
Thanks for contributing that info! :fing02:
Yohimbine works BETTER without carbs ;)

flw

flw

Awards
I joined a workout group, first time with them tonight, had a fantastic workout.
Weight was 218 but that was @ 8:30pm, I usually weigh my self at 12 or 1 in the afternoon.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Why no aspirin in your EC stack? Aspirin is really important in the stack IMO. EC wreaks havoc on your heart and blood pressure. In fact, the FDA originally approved its sale for use in medications designed to treat low blood pressure. Guess what happens if you're taking high doses of E and you don't have low blood pressure! BAM - bad things man, bad things! "Low Dose" or "Children's" 81 mg aspirins are like $2.50/bottle. All the EC fat burning stacks got banned because nobody took the aspirin with it and folks died. You spent all this other money, and left out the only thing thats gonna keep you safe. There are a few really good threads on here about ECA and the importance of aspirin in the stack. I bet if you get your BP checked, its off the chart. You already said your having heart/chest irregularities.

Also, the E is the main fat burner in the compound. Three doses/day at 25mg is optimum. Anything less isn't as effective. If you're still looking at Green Tea, you can get it standardized at Walmart (same stuff as the $$$ supps they sell online) for like $3.00 Lots of folks get it there.

As for the Ephedra(ine) being HCL or Sulfate.. I posted links to academic journals in another post where the two were evaluated in terms of body breakdown and absorption. It turns out that theres less that one-tenth of one percent (something like .001%) difference in the absorption. They are essentially identical in terms of what you get out of them, so, if you cant find Bronkaid (the best option IMO), then just go with walgreens brand or Primatene (not mist)

flw

flw

Awards
Thanks for the information. Everything I came across said the aspirin was hard on the stomach and the negatives outweighed the positives. I've actually been off the stack for a couple days, last week I took 12.5 mg doses with yohimbe in the am before carbs and then just the EC & green tea later, I checked my bp a couple days into the stack when I first started and it was fine, I should have checked it last week or so but neglected to. I was not getting any symptoms of high bp either like head aches etc. The only heart iregularitaries were feeling fatigued when dehydrated and weight lifting I don't know if that's common or not but as long as I stay hydrated I feel fine. I would like some input on anyone elses heart rate staying lower when not consuming enough water. I've never watched my hr when dehydrated till now but I do know that as long as I can remember when my food or water intake was off I felt like sh&t in the gym.
I do appreciate your input and will definitely keep a close eye on my bp when I start back on EC as well as atleast take a baby asprin (which I do have) every other day or so.
Why no aspirin in your EC stack? Aspirin is really important in the stack IMO. EC wreaks havoc on your heart and blood pressure. In fact, the FDA originally approved its sale for use in medications designed to treat low blood pressure. Guess what happens if you're taking high doses of E and you don't have low blood pressure! BAM - bad things man, bad things! "Low Dose" or "Children's" 81 mg aspirins are like $2.50/bottle. All the EC fat burning stacks got banned because nobody took the aspirin with it and folks died. You spent all this other money, and left out the only thing thats gonna keep you safe. There are a few really good threads on here about ECA and the importance of aspirin in the stack. I bet if you get your BP checked, its off the chart. You already said your having heart/chest irregularities.

Also, the E is the main fat burner in the compound. Three doses/day at 25mg is optimum. Anything less isn't as effective. If you're still looking at Green Tea, you can get it standardized at Walmart (same stuff as the $$$ supps they sell online) for like $3.00 Lots of folks get it there.

As for the Ephedra(ine) being HCL or Sulfate.. I posted links to academic journals in another post where the two were evaluated in terms of body breakdown and absorption. It turns out that theres less that one-tenth of one percent (something like .001%) difference in the absorption. They are essentially identical in terms of what you get out of them, so, if you cant find Bronkaid (the best option IMO), then just go with walgreens brand or Primatene (not mist)

flw

flw

Awards
Just checked my bp and although it's irrelevant being that I'm not taking any ephedrine just yohimbe 5mg, caffeine 200mg and green tea 400mg it was 135 over 72, hr 48. Second time 130 over 79 hr 46, thirt 132 over 66 hr 48, forth 133 over 67 hr 47, fifth 126 over 74 hr 48.
Heart rate is a little low IMO considering I had yohimbe and caffeine but I took them almost 5 hours ago. I've also been sitting and relaxing for an extended period of time this AM. The lowest I've ever measured my hr was 37 upon waking and not moving except to put on bp cuff. It's commonly in the mid to low 40's stim free and completely relaxed.

Dr T

Awards
Hows your weight going? I never ound making small changes like 400kcal a day made any difference. For the past few months i've been on about 1000kcal a day with minimal/no carbs for the past few months. I,ve taken lots of caffine and green tea extract and havegone from 99kg at 25% bodyfat to 83kg at 18%. If your not seeing changes i'd suggest dropping the calories, any supplements are really just the icing on the cake as they only make a small difference by the sounds of most peoples experiencs.

