Tx's bulking diet !

txwakeskater

Awards
Here it is.. and thanks too Jweave for helping me find out alot of the calculations on the shake and SCOTTY / YJ for helping me also. Now ive done a tad bit of tweaking so if it looks bad, dont question YJ or Scotty. :D

#1 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop whey
1 tblsp flax
16 oz whole milk

#2 1 can tuna
4 slices wheat
16oz water

#3 4-5oz steak
10oz yamz
16oz whole milk

#4/pre wo

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop whey

#5/post wo

MASS shake with Whole milk :D

#6 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 bannana
16oz water or milk

#7 2 PB&J's
16oz water

#8/middle of night

16oz MASS shake.

I calculated it the other night and it came out too 4970cals/628carbs/192protein.

Oh yes if you dont know my stats, im 19yrs old. 6ft. 150-155lbs with a blazing metab :mad:

Now on Meal #7 i was recommended cottage cheese but i cant stomach it so.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Nocturnal feeding is highly over rated. If you're taking in a couple glasses of milk and/or some cottage cheese, this isnt necessary. You bulking an all, need 8 hours of un-broken sleep to grow to your potential.

txwakeskater

Awards
Oh yes thanks for pointin that out YJ. I do need too get a full 8 hrs, im only gettin about 5-6 right now and thas with it being broken.:eek: I am also taking a nap everyday for about 40mins-1 hr.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Nocturnal feeding is highly over rated. If you're taking in a couple glasses of milk and/or some cottage cheese, this isnt necessary. You bulking an all, need 8 hours of un-broken sleep to grow to your potential.
agreed. i posted my take on shakes during the middle of you sleep on another thread however feeding yourself during sleep seems pretty popular for bulking diets and even maintanence.
THe one thing that sticks out TX is what you are taking for nocturnal feeding (sorry YJ, i needed to take your wording cuz it sounds nice ha) is that the "mass shake" you are drinking is probably filled with malto and/or sugar huh? thats fine for that post shake, but if you're set on getting up (or being up) to drink, take a straight protein drink and not a "bulk" mass shake. Not necessary. Sage

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
#7 2 PB&J's
16oz water

Regarding this, what I assume to be your before bed meal, peanut butter is of course fine but if you're going to be eating bread and jelly cals, why not just spoon some pb and have more milk instead of or before the water. Rather than cutting back on protein for the last meal of the day and keeping carbs high, I'd keep the protein up there as well if you can. I was experimenting awhile ago, and will eat something like this occasionally:

wheat bread
protein powder mixed w/pb (use choc flavor, makes a choc/pb taste that isn't bad at all)
banana/honey depending on time of day

Good luck on the gains tx, diet looks good keep on eatin!

txwakeskater

Awards
The only reason i put water was because i ned alot too wash that **** down with. Now i love milk as you can tell. Another reason i put water was because i feel like i dont get eough of it. any other suggestions? :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
not really bro other than protein before bed you're looking good... wouldn't bother with middle of the night eating, **** like that. just sleep long and well, and get up and immediately stuff some **** (which you already got down I see). I personally am not an ecto so I find that I don't need particularly high levels of carbs at any time, and I can always limit them before bed and do just fine. But anyway, yeah, good luck.

txwakeskater

Awards
But why not take the shake for the extra cals/protein? I need as much mass as possible. :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
If you're taking **** at night I would make sure it's slow digesting, and lower GI carbs I don't see a problem with I guess if you are a serious hardgainer but I just don't see the point in splitting your sleep time in half just so you can chug some malto and get a spike before you, you know, roll over and go back to sleep. You're talking slower digesting ****, slower digesting protein etc... I'd really encourage you to buy some lowfat cottage cheese and just shovel that **** in there... won't kill ya eh? (I dunno mebbe it will :D )... now.. back to my Kylie.... *drool*

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
TX, looks pretty good. However, the carbs at night are questionable. Like YJ said, get some casein lastmeal and you shouldn't be hungry middle of the night. Have some cottage cheese, milk, flax and pb for a nice bulking midnight snack.

