Jericho's HCG Diet Log!

Jericho22

Awards
There is obviously a lot of controversy around the HCG Diet, but after sorting through all the negative crap people post about it I actually managed to find a few successful logs that were very helpful. These success stories inspired me to try it out for myself and post my own log...so here it goes!

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 190 lbs
BF: 20-25%? (haven't bothered trying to test it so this is a complete guess)
Lifting Experience: Less than 1 year

My goals for this diet:
-Lose 15-20 pounds on a 23 day diet and end up around 170-175
-Maintain as much muscle/strength as possible

Daily 500(ish) Cal Diet:
2x Fruit - apple or orange
2x 100g Lean protein - boneless skinless chicken breast
2x Vegetable - Bag salad topped with salsa

The protocol also allows for 2 Italian breadsticks or melba toast, but I'm not a fan of melba toast and I don't know if there is any other acceptable food to swap in for the breadstick so I'm just cutting this out.

Supplements:
HCG 200 iu daily injected subcutaneously
Creatine mono
Jack3d pre-workout

I'm continuing to use creatine and a pre-wo to help maintain muscle/strength and hopefully continue to progress in my workouts. If it seems like this is going to be a problem with the weight loss for some reason I will cut them out, since that is obviously the ultimate goal for this diet.

The protocol calls for 125 iu of HCG but I've seen logs using as much as 175 iu and some people recommending even more than that. I was planning on doing a rather short cycle anyway so with 5000 iu of HCG that gives me enough for 200 iu daily for 25 injections.

Workout:

4x5 Bench
4x5 Bent over rows
4x5 Deadlift or Smith Squat (alternating each workout)

Going to start out doing this 2x per week since I'm not sure how well it's going to work out while on the diet. If I feel good after the first week I might go up to 3x per week.

I'm a little late in posting this as I'm already about a week into the diet, so my follow up posts will have morning weigh-ins, workout results, as well as other notes I have been jotting down about the experience.

I hope this will be helpful for anybody that is considering this diet for themselves, so everybody feel free to join in!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go with the apple versus the orange for your fruit source. And I'd personally cut the salsa on the salad. 1 cup of broccoli twice daily will be more beneficial to you nutrient wise.

Good luck, man. And you'll be fine working out; you won't lose any noticeable strength.

Jericho22

Awards
Go with the apple versus the orange for your fruit source. And I'd personally cut the salsa on the salad. 1 cup of broccoli twice daily will be more beneficial to you nutrient wise.

Good luck, man. And you'll be fine working out; you won't lose any noticeable strength.
Thanks a lot man for the advice and the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I've been eating 2 apples most days since they just seem to be more satisfying than an orange. My salad with the salsa comes in around 40-45 calories since I use a lot of salsa, I figured that wasn't a noticeable difference from the 30 calories in a cup of broccoli. You're absolutely right about the nutritional value though. I'm going to start switching in broccoli for one or maybe both of the salads.

I'm about a week into the diet and just decided to post a log instead of waiting til the end to give a review. I'm going to post my results from the first week later this afternoon, so if I mention an orange or a salad don't think I'm just ignoring your advice haha.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always been interested in how this will work. Subbed.

Jericho22

Awards
3-21-11
190.2 lbs morning weigh-in (starting weight)

Started daily injections of 200 iu HCG first thing in the morning. First 2 days of injection are the “loading phase” before you start the diet. This was a fun way to start a diet, 2 full days of stuffing myself full with whatever food I wanted. I probably should have eaten more the first day since I didn’t really stuff myself; I just kind of ate whatever I wanted. Not really sure how important these first 2 days are but I’m trying to follow the protocol as outlined so the 2nd day I completely stuffed myself with pizza, chips, ice cream, etc. all day long.

Day 1 of Diet
194 lbs (+3.8)

Put on a few pounds of water weight from eating so many carbs, not surprising. I’m not counting this as my starting weight because I wouldn’t be holding that much water if it weren’t for the protocol’s “loading phase” and this would go away after a couple days of eating normally. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weight loss claims by this diet could easily be inflated by 5+ pounds because of this reason.

