weight loss stack, what do you think?

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Why no aspirin in your EC stack? Aspirin is really important in the stack IMO. EC wreaks havoc on your heart and blood pressure. In fact, the FDA originally approved its sale for use in medications designed to treat low blood pressure. Guess what happens if you're taking high doses of E and you don't have low blood pressure! BAM - bad things man, bad things! "Low Dose" or "Children's" 81 mg aspirins are like $2.50/bottle. All the EC fat burning stacks got banned because nobody took the aspirin with it and folks died. You spent all this other money, and left out the only thing thats gonna keep you safe. There are a few really good threads on here about ECA and the importance of aspirin in the stack. I bet if you get your BP checked, its off the chart. You already said your having heart/chest irregularities.

Also, the E is the main fat burner in the compound. Three doses/day at 25mg is optimum. Anything less isn't as effective. If you're still looking at Green Tea, you can get it standardized at Walmart (same stuff as the $$$ supps they sell online) for like $3.00 Lots of folks get it there.

As for the Ephedra(ine) being HCL or Sulfate.. I posted links to academic journals in another post where the two were evaluated in terms of body breakdown and absorption. It turns out that theres less that one-tenth of one percent (something like .001%) difference in the absorption. They are essentially identical in terms of what you get out of them, so, if you cant find Bronkaid (the best option IMO), then just go with walgreens brand or Primatene (not mist)

2. Thanks for the information. Everything I came across said the aspirin was hard on the stomach and the negatives outweighed the positives. I've actually been off the stack for a couple days, last week I took 12.5 mg doses with yohimbe in the am before carbs and then just the EC & green tea later, I checked my bp a couple days into the stack when I first started and it was fine, I should have checked it last week or so but neglected to. I was not getting any symptoms of high bp either like head aches etc. The only heart iregularitaries were feeling fatigued when dehydrated and weight lifting I don't know if that's common or not but as long as I stay hydrated I feel fine. I would like some input on anyone elses heart rate staying lower when not consuming enough water. I've never watched my hr when dehydrated till now but I do know that as long as I can remember when my food or water intake was off I felt like sh&t in the gym.
    I do appreciate your input and will definitely keep a close eye on my bp when I start back on EC as well as atleast take a baby asprin (which I do have) every other day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy007 View Post
    Why no aspirin in your EC stack? Aspirin is really important in the stack IMO. EC wreaks havoc on your heart and blood pressure. In fact, the FDA originally approved its sale for use in medications designed to treat low blood pressure. Guess what happens if you're taking high doses of E and you don't have low blood pressure! BAM - bad things man, bad things! "Low Dose" or "Children's" 81 mg aspirins are like $2.50/bottle. All the EC fat burning stacks got banned because nobody took the aspirin with it and folks died. You spent all this other money, and left out the only thing thats gonna keep you safe. There are a few really good threads on here about ECA and the importance of aspirin in the stack. I bet if you get your BP checked, its off the chart. You already said your having heart/chest irregularities.

Also, the E is the main fat burner in the compound. Three doses/day at 25mg is optimum. Anything less isn't as effective. If you're still looking at Green Tea, you can get it standardized at Walmart (same stuff as the $$$ supps they sell online) for like $3.00 Lots of folks get it there.

As for the Ephedra(ine) being HCL or Sulfate.. I posted links to academic journals in another post where the two were evaluated in terms of body breakdown and absorption. It turns out that theres less that one-tenth of one percent (something like .001%) difference in the absorption. They are essentially identical in terms of what you get out of them, so, if you cant find Bronkaid (the best option IMO), then just go with walgreens brand or Primatene (not mist)
    •   

3. Just checked my bp and although it's irrelevant being that I'm not taking any ephedrine just yohimbe 5mg, caffeine 200mg and green tea 400mg it was 135 over 72, hr 48. Second time 130 over 79 hr 46, thirt 132 over 66 hr 48, forth 133 over 67 hr 47, fifth 126 over 74 hr 48.
    Heart rate is a little low IMO considering I had yohimbe and caffeine but I took them almost 5 hours ago. I've also been sitting and relaxing for an extended period of time this AM. The lowest I've ever measured my hr was 37 upon waking and not moving except to put on bp cuff. It's commonly in the mid to low 40's stim free and completely relaxed.