txwakeskater

Awards
ok also im looking for a quick meal i can shove down in between my Tuesday/Thursday classes because im at school a lil over 3 hrs. any suggestions? Also im gonna up my oatmeal intake to 1 1/2 cups in the next day or so i think.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
How about an mrp, with 2 cups milk, banana, and some pb put in a blender?

txwakeskater

Awards
Alright thanks, Now its time to go find a bottle that is 12-16oz :D

Anxed

Awards
ok also im looking for a quick meal i can shove down in between my Tuesday/Thursday classes because im at school a lil over 3 hrs. any suggestions?

you can always make some beef jerky and take it with you.. I did that
while in school... or, you can keep a couple cans o tuna in your backpack, and chow down on that... maybe have some whole wheat bread or dry oatmeal with you...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Looks good tx, if you want a quick calorie fix try wardog's bars, they will do the trick! As for night feeding, you don't have to, just get some sleep brother!

txwakeskater

Awards
Just a thought, but what if i just said **** it...Strapped on a feed bag and just went to town on something like this... * = something changed.

#1 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop whey
1 tblsp flax
16 oz MASS Shake *

#2 1 can tuna
4 slices wheat
16oz water

#3 4-5oz steak
10oz yamz
16oz whole milk

#4 Chicken breasts*
2 cans of yougurt*
16oz MASS shake*

#5/pre wo

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop whey

#6/post wo

MASS shake with Whole milk

#7 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 bannana
16oz water or milk

#8 4-5oz Steak*
10oz Yamz*
MASS shake*

#9/ 2pb&j's
16oz water

#10/middeof night

16oz MASS shake.

The reason i askthis is because i am not having a very hard time eating what i had at all...

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Just a thought, but what if i just said **** it...Strapped on a feed bag and just went to town on something like this... * = something changed.

#1 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop whey
1 tblsp flax
16 oz MASS Shake *
Looks good. Im not sure though if you plan eating all this then having the mass shake or if you're showing whats in the mass shake, even if you could eat all this, you wouldnt do it every morning. You have to make breakfast rather simplistic. Have 4 egg whites, 2 large glasses of milk and a bowl of oats and if you get tired of oats, subsitute it for some bran cereal or granola cereal.

#2 1 can tuna
4 slices wheat
16oz water
Looks good. I wouldnt include a glass of water with each meal because thats a given. ;) Carry around a jug if you have to, honest story- My gains seeminly havent stopped since Ive been drinking water with everything.

#3 4-5oz steak
10oz yamz
16oz whole milk
I like it. But be honest with yourself, are you going to have a steak evety day? And its cool if you cant, substitute it for a chicken breast or 2, or some salmon, herring or a fish of some type and on desperation days, have a couple cans of tuna. As for the yams, if you get tired of those, substitute it for pasta- AND PASTA ONLY. The misconception with pasta is the starchy carbs arent good for the adipose tissue, not true. If you have just thep asta and drop the butter, sauce and all the trans fatty acid layden foods, you're good to go.

#4 Chicken breasts*
2 cans of yougurt*
16oz MASS shake*
Looks good. I like the addition of yogurt. Make sure its low fat yogurt, even if you're bulking. If you get tired of it, substitute it with some cottage cheese. I would drop this mass gain shake and have a large glass of milk with some flax. You're going to get tired of them after awhile, let alone 3 or 4 a day, whew

#5/pre wo

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop whey
You need some simple carbs pre workout. Fruit is a solid choice. Have a banana, dry oats and a glass of orange juice and only if you have room left in your stomach without being lathargic, add a scoop of whey (I put a scoop of vanilla whey in my orange juice, tastes great, but then again, Im weird) Easy on the pre-workout protein. A lot of protein before you train causes lathargy and gives you the illusion you're full since protein takes awhile to digest (especially from the milk, whey isnt that bad) because in an hour or so, you're going to have to have that shake, etc.