Day 1 SUCKED, but it was kind of interesting. I woke up “hungry” which is usually not a good sign. I say “hungry” because it wasn’t really hunger, more of just the empty feeling that usually comes right before the actual stomach rumbling hunger. I had always thought of this as actual hunger but it turns out they are very different things. I spent basically the entire day feeling like I was just on the verge of being really hungry but never actually got there. Really weird feeling.

Meals for day 1:
Apple
Chicken + Salad
Orange
Chicken + Salad

I noticed that after a while I would go a little crazy over the empty feeling, but eating even a tiny amount of food would make me feel better for a while. I used pickles as snacks, and eating just one pickle spear would give me some taste of food and ease the empty feeling. Tomorrow I’m going to split up the chicken and salad into separate meals so I can eat more often.

Day 2
190.8 lbs (-3.2, +0.6 total)

Today was a lot better than day 1. I don’t know if it just took my body a day to get used to not eating or if it was just psychological but I actually felt fairly normal today even though I was barely eating. I split up the diet into 6 meals instead of 4 which definitely seemed to help.

I also added 2 caps of Mega-T Green Tea supplement I picked up at Wal-Mart. I've taken these before and they seemed to help slightly with energy and a little bit of appetite supression. Plus they're pretty cheap.

Only real problem was a headache that started just before my workout and didn’t go away until after. Definitely killed my intensity but I powered through and managed to still have a decent workout.

Workout:
Bench
140x5 (+10 lbs from last workout)
160x5 (+10)
180x5 (+10)
195x4 (+1 rep)

Was going for 5 reps on the last set but I hit a wall on the 4th. I’m going to attribute this largely to the headache and a general lack of intensity. My highest 1 rep bench is 200 lbs (granted that was several months ago) so 195x4 is pretty intense for me.

Bent over row:
100x5
120x5
140x5
160x3 (+5 lbs)

My back is definitely one of my weak spots, and progress was slowing on rows even before I started the diet. I hit my mark on each set so can't really complain here. Next workout the goal will be 160x5.

Deadlift:
120x5 (+20 lbs)
140x5 (+20)
160x5 (+20)
170x4 (+10)

I’ve only been deadlifting for a few weeks so I started out light, which means I’m progressing easily. I hope at least this one lift continues to go up at a decent rate during the diet since the weights are still fairly easy.

Not a bad workout considering the headache. Only problem was I felt extremely lightheaded and nauseous after each set of deads, even the warmups. The last set I could have easily had the 5th rep but I felt like I was going to spew so I stopped. I’ve had this problem sometimes with high rep deads and squats, but it’s never been an issue with 5 rep sets. Hopefully this was due to the headache and doesn’t continue to be an issue.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it would be hard to believe a 500 calorie diet not working for loss but I wonder outside of placebo effect how much difference the HCG could make.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 3
188.2 lbs (-2.6, -2.0 total)

Tried to switch it up a bit and had a piece of chicken for breakfast instead of fruit to see if it would make a difference. Didn't go well. I felt like crap for 20-30 mins then I ended up eating the apple and immediately felt better.

Had a little more "hunger" than yesterday, probably due to wasting a piece of chicken in the morning and trying to spread the rest of my meals out a little more. Energy wasn't great today either. I didn't really feel bad, just lazy and unmotivated.

Day 4
187 lbs (-1.2, -3.2 total)

No issues today. Had an apple for breakfast when I woke up, then after that I just ate whenever I started feeling empty. My allowed food lasted all day and I didn't really feel deprived at all.

Day 5
185.2 lbs (-1.8, -5.0 total)

Hunger was nonexistent today, energy levels were up, and I felt good all day. The only time I even started to feel a little hungry was right after my workout, and that went away before I even got home to eat. I had a piece of chicken when I got home (around 7:00) and that was enough to keep me satisfied for the rest of the night.

Workout:
Bench
140x5
160x5
180x5
195x5 (+1 rep)

Finally got 195x5, but my form went to **** on the 5th rep and I threw my back into it a little too much. I'm at the point where it would have been hard for me to progress even on a normal diet, so I'm going to slow down a bit. Next workout I think the goal will be 200x1-2 then increase by just 1 rep each workout.