4. Hows your weight going? I never ound making small changes like 400kcal a day made any difference. For the past few months i've been on about 1000kcal a day with minimal/no carbs for the past few months. I,ve taken lots of caffine and green tea extract and havegone from 99kg at 25% bodyfat to 83kg at 18%. If your not seeing changes i'd suggest dropping the calories, any supplements are really just the icing on the cake as they only make a small difference by the sounds of most peoples experiencs.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I ran a really similar stack in total to what you'd listed out. It looked something like this:

6:00 AM - 25mg Ephedrine / 200mg Caffeine / ~500mg EGCg
    10:00 AM - 25mg Ephedrine / 200mg Caffeine / ~500mg EGCg
    2:00 PM - 25mg Ephedrine / 200mg Caffeine

The first time I ran it, I would sweat buckets and it was just nuts. I tried it again after and it didn't have near the same effect on me.

As far as the carb bloc is concerned, I think I heard my mom mention something about that name when she said her niece was selling stuff through some company.[COLOR*********] To be honest, I don't know what exactly it is, but if you're looking for another good product, I'd recommend Need2Slin[/COLOR] - it shuttles nutrients to your muscles, rather than fat cells. So, whether you're trying to just lose weight, or add muscle without gaining much fat, it's a solid product. I love the stuff.

And definitely look into the blood work for baseline levels, man. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner than I did.
    Sounds interesting - so it enhances better nutrient partitioning? What's in this product?
    •   

6. Weight is coming off slow but steady, I've been weighing my self later in the day lately so it's hard to get an accurate weight compared to when I started. I'm down atleast 6 or 8 lbs.
    Yesterday I got a caliper body fat test done, actually average of 3 tests. Bodyfat was 15%, I think it might be a little higher being that I hold extra weight in my waist and the test didn't pinch belly fat.

Are you saying that you only eat 1000 calories a day? If so I don't think your going to get the results you want. That's far too few calories, you're starving your body and loosing mostly muscle. If you're 5'11", 220lbs and 18% bodyfat I'd say you should be taking in 2000 or so calories, 150+ grams of protein, ample greens and only good carbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr T View Post
    Hows your weight going? I never ound making small changes like 400kcal a day made any difference. For the past few months i've been on about 1000kcal a day with minimal/no carbs for the past few months. I,ve taken lots of caffine and green tea extract and havegone from 99kg at 25% bodyfat to 83kg at 18%. If your not seeing changes i'd suggest dropping the calories, any supplements are really just the icing on the cake as they only make a small difference by the sounds of most peoples experiencs.

7. Are you referring to need 2 slin? Search this forum, there is ample info around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageWun View Post
    Sounds interesting - so it enhances better nutrient partitioning? What's in this product?

8. Quote Originally Posted by flw View Post
    Weight is coming off slow but steady, I've been weighing my self later in the day lately so it's hard to get an accurate weight compared to when I started. I'm down atleast 6 or 8 lbs.
    Yesterday I got a caliper body fat test done, actually average of 3 tests. Bodyfat was 15%, I think it might be a little higher being that I hold extra weight in my waist and the test didn't pinch belly fat.