SavageWun

Awards

As far as the carb bloc is concerned, I think I heard my mom mention something about that name when she said her niece was selling stuff through some company.[COLOR*********] To be honest, I don't know what exactly it is, but if you're looking for another good product, I'd recommend Need2Slin[/COLOR] - it shuttles nutrients to your muscles, rather than fat cells. So, whether you're trying to just lose weight, or add muscle without gaining much fat, it's a solid product. I love the stuff.

Sounds interesting - so it enhances better nutrient partitioning? What's in this product?

flw

flw

Awards
Weight is coming off slow but steady, I've been weighing my self later in the day lately so it's hard to get an accurate weight compared to when I started. I'm down atleast 6 or 8 lbs.
Yesterday I got a caliper body fat test done, actually average of 3 tests. Bodyfat was 15%, I think it might be a little higher being that I hold extra weight in my waist and the test didn't pinch belly fat.

Are you saying that you only eat 1000 calories a day? If so I don't think your going to get the results you want. That's far too few calories, you're starving your body and loosing mostly muscle. If you're 5'11", 220lbs and 18% bodyfat I'd say you should be taking in 2000 or so calories, 150+ grams of protein, ample greens and only good carbs.
Hows your weight going? I never ound making small changes like 400kcal a day made any difference. For the past few months i've been on about 1000kcal a day with minimal/no carbs for the past few months. I,ve taken lots of caffine and green tea extract and havegone from 99kg at 25% bodyfat to 83kg at 18%. If your not seeing changes i'd suggest dropping the calories, any supplements are really just the icing on the cake as they only make a small difference by the sounds of most peoples experiencs.

Dr T

Awards
Weight is coming off slow but steady, I've been weighing my self later in the day lately so it's hard to get an accurate weight compared to when I started. I'm down atleast 6 or 8 lbs.
Yesterday I got a caliper body fat test done, actually average of 3 tests. Bodyfat was 15%, I think it might be a little higher being that I hold extra weight in my waist and the test didn't pinch belly fat.

Are you saying that you only eat 1000 calories a day? If so I don't think your going to get the results you want. That's far too few calories, you're starving your body and loosing mostly muscle. If you're 5'11", 220lbs and 18% bodyfat I'd say you should be taking in 2000 or so calories, 150+ grams of protein, ample greens and only good carbs.
Yeah i was only eating 1000kcal a day (maximum), i was basically eating chicken and fruit for lunch and chicken and salad for dinner, somedays i only ate lunch, i haven't exercised at all as i was scared i'd break down muscle that wouldn't repair due to lack of caloires and protein. i never found small changes in calories made any difference. doing it this way was just to see if it worked (which it has). I'll starting to eat a little more now but have ordered a months worth of MAN vaporize/scorch stack to hopefully help me get down to 15% body fat (now i know my diet works i'm happy to spend on pricey supplements). weighed myself this morning and i'm down to 82kg and 17.5% BF. According to my scales my lean mass loss has been 4kg whereas fat is 10.3kg (in three months). I fully expect to put the muscle back on quickly but even if i don't, i'm happy with the fat loss as i'll be careful from now on not to kid myself that i'm not getting fat while bulking. once the scorch/vaporize stack arrives on monday i'll start the final phase of my diet for 30 days then the i'm back on the shakes and square meals and training properly.

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
Awsome thread guys, i was getting a little discouraged on the ECA stack so far after reaching my 10th day on it so far and not really seeing any results so far, but after reading your results it looks like the ECA stack requires some time to kick in and start seeing some change. Everybody is different but would it be safe to assume that one should start seeing some results around 20 days into the cycle?

Weight -209
Height - 5'10
Calorie intake - 1800-2000 daily
Weight Training 1 hour 5-6 times a week
Cardio Training 1 hour 3 Times a week

Supps -
Super Pro Protein
Sci-Fit Kre-alkalyn
EC Stack (Bronkaid + Vivarin) 25mg/200mg x3

flw

flw

Awards
Well it kind of gotten away from EC, I've not been taking it for a week or so. I've just been taking my other basic support sips and need 2 slin along with slowly improving my diet and trying to burn more calories. I'll probably try the EC stack again after I'm done with the need 2 slin.
Awsome thread guys, i was getting a little discouraged on the ECA stack so far after reaching my 10th day on it so far and not really seeing any results so far, but after reading your results it looks like the ECA stack requires some time to kick in and start seeing some change. Everybody is different but would it be safe to assume that one should start seeing some results around 20 days into the cycle?