Bent over row
100x5
120x5
140x5
160x4 (+1 rep)

My back wasn't really feeling great after the last set of benching, so I didn't manage to get the 5th rep on my top set here. Still added 1 rep so it could have been worse. I've always found it harder to push myself on back exercises than on chest (even when I do them on separate days), not sure if that is normal or not. Still I might try switching up the order at some point and doing rows first to see if it helps.

Smith Squat
105x5 (+10 lbs)
125x5 (+10)
145x5 (+10)
165x2 (+10)

I suck at squatting. I bitched out and didn't go for the 3rd rep. When this diet is over I'm thinking about going to a upper/lower split so I can get in more leg work, which I have kind of been neglecting.

Overall my strength didn't seem low after 5 days of barely eating, but it definitely felt harder to really push myself on my top sets.

Jericho22

Awards
it would be hard to believe a 500 calorie diet not working for loss but I wonder outside of placebo effect how much difference the HCG could make.
I agree completely, and that seems to be the main point that is brought up by people that try to dispute this method. The simple fact that I'm giving myself a shot every morning and have a VERY strict meal plan is definitely making me stick to the protocol every day.

My answer to that question is that I can't imagine eating 500 cals a day and not feeling like I was starving myself. There is no way I could stick to that under normal circumstances. I tried to drop some weight before this by eating around 2000+ cals and I had a hard time dealing with the cravings that would set in when I got hungry.

If I can actually stick to eating 500 calories a day, and not feel hungry, that tells me that the HCG has to be doing something. What is it doing? I have no idea, but that would have to be one hell of a placebo.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 6
185 lbs (-0.2, -5.2 total)

This was the first day my weight didn't drop at least a pound. Not sure if it could have had something to do with the Jack3d or the workout last night, or if that was just a coincidence. I'm not going to worry about it too much unless it happens again tomorrow.

Today was food day at work. That sucked. On a normal diet I would have probably gotten hungry at some point in the day and I may have gone crazy with all the food that was lying around, but I wasn't hungry at all today so it really wasn't an issue.

Day 7
183.4 lbs (-1.6, -6.8 total)

Nice to see a big drop after only being down 0.2 yesterday.

I went over by about 100 calories today because I gave in slightly and had 2 mini muffins instead of the orange I took to work. Need to remember to take an apple next time and maybe this won't happen :bigok:

Normally I wouldn't think much of 100 calories, but in this case that's a 20% increase...we'll see what kind of effect this has when I weight in tomorrow.

And now we're up to date on the log! Today is day 8, I will post results tonight after my workout.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i thought all the HCG diet things were trying to sell people into using HCG orally. im not sure i could survive on 500 calories a day for more than 2 days.

correction, im not sure people around me would survive for more than 2 days if i were to only eat 500 calories a day.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Normally I wouldn't think much of 100 calories, but in this case that's a 20% increase...we'll see what kind of effect this has when I weight in tomorrow.
The other factor is the source those calories are coming from. I wonder how much of a role that plays, as the other carbs you're taking in are from fruit and it also burns off about as many calories to eat that apple as its worth to begin with.

Regardless, good log and good job so far. The great thing is that after the first few days, the hCG will be fully kicked in (probably quicker since you're dosing it higher to boot) and you'll be releasing the fat stores as your energy source, so you won't actually be hungry. The hard part is the mental desire to eat. If you can stay mentally tough, you'll be fine. You'll actually feel pretty good and your workouts won't even suffer.

The hardest part will be getting used to looking flat, too. Beat your ego and you'll do just fine.

Jericho22

Awards
i thought all the HCG diet things were trying to sell people into using HCG orally. im not sure i could survive on 500 calories a day for more than 2 days.

correction, im not sure people around me would survive for more than 2 days if i were to only eat 500 calories a day.
I am using HCG injections, which were used in the original protocol and as far as I know is the only true form of HCG. My understanding is that the drops are some sort of homeopathic mixture which is basically a very very diluted form of HCG. I know there are doctors advertising the method now and a lot of them may very well be marketing the drops because a lot of people will be put off by having to inject anything into themselves every day. Not sure if the drops are effective or not but I wanted to test out the actual method, not just whether or not the drops are BS.

