Keto is it Dangerous?
- 04-19-2011, 03:36 PM
- 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM
- 04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
There was a specific meta-study done using the atkins ketogenic, the zone diet, Ornish and one other and ketogenic had the worst muscle retention of them all, and less fat lost than all. I'll go dig that one up
04-19-2011, 03:41 PM
04-20-2011, 03:25 AM
I would just like to see more info on meals and timing of them.
04-20-2011, 03:50 AM
The primary value to large meals when losing fat is you are never starving hungry, just mostly hungry all day. And when bulking you are never quite forcing yourself to eat a huge meal, but just always eating something.
04-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Keto gives me serious head aches. Yes I know it eventually goes away but breaking that wall just isn't worth it. I can cut without going completely keto. I carb up once in the morning, that's it. Sometimes I will do a light carb (15g or so) pre work out, but that's about it.
Keep in mind I only lift 3 times a week. The rest of the time I'm boxing. So burning cals isn't an issue.
04-20-2011, 06:54 AM
04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I agree, it isn't necessary to cut. That's why i don't do it anymore. I keep mine at around 60-75 a day. Actually, Keto set me back about a year. A couple years ago I thought "oh ya, I'll carb cycle (3 on / 3 off) get all shredded, etc.". I dropped down to about 150 and looked horrible.
So ya, hovering low always works best.
Similar Forum Threads
- By sundayx in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
- By borninsin in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
- By fatburner2007 in forum SupplementsReplies: 27Last Post: 06-26-2007, 05:58 AM
- By jjohn in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2006, 07:30 PM
- By dargerak1 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-12-2006, 01:33 PM