#6/post wo

MASS shake with Whole milk

I might skip the flax, peanut butter and whole milk post workout, for obvious reasons. It will slow the digestion greatly and thats a good amount of fat post workout. Have your 2 or 3 scoops of whey in water with some dextrose. Dextrose is cheap, if you dont have a CC, ask your mom or dad, its $1.52 a bag....

#7 1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 bannana
16oz water or milk
I might add a potatoe and mixed vegetables here instead of more oatmeal.

#8 4-5oz Steak*
10oz Yamz*
MASS shake*
These mass shakes are going to kill you man. Remember the yams and steak substitutes also...you WILL get tired of them everyday.

#9/ 2pb&j's
16oz water
IS this in your GI Joe lunchbox or Pokemon? Cut the PB&J, or at least the J. Have a few spoons of peanut butter and a glass of milk and water. White bread = not desirable this late.

#10/middeof night

16oz MASS shake.

The reason i askthis is because i am not having a very hard time eating what i had at all...
Have a couple large glasses of milk and/or cottage cheese instead. Nocturnal feeding is over rated, highly. Cottage chese and milk will more than get you through the night......

**Other notes: Your best friend in ALL of this is making sure you know exactly or even roughly how many carbs/protein/fat and over all calories you're taking in. You seem to have a lot of cals, dont forget about your BMR and the ramifications if you neglect to follow it.

Also, remember to switch up your foods choices, change things around, but keep the calories relatively the same. No matter how dedicated you are, you will get tired of the same old routine, everyone does. Switch up the foods, add fruits to your cottage cheese, etc. Simple things. The hardest part about eating to gain mass is just that, eating. Face it, its boring and time consuming and if you go through the same mundane routine of food selection each day, it wont last long brother....best of luck.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
the mass shake is wha exactly? I'd still switch the carbs in your last meal to oats and ground flax meal (keep pb though) if you want to go that route... especially if you are going to increase what you do eat during the day since it's not hard for you to pack it all in... carbs before bed booo... I put flax meal in cottage cheese and spoon a little pb usually... get growin rake you need some stretchies! :D

txwakeskater

Awards
Whew thanks alot YJ. I might have led yall wrong on this but when i said MASS shake i meant just my Optimum Nutrition MASS protein. Im halfing it also(using the Nlarge scoop instead). I think I will use the YJ shake in between meal 1 and 2 while im at School. As for eating steak everyday. Yes i do eat it everday, i have them indivuadully packaged and i have a nice propane grill out side with all kinds of gadgets on it so it makes it rather easy too cook a steak. :) Now lemme go read over your post again YJ and see what else i nee too ask! :D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Whew thanks alot YJ. I might have led yall wrong on this but when i said MASS shake i meant just my Optimum Nutrition MASS protein.
Oh, ok, I gotcha. Yes, half them, add some flax oil and make sure you're getting around 13-15oz of milk with each one and thats a shitload of calories, thus you may not have to have as many in a days time. I will help you configure your ration and total calories when I get a chance.

txwakeskater

Awards
OK for the nocturnal feeding...To me milk is like water, It wont fill me up much and for sum reason i feel like having something more heavy like that shake is better. But if yall say booo then ok. I will not eat Cottage Cheess..YUCK :p

What do u mean by dry oats? :confused: Im assuming u mean just put some oats/powder of the oats ina bowl and eat? As for eatng this diet everday, i will stick too it pretty strict for a 2 weeks then change it up a bit.

Im not sure how great Shimp is but i just got a new toy for xmas which is a propane boiling pot and we have been making lot of Cajun shrimp boils in it with potatoes, corn, sausage and so on. Im actually having one tonight :D

Also i will start drinking water at every meal also..

hmm im sure there is more too come. :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I get tired of making oatmeal so I like to grind my oats in a coffee grinder and put em in milk, shakes, cottage cheese (YUM YUM, biotch :D ) etc, and shrimp are pretty much all protein, just eat a lot of em.