I didn't really explain it in my first post but the whole theory (as Beast mentioned in the last post) is that the HCG makes your body mobilize it's fat stores to use for energy, which greatly diminishes the need for energy from outside calories through food. All I can say is that so far I actually feel good, not like I'm starving myself at all, and I have enough energy to get through my workouts and continue to improve my lifts. Logic says I have to be getting energy from something because there is no way I'm getting it from 500 cals of food.

Jericho22

Awards
Regardless, good log and good job so far. The great thing is that after the first few days, the hCG will be fully kicked in (probably quicker since you're dosing it higher to boot) and you'll be releasing the fat stores as your energy source, so you won't actually be hungry. The hard part is the mental desire to eat. If you can stay mentally tough, you'll be fine. You'll actually feel pretty good and your workouts won't even suffer.
Thanks Beast!

Have you tried this diet before? I ask because all of your advice seems to be spot on and you basically just described exactly how I've been feeling.

You're absolutely right about the mental part being the hardest. Day 1 just the thought of not being able to eat was driving me crazy. If the higher dosing saved me from having to feel like I did on day 1 for a couple more days then it was well worth it, because that was by far the worst I have felt through 8 days. Once I made it through that first day I should be able to make it the rest of the way.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 8
183.2 lbs (-0.2, -7.0 total)

Only down 0.2 pounds today, damn those muffins! Still this is the lowest I've weighed in 3-4 months, after only 7 days on the diet. Can't complain about that.

Had a side of broccoli with my chicken for lunch and I have to say it was delicious. I'm still finding that it works a little better for me mentally to split the meals into smaller, more frequent feedings. I felt a bit empty in between lunch and my pre-wo apple. It was easy enough to deal with, I just found it interesting since I hadn't had this feeling AT ALL for the last several days.

I upped my Jack3d to 2 scoops today and holy crap I had a lot of energy. Now I remember why I love this stuff! Felt great for my workout all the way through, even after my workout I had a lot of energy so I went home and cleaned for an hour.

Bench
140x5
160x5
180x5
200x3 (+5 lbs)

Top set felt great and I was freakin psyched. After the first rep I felt like I just blasted through a huge mental wall. Logically I know it was only a 5 lb increase, just like I've been doing for weeks, but the little bitch in the back of my mind kept remembering how hard it was the last time I put 200 pounds up on the bench (barely got 1 rep with a spotter).

Bent over rows
100x5
120x5
140x5
160x3 (-1 rep?)

I was psyched up from the bench and still had great energy and focus from the Jack3d so I think I've simply reached a plateau here. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the diet since the rest of my workout felt great. I was going for 5 reps but I stopped after 3 because I realized I was jerking the weight way too much. Starting next workout I'm going to drop the weight a bit and go for 8 reps instead of 5. I might take the same approach with squats.

Deadlift
120x5
140x5
160x5
180x5 (+10 lbs)

Deads are still progressing faster than anything else and don't feel really heavy yet. Only issue here was that I felt really light headed after the last couple sets. Felt great during the set but once I dropped the weight I think I just stood up too fast. Need to remember this for next time.

Overall this was as good as I've felt during a workout in a long time so I can't say the diet has had any negative effect in that area. A lot of people (probably some with a lot more training experience than me) have said the same thing in their logs and reviews. Very encouraging day!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't really explain it in my first post but the whole theory (as Beast mentioned in the last post) is that the HCG makes your body mobilize it's fat stores to use for energy, which greatly diminishes the need for energy from outside calories through food. All I can say is that so far I actually feel good, not like I'm starving myself at all, and I have enough energy to get through my workouts and continue to improve my lifts. Logic says I have to be getting energy from something because there is no way I'm getting it from 500 cals of food.

outside of the fact that there is no scientific documentation showing that, or hinting at a mechanism of action that would cause it to do that.... And if you want to quote the orginal study keep in mind that was done with women, who do naturally product HCG during pregnancy so its effects in women would be wildly different than those in men.

