the fat in red meat

x_danny_x

Awards
say, i read here that the fat in red meat can help produce or increase hormone production. it was from someone's post but i couldn't find more info on it.

anybody has more info on it?

im worried though that the fat in read meat might store up. i do my best to not eat alot of sugar or carbs and have high protein diet. so what does the body do with the fat from the red meat?

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Saturated fat is the building block for test

x_danny_x

Awards
so the fat in red meat will turn to test boosting? my body wont start to store it while im taking low carbs and almost no sugar correct?

saturated fat you say, what about coconut oil? i have been taking that one.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Well eating more sat fat than usual will only boost test if you were eating less than your body needs. Eating sat fats shouldn't boost test levels, but will support your natural test production.

x_danny_x

Awards
i see, so the body uses the every gram of fat from red meat to help boost test production or does it store some of it? since that is what im afraid of since i just mainly eat chicken and turkey for meat products.

Jericho22

Awards
Your body won't use "every gram" of a certain food for one specific activity. If you're taking in more cals than you need your body will store some of it, regardless of whether or not those extra cals are from chicken or red meat.

Most people recommend getting AT LEAST 15-20% of your daily calories from fat so if you're not eating that much fat you could switch out some leaner meats for some that are higher in fats. Just keep in mind that fattier meat will have more calories, so make sure you're fitting it into your total calorie needs.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Possibly worth noting here - its not just fat that gets stored as fat. If that makes sense.

Too many calories will result in fat being produced/stored, whether those cals come from fat, protein, or carbs.

I am no doctor but I'm sure someone here can explain the process of converting glucose into fatty acids....?

The guys here are correct, you need a certain amount of fat in order to support hormone production.

But when you are working out your diet remember that fat has 9cal/gram, where carbs and protein only have 4cal/gram.

The diet tracker here seems to be broken today - but I use fitday and that works quite well to keep track of what you are eating.

Good luck man

imsothemanxd

Awards
You really should switch up your protein profile to ensure your getting a good range of amino's unless your in the last 8 weeks of contest prep... the **** aint that serious dog.

x_danny_x

Awards
Possibly worth noting here - its not just fat that gets stored as fat. If that makes sense.

Too many calories will result in fat being produced/stored, whether those cals come from fat, protein, or carbs.

I am no doctor but I'm sure someone here can explain the process of converting glucose into fatty acids....?

The guys here are correct, you need a certain amount of fat in order to support hormone production.

But when you are working out your diet remember that fat has 9cal/gram, where carbs and protein only have 4cal/gram.

The diet tracker here seems to be broken today - but I use fitday and that works quite well to keep track of what you are eating.

Good luck man

how do you determine how fast your metabolism is and also how much fat % does your body have? do i need to go to a doctor figure that out?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
how do you determine how fast your metabolism is and also how much fat % does your body have? do i need to go to a doctor figure that out?
Most gyms that I've been to offer caliper tests, which will give you a general (but not exact) idea of your body fat percentage. Talk to the trainers at the gym.

As for your metabolism, you just have to work on shifting your caloric intake to see what your body's maintenance level is.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Thing about red meat - and we're usually talking steak here ...

I eat it all the time - except when cutting but ... I think I can use it to cut to and here's why ...

I don't really get "fat" on the steak - and when I'm bulking - I'll eat at least one a day ... sometimes two. I do notice storing a bit of fat though - which I always attributed to the fat content in the steak. However ...

You only need 6 oz of steak to get 50 grams of Protein. That's a small steak and that's not the normal size in the groceries around where I live. I would say normal is in the range of 10 - 12 oz and that can be double what you really need in a single serving. So I think the key to steak is eating it in smaller portions.

Most peeps will know this already - not me ... I am still learning the basics of nutrition. I'm damned lucky I don't just blow up into a fatty - but I actually stay around 15% BF. I'd like to get lower though - and to do that I guess I need to learn more. Very difficult though - when "this group" says don't eat carbs ... and "that group" says you gotta eat carbs. Nutrition is all over the place man. Not a simple as picking up a weight over and over again until you can't lift it anymore. THAT I understand!!