Are you saying that you only eat 1000 calories a day? If so I don't think your going to get the results you want. That's far too few calories, you're starving your body and loosing mostly muscle. If you're 5'11", 220lbs and 18% bodyfat I'd say you should be taking in 2000 or so calories, 150+ grams of protein, ample greens and only good carbs.
    Yeah i was only eating 1000kcal a day (maximum), i was basically eating chicken and fruit for lunch and chicken and salad for dinner, somedays i only ate lunch, i haven't exercised at all as i was scared i'd break down muscle that wouldn't repair due to lack of caloires and protein. i never found small changes in calories made any difference. doing it this way was just to see if it worked (which it has). I'll starting to eat a little more now but have ordered a months worth of MAN vaporize/scorch stack to hopefully help me get down to 15% body fat (now i know my diet works i'm happy to spend on pricey supplements). weighed myself this morning and i'm down to 82kg and 17.5% BF. According to my scales my lean mass loss has been 4kg whereas fat is 10.3kg (in three months). I fully expect to put the muscle back on quickly but even if i don't, i'm happy with the fat loss as i'll be careful from now on not to kid myself that i'm not getting fat while bulking. once the scorch/vaporize stack arrives on monday i'll start the final phase of my diet for 30 days then the i'm back on the shakes and square meals and training properly.

9. Awsome thread guys, i was getting a little discouraged on the ECA stack so far after reaching my 10th day on it so far and not really seeing any results so far, but after reading your results it looks like the ECA stack requires some time to kick in and start seeing some change. Everybody is different but would it be safe to assume that one should start seeing some results around 20 days into the cycle?

Weight -209
    Height - 5'10
    Calorie intake - 1800-2000 daily
    Weight Training 1 hour 5-6 times a week
    Cardio Training 1 hour 3 Times a week

Supps -
    Super Pro Protein
    Sci-Fit Kre-alkalyn
    EC Stack (Bronkaid + Vivarin) 25mg/200mg x3

10. Well it kind of gotten away from EC, I've not been taking it for a week or so. I've just been taking my other basic support sips and need 2 slin along with slowly improving my diet and trying to burn more calories. I'll probably try the EC stack again after I'm done with the need 2 slin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraketh View Post
    Awsome thread guys, i was getting a little discouraged on the ECA stack so far after reaching my 10th day on it so far and not really seeing any results so far, but after reading your results it looks like the ECA stack requires some time to kick in and start seeing some change. Everybody is different but would it be safe to assume that one should start seeing some results around 20 days into the cycle?

Weight -209
    Height - 5'10
    Calorie intake - 1800-2000 daily
    Weight Training 1 hour 5-6 times a week
    Cardio Training 1 hour 3 Times a week

Supps -
    Super Pro Protein
    Sci-Fit Kre-alkalyn
    EC Stack (Bronkaid + Vivarin) 25mg/200mg x3

11. Well I hope It works out, muscle memory does help when putting muscle back on but everything I've ever heard or seen tells me you'll be disappointed with the end result. I was pretty desperate to loose weight, sick and tired of having those extra lbs. I've finally got my act back in gear and people around me are commenting on the weight melting off. It all just boils down to a clean diet, adequate protein and nutrition and a good exercise routine, IMO of course.
    Maybe start a thread of your own and get advice from people with MUCM more knowledge and experience than my self, be warned though, saying you only eat 1000 calories on a bodybuilding forum will get you picked on and roughed up verbally a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr T View Post
    Yeah i was only eating 1000kcal a day (maximum), i was basically eating chicken and fruit for lunch and chicken and salad for dinner, somedays i only ate lunch, i haven't exercised at all as i was scared i'd break down muscle that wouldn't repair due to lack of caloires and protein. i never found small changes in calories made any difference. doing it this way was just to see if it worked (which it has). I'll starting to eat a little more now but have ordered a months worth of MAN vaporize/scorch stack to hopefully help me get down to 15% body fat (now i know my diet works i'm happy to spend on pricey supplements). weighed myself this morning and i'm down to 82kg and 17.5% BF. According to my scales my lean mass loss has been 4kg whereas fat is 10.3kg (in three months). I fully expect to put the muscle back on quickly but even if i don't, i'm happy with the fat loss as i'll be careful from now on not to kid myself that i'm not getting fat while bulking. once the scorch/vaporize stack arrives on monday i'll start the final phase of my diet for 30 days then the i'm back on the shakes and square meals and training properly.