Basically the diet is ketogenic in nature as its 50g or less of carbs a day. So both the fat loss + getting energy from stored fat is explained pretty well by that alone. The only thing I can see the HCG doing is raising your testosterone levels and keeping them high even though you have basically no saturated fat intake.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Beast!

Have you tried this diet before? I ask because all of your advice seems to be spot on and you basically just described exactly how I've been feeling.

You're absolutely right about the mental part being the hardest. Day 1 just the thought of not being able to eat was driving me crazy. If the higher dosing saved me from having to feel like I did on day 1 for a couple more days then it was well worth it, because that was by far the worst I have felt through 8 days. Once I made it through that first day I should be able to make it the rest of the way.
I actually did try it for a very short amount of time. I got 8 days in on it at 125iu / day. The reason I stopped was the same reason I cut my last cut (at the start of the new year) short - I started gaining weight lol. I was losing 2 pounds a day for the first 4 days, but after that I stalled out for a couple and then it started going back up. There is no logical explanation for that, as far as I'm concerned, with a 500 calories only being taken in. That being said, I'm glad I at least tried it and I didn't mind it one bit.

I'm waiting to get into an endocrinologist to hopefully find an explanation out as to why my body is reacting the way that it is. I may even try this again after the fact. I'd read two different accounts of bodybuilders specifically utilizing this and having great success.

Another thing you can do, use a little of the zero calorie spray butter on your broccoli ;)

Keep working hard, bro.

Jericho22

Awards
outside of the fact that there is no scientific documentation showing that, or hinting at a mechanism of action that would cause it to do that.... And if you want to quote the orginal study keep in mind that was done with women, who do naturally product HCG during pregnancy so its effects in women would be wildly different than those in men.

Basically the diet is ketogenic in nature as its 50g or less of carbs a day. So both the fat loss + getting energy from stored fat is explained pretty well by that alone. The only thing I can see the HCG doing is raising your testosterone levels and keeping them high even though you have basically no saturated fat intake.
I'm not saying it's true or not, just outlining the theory that's been around for 50+ years. My only point in favor of the theory is that of all the oppositions I have read, I haven't seen anybody that can explain how an active human body can function on 500 calories a day and not feel like crap.

This is the first keto diet I've ever tried, if you want to call it that, so I really don't know a whole lot about how they work. Although after this I'm planning on going to a Primal/Paleo type diet which could easily turn into a type of keto diet if I'm pretty strict with the fruits. Then I can have a better comparison of how this feels as opposed to a normal keto diet.

Jericho22

Awards
I actually did try it for a very short amount of time. I got 8 days in on it at 125iu / day. The reason I stopped was the same reason I cut my last cut (at the start of the new year) short - I started gaining weight lol. I was losing 2 pounds a day for the first 4 days, but after that I stalled out for a couple and then it started going back up. There is no logical explanation for that, as far as I'm concerned, with a 500 calories only being taken in. That being said, I'm glad I at least tried it and I didn't mind it one bit.

I'm waiting to get into an endocrinologist to hopefully find an explanation out as to why my body is reacting the way that it is. I may even try this again after the fact. I'd read two different accounts of bodybuilders specifically utilizing this and having great success.

Another thing you can do, use a little of the zero calorie spray butter on your broccoli ;)

Keep working hard, bro.
That is definitely weird that you could gain weight on 500 calories. I could see maybe going up a little bit for a day or two just due to normal fluctuation but I would think it would have to go back down quickly.

Do you know if it's normal to not lose weight on workout days? I worked out last night and woke up today 0.2 pounds HEAVIER, even after losing only 0.2 pounds yesterday. So today is day 9 and I weighed in exactly the same as I did on day 7 :banghead:

I'll have to see if I can find the stories from the bodybuilders that used this diet, that would definitely be interesting. People that oppose this method always jump to the fact that it was originally used for only obese people.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly I doubt your scale is accurate to .1 lbs to begin with, plus just variation in hydration can be as much as a 2-3 lb difference a day. Thats part of the initial couple days rapid loss by the way, depleting glycogen reserves which also lowers retained water.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats part of the initial couple days rapid loss by the way, depleting glycogen reserves which also lowers retained water.
Definitely this.