Weight -209
Height - 5'10
Calorie intake - 1800-2000 daily
Weight Training 1 hour 5-6 times a week
Cardio Training 1 hour 3 Times a week

Supps -
Super Pro Protein
Sci-Fit Kre-alkalyn
EC Stack (Bronkaid + Vivarin) 25mg/200mg x3

flw

flw

Awards
Well I hope It works out, muscle memory does help when putting muscle back on but everything I've ever heard or seen tells me you'll be disappointed with the end result. I was pretty desperate to loose weight, sick and tired of having those extra lbs. I've finally got my act back in gear and people around me are commenting on the weight melting off. It all just boils down to a clean diet, adequate protein and nutrition and a good exercise routine, IMO of course.
Maybe start a thread of your own and get advice from people with MUCM more knowledge and experience than my self, be warned though, saying you only eat 1000 calories on a bodybuilding forum will get you picked on and roughed up verbally a bit. :)
Yeah i was only eating 1000kcal a day (maximum), i was basically eating chicken and fruit for lunch and chicken and salad for dinner, somedays i only ate lunch, i haven't exercised at all as i was scared i'd break down muscle that wouldn't repair due to lack of caloires and protein. i never found small changes in calories made any difference. doing it this way was just to see if it worked (which it has). I'll starting to eat a little more now but have ordered a months worth of MAN vaporize/scorch stack to hopefully help me get down to 15% body fat (now i know my diet works i'm happy to spend on pricey supplements). weighed myself this morning and i'm down to 82kg and 17.5% BF. According to my scales my lean mass loss has been 4kg whereas fat is 10.3kg (in three months). I fully expect to put the muscle back on quickly but even if i don't, i'm happy with the fat loss as i'll be careful from now on not to kid myself that i'm not getting fat while bulking. once the scorch/vaporize stack arrives on monday i'll start the final phase of my diet for 30 days then the i'm back on the shakes and square meals and training properly.

flw

flw

Awards
Btw, I'm shooting for 9 meals a day right now, approx 20 to 25 grams lean protein per meal (chicken, fish, lean beef, turkey etc), veggies or fruit ( broccoli, lettuce, apple, strawberries etc, sweet potato, some occasional whole wheat pasta with a little parmesan, almonds, occasional potato with skins and a little light mozzarella melted on it, a couple protein shakes, steel cut oats at breakfast.....I'm shooting for 200 to 250 calories per meal. I started at about 2400 calories, slowly lowered carbs from 200plus to 150 ish, then cleaned things up a little more and finally landed where I'm at, hopefully I can stay motivated and keep it up for a while.
Today I was at about 225 protein, 150 carbs, 60 fat, just under 2000 calories. I don't know that this diet would be up to par for show prep but it's good enough that along with support sups, heavy weights and some cardio (not enough :)) I'm loosing some weight.

flw

flw

Awards
Had a great workout this evening. I'm feeling the calorie deficit a bit but plenty of water, An apple and some creatine before my workouts is working well. Feeling good about my diet, I know i could get rid of a little sodium but I'm not too bad.
Btw, how many mg of sodium do mist shoot for on a cutting diet?
Its amazing how few calories I crave eating 7 to 9 meals a day. 350 calorie dinner and I'm stuffed. Today I only managed 1700 calories, after 4.5 hours of yard work and the gum I'm at a huge deficit!
I made up a midnight protein shake for tonight to get a few more calories without eating too much before bed. Last meal tonight was at 11pm, 36 protein, 6 fat and about 10 carbs. Weight was down another 1/2 lb tonight but I also ate extra light today so we'll see..... Having a house warming Friday, looking forward to and dreading all the food at the same time. We keep it pretty healthy but when you throw a party there is always chips dip etc.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Just read through the whole thread. Keep it up my dude Im listening.

flw

flw

Awards
sorry its been a while sense I posted my progress. I'm down to 213 as of 8:30pm last night. I started this thread at 224 but that was in the morning/afternoon, I was previously working out earlier. so I'm guessing that I would have been 225 or 226 evening weight when I started.
at any rate I'm down 11 to 13 lbs.
strength is good.
diet is in check, I'm actually taking no supplements except fish oil, joint support and a multi right now and have been for a week or so, I've not taken any ECA for a couple weeks.
I'm eating 1800 to 2200 caloies, 200 protein, 80g fat and the rest good carbs, mostly sweet potatoes, a little bit of whole wheat pasta, brown rice, a little agave syrup on my oatmeal, etc. most days I try to stay under 2000 calories but sometimes the deficit catches up with me and I up them. last night was one of those times, I had a horrible workout so when I got home at 10:30pm I had two oz of whole wheat pasta and some turkey spaghetti sauce which put me at 2700 calories. Last weekend I had extra calories friday night and saturday morning too, we had a party and then some left overs. I still managed to drop 2.5 lbs last week, well see how I am on friday after spaghetti last night. crap, I just remembered, I'm judging a salsa making competition today @ 4:30 so thats more cheat calories. the rest of my diet is in check though, so far I'm getting away with a few cheat meals, no totally crap food though! I'm sure I'll have to clean up the diet more soon though. I'm at approx 12.5-13.5% bf now based on loosing 5 lbs sense I was last tested @ 15%. I started at around 18%.
these are all on a pinch test, average of 3 tests calculated by the computer. I'm holding most of my weight in my waist and love handles with a bit in the other regular places. my waist didnt get any smaller till I dropped to 216 or so, now at 213 its shrunk about .75 of an inch with plenty more to go! hopefully I'll keep loosing from the mid section, I look pretty funny right now with the love handles sticking out like crazy!

flw

flw

Awards
I'm at 212 after my b day so not bad. Going to be out of town for 5 days, hopefully I can continue to loose weight.