12. Btw, I'm shooting for 9 meals a day right now, approx 20 to 25 grams lean protein per meal (chicken, fish, lean beef, turkey etc), veggies or fruit ( broccoli, lettuce, apple, strawberries etc, sweet potato, some occasional whole wheat pasta with a little parmesan, almonds, occasional potato with skins and a little light mozzarella melted on it, a couple protein shakes, steel cut oats at breakfast.....I'm shooting for 200 to 250 calories per meal. I started at about 2400 calories, slowly lowered carbs from 200plus to 150 ish, then cleaned things up a little more and finally landed where I'm at, hopefully I can stay motivated and keep it up for a while.
    Today I was at about 225 protein, 150 carbs, 60 fat, just under 2000 calories. I don't know that this diet would be up to par for show prep but it's good enough that along with support sups, heavy weights and some cardio (not enough ) I'm loosing some weight.

13. Down two lbs from last week!

14. Awsome man, keep up the good work

15. Had a great workout this evening. I'm feeling the calorie deficit a bit but plenty of water, An apple and some creatine before my workouts is working well. Feeling good about my diet, I know i could get rid of a little sodium but I'm not too bad.
    Btw, how many mg of sodium do mist shoot for on a cutting diet?
    Its amazing how few calories I crave eating 7 to 9 meals a day. 350 calorie dinner and I'm stuffed. Today I only managed 1700 calories, after 4.5 hours of yard work and the gum I'm at a huge deficit!
    I made up a midnight protein shake for tonight to get a few more calories without eating too much before bed. Last meal tonight was at 11pm, 36 protein, 6 fat and about 10 carbs. Weight was down another 1/2 lb tonight but I also ate extra light today so we'll see..... Having a house warming Friday, looking forward to and dreading all the food at the same time. We keep it pretty healthy but when you throw a party there is always chips dip etc.

16. Just read through the whole thread. Keep it up my dude Im listening.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

17. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Just read through the whole thread. Keep it up my dude Im listening.
    Thanks!

18. sorry its been a while sense I posted my progress. I'm down to 213 as of 8:30pm last night. I started this thread at 224 but that was in the morning/afternoon, I was previously working out earlier. so I'm guessing that I would have been 225 or 226 evening weight when I started.
    at any rate I'm down 11 to 13 lbs.
    strength is good.
    diet is in check, I'm actually taking no supplements except fish oil, joint support and a multi right now and have been for a week or so, I've not taken any ECA for a couple weeks.
    I'm eating 1800 to 2200 caloies, 200 protein, 80g fat and the rest good carbs, mostly sweet potatoes, a little bit of whole wheat pasta, brown rice, a little agave syrup on my oatmeal, etc. most days I try to stay under 2000 calories but sometimes the deficit catches up with me and I up them. last night was one of those times, I had a horrible workout so when I got home at 10:30pm I had two oz of whole wheat pasta and some turkey spaghetti sauce which put me at 2700 calories. Last weekend I had extra calories friday night and saturday morning too, we had a party and then some left overs. I still managed to drop 2.5 lbs last week, well see how I am on friday after spaghetti last night. crap, I just remembered, I'm judging a salsa making competition today @ 4:30 so thats more cheat calories. the rest of my diet is in check though, so far I'm getting away with a few cheat meals, no totally crap food though! I'm sure I'll have to clean up the diet more soon though. I'm at approx 12.5-13.5% bf now based on loosing 5 lbs sense I was last tested @ 15%. I started at around 18%.
    these are all on a pinch test, average of 3 tests calculated by the computer. I'm holding most of my weight in my waist and love handles with a bit in the other regular places. my waist didnt get any smaller till I dropped to 216 or so, now at 213 its shrunk about .75 of an inch with plenty more to go! hopefully I'll keep loosing from the mid section, I look pretty funny right now with the love handles sticking out like crazy!

19. I'm at 212 after my b day so not bad. Going to be out of town for 5 days, hopefully I can continue to loose weight.

20. 208.5 last night.

21. I've been busy with work, out of town, everywhere but in the gym so things have slowed, however I'm still slowely loosing weight, I'm at about 205 right now.