That's why I also am not a fan of the way that the diet is popularly marketed, anyway. They want people to do a "gorge" day, which will lend itself to allowing you to rapidly lose a lot of that weight, as well. But yeah, the majority of the weight that comes off so quickly at the beginning is just simply watching your body go flat and losing the glycogen stores.

As far as the bodybuilders using this goes, I just googled hCG and bodybuilding or something generic like that and came across one of the stories that way. The other one was someone I talk to on a personal basis.

Jericho22

Awards
honestly I doubt your scale is accurate to .1 lbs to begin with, plus just variation in hydration can be as much as a 2-3 lb difference a day. Thats part of the initial couple days rapid loss by the way, depleting glycogen reserves which also lowers retained water.
I doubt my scale is accurate at all, much less within 0.1 lb. I wasn't worried about "gaining" 0.2 pounds, I'm just saying that in the last 2 days there hasn't been any significant change.

And I don't know how much water/glycogen you can lose but I was assuming that's where most of the initial weight loss came from. This would be true for any diet though wouldn't it? Hopefully in weeks 2-3 I will see some actual fat loss.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, in a non ketogenic diet where there are enough carbs to be used at least partially as fuel there is less of a water drop (if any). But its pretty common in most diets to see fastest results first 3-5 days.

Jericho22

Awards
well, in a non ketogenic diet where there are enough carbs to be used at least partially as fuel there is less of a water drop (if any). But its pretty common in most diets to see fastest results first 3-5 days.
True, I should have specified that I meant lowering carbs. In my mind when I think of "diet" I generally think of lowering carbs. So many of our unhealthy foods are packed with extreme amounts of carbs that the typical American (especially the obese) probably loses a significant amount of water weight just by switching to a moderate carb, healthy diet. Then of course the weight loss slows down when the water is gone, they quit the diet, and gain the water weight back. I'm just hoping this method is going to do more than dump water weight and show some real progress in the next couple weeks, as it claims it is supposed to.

Jericho22

Awards
That's why I also am not a fan of the way that the diet is popularly marketed, anyway. They want people to do a "gorge" day, which will lend itself to allowing you to rapidly lose a lot of that weight, as well. But yeah, the majority of the weight that comes off so quickly at the beginning is just simply watching your body go flat and losing the glycogen stores.
I agree. Simeons claimed the loading phase was to make sure your "normal" fat stores were full, but I can't help but think it's just to inflate the amount of weight lost by making sure you're holding more water when you start the diet. That's why I'm using my pre-gorge weight as my actual starting weight.

Personally I carry most of my excess weight in my chest and stomach. The only difference I can see in the mirror is when I try to push my stomach out it definitely looks smaller. My chest might look a little flatter but I could just be imagining that.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 9
183.4 lbs (+0.2, -6.8 total)

Felt "empty" again today. Kind of an annoying feeling. Had some sugar free jello which was AWESOME. Going to start taking the Mega-T again tomorrow, it may just be in my head but I swear it helps. I had stopped taking it because I wasn't feeling any "hunger" until the past 2 days and honestly I forgot about it.

2nd day of no significant change in weight. I know some other people have said they didn't always lose weight every day, but would plateau for a couple days then drop 2-3 pounds the next day. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9
183.4 lbs (+0.2, -6.8 total)

Felt "empty" again today. Kind of an annoying feeling. Had some sugar free jello which was AWESOME. Going to start taking the Mega-T again tomorrow, it may just be in my head but I swear it helps. I had stopped taking it because I wasn't feeling any "hunger" until the past 2 days and honestly I forgot about it.

2nd day of no significant change in weight. I know some other people have said they didn't always lose weight every day, but would plateau for a couple days then drop 2-3 pounds the next day. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow...
Stay strong, bro. I'm really interested to see how the next few days play out for you. Day 8 is where I stopped, so you've already made it further than me.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, my wife is wanting to lose about 12 lbs so since a pile of her friends were talking about it she's going to try the HCG diet too

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, my wife is wanting to lose about 12 lbs so since a pile of her friends were talking about it she's going to try the HCG diet too
Is she going to use legit hCG with injections? or the OTC stuff?