txwakeskater

Awards
Ok thanks bigg. SO how this look mentee's ... :D

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 scoop whey
1tblsp flax

16oz water
MASS shake

1 can tuna
4 slices wheat
16oz water

4-5oz steak
10oz yamz
16oz whole milk
16oz water

Chicken Breasts
2 cans yogurt
MASS shake
16oz water

1 bannana
1 pack dry oats
16oz OJ
16oz Water

MASS shake

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk for now :D
1 bannana
160z water

4-5oz steak
10oz yams
MASS shake
16oz water

#9 Damn no more showing off the power rangers lunchbox. :p

3 spoonfuls of PB
16oz Milk
16oz Water

32oz milk
Flax ?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you's pissin' all day long :D here come the pounds bro, I can feel it!

txwakeskater

Awards
YES i think I do ! and it couldidnt of been done without the help of all of you who replied. Especially a big thanks to YJ, SCotty,Jweave,and Biggin, for the hellashish times in the chats ! :p OR PM's.....

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
fuckin feedbag
LOL man scotty I always end up laughing when you talk about food, dunno why... pukin here, feedbag there... if that ain't motivational I don't know what is Tx :D

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin

LOL man scotty I always end up laughing when you talk about food, dunno why... pukin here, feedbag there... if that ain't motivational I don't know what is Tx :D
I know man, Scotty cracks me up, damn feedbag for christs sake! :D

Tx, you'll do well bro, if you listen to guys like Scotty and YJ about this and actually apply that, the sky is the limit man!

txwakeskater

Awards
Its NOT just them bro... Give your self sum credit.... You helped me so much also. Its all of YOU !!! Here comes the KARMA :D

txwakeskater

Awards
On my off days what should i eat for meal number 5 and 6 ? thas my pre and post meals.... ANy suggetions ?

txwakeskater

Awards
Oh yes.... No steak or chicken considering im eating 2 steaks and 2 chicken breasts a day :D.... just sum good meals please. :)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
really your choice Tx. looking at your diet, your protein source coming from steak, chicken, and a can of tuna. why not add a little variety and try some eggs and or cottage cheese. Im assuming the meal before your meal 8 (steak, yams, shake) will be fairly close it so having eggs or cottage cheese seem like a good choice. Farily light, good source of protein. As for carbs/fat, cook your eggs with some ex. virgina olive oil for them monounsaturated and how bout some brown rice. Although a brown rice and cottage cheese doesnt sound too fluid. (ha) oatmeal? (a nice change of pace...having a breakfast meal at night) Sage

txwakeskater

Awards
Well i would go with oatmeal but that is my next meal aftr #6......hmmmm any other suggestions? Im trying too think of something i havent already ate during the day. Maybe eggs, but i dunno...

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
wot tha hell you talkin bout bwa? meal suggestions for off days? suck it up and eat cottage cheese god dammit!... hey, you said no steak or chicken but if turkey tastes different enough to you, you could incorporate that... also try extra lean ground beef... um... it looks like you could stand to add a few more fruits, if you like em. they be a good choice... lookin for carbs, some good alternatives are couscous and maftoul (often called Israeli couscous, if you can find a store that carries it)... could also try orzo (sort of an Italian wheat pasta)... I love Toufayan's wheat pita.. um... yep, I'll add more when I think of em

txwakeskater

Awards
:) hehe okay , ya turkey sounds good... I like bannana's alot, Apples are aight, but banannas are my choice !

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I like turkey or ham stuffed in a whole wheat pita, add some lettuce and cheese, nuke it for about 30 seconds, can't be beat! Also I make scrambled eggs on wheat bread, good stuff. Also maybe some grilled chicken breasts with my BBQ sauce recipe :)

Last edited:

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Hey TX, you are supposed to be from the South. Where are the pork chops? Oh yeah, don't you live on the beach? Get some seafood. Eggs are always good. Cheap too.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Hey TX, you are supposed to be from the South. Where are the pork chops? Oh yeah, don't you live on the beach? Get some seafood. Eggs are always good. Cheap too.

Great advice, get you some salmon, BOY. Pork chops are great as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 19
Training Forum 7
Pics 11
Cycle Logs 46
Weight Loss 17