22. Quote Originally Posted by flw View Post
    Midwestbeast, thanks for all your input. I pulled the trigger on some stuff. I decided to order half now, see what I think then reorder or make my own stack when I'm done with this stuff.
    I'd never know what does what if I took it all at once.

1x BCAA Powder (500 Grams) By: PrimaForce

*1x Need 2 Slin (120 Capsules) By: Need To Build Muscle

*1x EGCG (Green Tea Extract) (90 caps) By: NOW Foods

*1x Caffeine (120 tabs) By: Serious Nutrition Solutions

*1x B-6 100 mg (100 caps) By: NOW Foods

2x NOW Methyl B-12, 1000mcg/100 Lozenges**

1x PrimaForce Yohimbine HCl, 90 Capsules**

1x Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil

1x bronchial (cvs ephedrine hci, usp)
    looks good bro, should work well

23. Quote Originally Posted by cowboy007 View Post
    Why no aspirin in your EC stack? Aspirin is really important in the stack IMO. EC wreaks havoc on your heart and blood pressure. In fact, the FDA originally approved its sale for use in medications designed to treat low blood pressure. Guess what happens if you're taking high doses of E and you don't have low blood pressure! BAM - bad things man, bad things! "Low Dose" or "Children's" 81 mg aspirins are like $2.50/bottle. All the EC fat burning stacks got banned because nobody took the aspirin with it and folks died. You spent all this other money, and left out the only thing thats gonna keep you safe. There are a few really good threads on here about ECA and the importance of aspirin in the stack. I bet if you get your BP checked, its off the chart. You already said your having heart/chest irregularities.

That's a little dramatic bro, People died for other reasons besides leaving out the aspirin! LOL

Just a side note some good alternatives to a low dose aspirin if your worried about BP and the heart would be stacking forskolin, coenzyme q-10, taurine, magnesium and postassium. The extra fat burning benefits of the forskolin make it worth it alone.

Long term aspirin use can be hard on the stomach.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?

24. Thumbs up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    That's a little dramatic bro, People died for other reasons besides leaving out the aspirin! LOL Just a side note some good alternatives to a low dose aspirin if your worried about BP and the heart would be stacking forskolin, coenzyme q-10, taurine, magnesium and postassium. The extra fat burning benefits of the forskolin make it worth it alone. Long term aspirin use can be hard on the stomach.

25. 199.5 today!
  26. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by flw View Post
    199.5 today!
    Congrats, man!

I'm stoked to see all the progress you've made!!!

27. Thanks bro. I'm still not where I want to be but I'm getting closer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Congrats, man!I'm stoked to see all the progress you've made!!!

28. I'm still around 200, jumped up to about 204-205 for a few days after starting up the creatine and heavy lifting again but today after cutting my carbs below 100 for a couple days I'm back at about 200.
    Waist is still about 35.5-36, I keep hoping it will get closer to the sub 35 mark. Shooting to hit 195 over the next 3 weeks, we'll see, I think another 5 lbs will make a big difference at this point, maybe get me down around/below that 10% bf mark, I want those single digits! 20lbs ago the pinch test said I was 15-16 bf, that must have been incorrect as I'm guessing am still around 13% (guessing), legs and waist are still holding a little too much fat.

29. I still can't shake 200lbs, I was 197 the end of last week then back up to 201 this week, I'm cleaning up my diet further, cutting calories a little more.

30. If you haven't tried it, get out of the gym more.Your body may really respond to the change. I got a insane workout in the park yesterday using the workout stations and sprinting. Did various types of body rows and push-ups and my pump was crazy. Haven't got that kind of pump in a long time. I see a difference in my body over night. I remember when I was a teen you'd see steady progress and change in your body daily but as you get older it becomes much harder to see that. You really have to change things up and shock your body. Less is more in many cases too.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stack help (weight loss)
    By pfitchick in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 06:10 PM
  2. Help with weight loss stack for gf
    By GMan88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
  3. weight loss stack