Jericho22

Awards
Stay strong, bro. I'm really interested to see how the next few days play out for you. Day 8 is where I stopped, so you've already made it further than me.
No doubt man I'm sticking with this til the end.

I weighed in at 182.4 this morning (day 10) so I'm down another pound. I think I'm going to wait until Sunday to get back to the gym since every time I go it seems to mess with the weight loss. I'm also going to start adding in a little bit of cardio and see if that might get things going.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say guess :D but injected, I have HCG here, I was prescribed it with TRT. At least I believe its possible for the protocol to work with women, as putting the body into a "pregnancy" state makes some sense as far as changing metabolic activity.

Jericho22

Awards
Have either of you read up on how it affects women? Depending on her starting weight she might have to stick with it for a while with slower results. Several of the personal stories I've read from women that had relatively average starting weights (not obese) were saying it takes close to a full 40 day cycle to drop 10 lbs.

I'm not saying this is the case for all women but it might help to keep expectations realistic. An average size woman wanting to lose 15 pounds in less than a month probably isn't going to happen.

Good luck to her if she decides to go with it!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say guess :D but injected, I have HCG here, I was prescribed it with TRT. At least I believe its possible for the protocol to work with women, as putting the body into a "pregnancy" state makes some sense as far as changing metabolic activity.
Haha good. I know you're smart enough, but just didn't know if her choice was the homeopathic style that's being pushed. I hope you'll let us know how her progress goes on it.

I'll say that I think something had to be working since I had great energy on just 500 calories; which normally would not be the case at all (and since I was never "hungry" and just wanted to eat).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, we'll see how it goes. its not like she exercises at all, so the weight loss probably wont be all that fast. plenty of HCG to do it repeatedly though if necessary. We'll see how it affects her moodwise too, as she was pretty happy during her pregnancies

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We'll see how it affects her moodwise too, as she was pretty happy during her pregnancies
That could be really awesome if it turned out to enhance her mood.

And in women, I don't know how much the exercise factor would play in. I think it's fine, really. I know I wasn't doing any cardio and others I'd talked to who ran it didn't recommend it. In fact, I wouldn't even lift if it weren't to preserve muscle. That's why lifting heavy and hard, get in, get out seemed to be the logical choice to keep muscle preserved and strength up (and extra BCAAs where I could sneak them in, too).

bayboi

Awards
i was thinking of getting on the hcg to drop some pounds fast going to be watching your log so i can see if it will help me drop weight good luck

Jericho22

Awards
Day 10
182.4 lbs (-1.0, -7.8 total)

Felt good today. Finally dropped a pound after 2 days of nothing. My pants felt noticeably looser and I went a notch smaller on my belt, which was the first real physical change I've been able to see.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10
182.4 lbs (-1.0, -7.8 total)

Felt good today. Finally dropped a pound after 2 days of nothing. My pants felt noticeably looser and I went a notch smaller on my belt, which was the first real physical change I've been able to see.
Good deal, bro!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So in what I looked at from Simeons original study with women they used 125iu, so that's what I started my wife at today.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So in what I looked at from Simeons original study with women they used 125iu, so that's what I started my wife at today.
Keep us posted.

That's what I used as well. 5,000iu mixed into 20mL bacteriostatic water for 50cc/day.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 11
181.8 (-0.6, -8.4 total)

Physically I'm still feeling good and I don't have any real hunger, but I'm starting to go insane from thinking about all the food I can't eat. I've never thought about food this much when I wasn't hungry.

Tomorrow I'm going out for lunch with the family for my sister's birthday. I can't get out of it and I would go crazy sitting there not eating, so we're going to see how much of an effect one cheat meal has on this diet.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11
181.8 (-0.6, -8.4 total)

Physically I'm still feeling good and I don't have any real hunger, but I'm starting to go insane from thinking about all the food I can't eat. I've never thought about food this much when I wasn't hungry.

Tomorrow I'm going out for lunch with the family for my sister's birthday. I can't get out of it and I would go crazy sitting there not eating, so we're going to see how much of an effect one cheat meal has on this diet.
Like I said, the mental part is the battle, that's for sure.

I went out to lunch with co-workers several times and didn't eat. They understand how I diet for training, though.

Jericho22

Awards
Day 12
180.6 lbs (-1.2, -9.6 total)

Felt great today physically and mentally. I felt like a whiny little bitch yesterday but seeing that scale drop again this morning really kicked my willpower back into gear.

I still let myself indulge at lunch instead of having my normal chicken & broccoli, but I managed to limit the damage to a small plate of 3 boneless wings and a few appetizers. Normally I wouldn't have considered this to be more than a little snack, but it did wonders for satisfying my cravings and kept me full for the rest of the afternoon. Diet was perfect for the rest of the day.

My workout tonight was solid but not quite as intense as last time so most of my weights stayed the same. I'm sure nobody cares about my specific numbers so I'll just keep those to my little gym notepad. The main point I wanted to make is that as a beginner doing compound lifts 2x per week I'm still able to slowly but surely add weight to the bar.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12
180.6 lbs (-1.2, -9.6 total)

Felt great today physically and mentally. I felt like a whiny little bitch yesterday but seeing that scale drop again this morning really kicked my willpower back into gear.

I still let myself indulge at lunch instead of having my normal chicken & broccoli, but I managed to limit the damage to a small plate of 3 boneless wings and a few appetizers. Normally I wouldn't have considered this to be more than a little snack, but it did wonders for satisfying my cravings and kept me full for the rest of the afternoon. Diet was perfect for the rest of the day.

My workout tonight was solid but not quite as intense as last time so most of my weights stayed the same. I'm sure nobody cares about my specific numbers so I'll just keep those to my little gym notepad. The main point I wanted to make is that as a beginner doing compound lifts 2x per week I'm still able to slowly but surely add weight to the bar.
Congrats, buddy! I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you. On top of that, I'm very impressed at your ability to control yourself while you were out - good job.

I'm in your corner cheering for you, man.

bayboi

Awards
how much weight do you plan on losing ? my problem areas are the normal stomach love handles & thighs but ive seen people after this diet they lose weight but they dont look healthy look kinda sick and i dont want to look like that so i dont know if this route will work for me i just want to drop weight lose some fat but still look solid as for you keep up the good work

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how much weight do you plan on losing ? my problem areas are the normal stomach love handles & thighs but ive seen people after this diet they lose weight but they dont look healthy look kinda sick and i dont want to look like that so i dont know if this route will work for me i just want to drop weight lose some fat but still look solid as for you keep up the good work
I would personally say that for anyone this should be sort of a last resort when it comes to fat-loss.

I think a solid diet and training plan, losing 1-2 pounds/week is way better for you. However, for those that have trouble with it, I think this could be a viable alternative. We also haven't seen that many instances of bodybuilders or those who have some level of muscle and are not just simply obese using this method. I think the more that we see people in these situations using it, we'll have a much better way of telling its effectiveness.

Pika

Awards
Sorry can i ask , how the heck to you get rid of love handles?? Lol i mean i aint got them bad boy no means but i have um so?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry can i ask , how the heck to you get rid of love handles?? Lol i mean i aint got them bad boy no means but i have um so?
Just by lowering bodyfat even lower than it already is. Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. I do like side planks, though, and weighted side crunches, holding a dumbell on the lower back extension bench.

Pika

Awards
Oh right i do ball cruchin and dumbells to my sides aswell .. When you say side planks do you mean it as insted of fat you like it if its hard?

Can i ask how much cardio should people do? I do 10mins before workout

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh right i do ball cruchin and dumbells to my sides aswell .. When you say side planks do you mean it as insted of fat you like it if its hard?

Can i ask how much cardio should people do? I do 10mins before workout
This is what I mean by side planks:

And there's no blanket answer for how much cardio to do. Nutrition is going to be 99% of what gets your body the look you want. But if you're doing cardio for fat loss, I'd recommend doing it after lifting, not before, or ideally as an entirely separate workout (e.g. lift in the morning, cardio in the evening).