Jericho's HCG Diet Log!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Well, my wife is wanting to lose about 12 lbs so since a pile of her friends were talking about it she's going to try the HCG diet too
    Have either of you read up on how it affects women? Depending on her starting weight she might have to stick with it for a while with slower results. Several of the personal stories I've read from women that had relatively average starting weights (not obese) were saying it takes close to a full 40 day cycle to drop 10 lbs.

I'm not saying this is the case for all women but it might help to keep expectations realistic. An average size woman wanting to lose 15 pounds in less than a month probably isn't going to happen.

Good luck to her if she decides to go with it!

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'd say guess but injected, I have HCG here, I was prescribed it with TRT. At least I believe its possible for the protocol to work with women, as putting the body into a "pregnancy" state makes some sense as far as changing metabolic activity.
    Haha good. I know you're smart enough, but just didn't know if her choice was the homeopathic style that's being pushed. I hope you'll let us know how her progress goes on it.

I'll say that I think something had to be working since I had great energy on just 500 calories; which normally would not be the case at all (and since I was never "hungry" and just wanted to eat).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep
    •   

3. Never enough

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. its not like she exercises at all, so the weight loss probably wont be all that fast. plenty of HCG to do it repeatedly though if necessary. We'll see how it affects her moodwise too, as she was pretty happy during her pregnancies
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

4. Great info
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

We'll see how it affects her moodwise too, as she was pretty happy during her pregnancies
    That could be really awesome if it turned out to enhance her mood.

And in women, I don't know how much the exercise factor would play in. I think it's fine, really. I know I wasn't doing any cardio and others I'd talked to who ran it didn't recommend it. In fact, I wouldn't even lift if it weren't to preserve muscle. That's why lifting heavy and hard, get in, get out seemed to be the logical choice to keep muscle preserved and strength up (and extra BCAAs where I could sneak them in, too).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    AnabolicMinds Rep

6. i was thinking of getting on the hcg to drop some pounds fast going to be watching your log so i can see if it will help me drop weight good luck

7. Day 10
    182.4 lbs (-1.0, -7.8 total)

Felt good today. Finally dropped a pound after 2 days of nothing. My pants felt noticeably looser and I went a notch smaller on my belt, which was the first real physical change I've been able to see.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho22 View Post
    Day 10
    182.4 lbs (-1.0, -7.8 total)

Felt good today. Finally dropped a pound after 2 days of nothing. My pants felt noticeably looser and I went a notch smaller on my belt, which was the first real physical change I've been able to see.
    Good deal, bro!
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  9. Never enough

So in what I looked at from Simeons original study with women they used 125iu, so that's what I started my wife at today.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

So in what I looked at from Simeons original study with women they used 125iu, so that's what I started my wife at today.
    Keep us posted.

That's what I used as well. 5,000iu mixed into 20mL bacteriostatic water for 50cc/day.
    AnabolicMinds Rep
    •   

11. Day 11
    181.8 (-0.6, -8.4 total)

Physically I'm still feeling good and I don't have any real hunger, but I'm starting to go insane from thinking about all the food I can't eat. I've never thought about food this much when I wasn't hungry.

Tomorrow I'm going out for lunch with the family for my sister's birthday. I can't get out of it and I would go crazy sitting there not eating, so we're going to see how much of an effect one cheat meal has on this diet.
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Day 11
    181.8 (-0.6, -8.4 total)

Physically I'm still feeling good and I don't have any real hunger, but I'm starting to go insane from thinking about all the food I can't eat. I've never thought about food this much when I wasn't hungry.

Tomorrow I'm going out for lunch with the family for my sister's birthday. I can't get out of it and I would go crazy sitting there not eating, so we're going to see how much of an effect one cheat meal has on this diet.
    Like I said, the mental part is the battle, that's for sure.

I went out to lunch with co-workers several times and didn't eat. They understand how I diet for training, though.
    AnabolicMinds Rep

13. Day 12
    180.6 lbs (-1.2, -9.6 total)

Felt great today physically and mentally. I felt like a whiny little bitch yesterday but seeing that scale drop again this morning really kicked my willpower back into gear.

I still let myself indulge at lunch instead of having my normal chicken & broccoli, but I managed to limit the damage to a small plate of 3 boneless wings and a few appetizers. Normally I wouldn't have considered this to be more than a little snack, but it did wonders for satisfying my cravings and kept me full for the rest of the afternoon. Diet was perfect for the rest of the day.

My workout tonight was solid but not quite as intense as last time so most of my weights stayed the same. I'm sure nobody cares about my specific numbers so I'll just keep those to my little gym notepad. The main point I wanted to make is that as a beginner doing compound lifts 2x per week I'm still able to slowly but surely add weight to the bar.
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Day 12
    180.6 lbs (-1.2, -9.6 total)

Felt great today physically and mentally. I felt like a whiny little bitch yesterday but seeing that scale drop again this morning really kicked my willpower back into gear.

I still let myself indulge at lunch instead of having my normal chicken & broccoli, but I managed to limit the damage to a small plate of 3 boneless wings and a few appetizers. Normally I wouldn't have considered this to be more than a little snack, but it did wonders for satisfying my cravings and kept me full for the rest of the afternoon. Diet was perfect for the rest of the day.

My workout tonight was solid but not quite as intense as last time so most of my weights stayed the same. I'm sure nobody cares about my specific numbers so I'll just keep those to my little gym notepad. The main point I wanted to make is that as a beginner doing compound lifts 2x per week I'm still able to slowly but surely add weight to the bar.
    Congrats, buddy! I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you. On top of that, I'm very impressed at your ability to control yourself while you were out - good job.

I'm in your corner cheering for you, man.
    AnabolicMinds Rep

15. how much weight do you plan on losing ? my problem areas are the normal stomach love handles & thighs but ive seen people after this diet they lose weight but they dont look healthy look kinda sick and i dont want to look like that so i dont know if this route will work for me i just want to drop weight lose some fat but still look solid as for you keep up the good work
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bayboi View Post
    how much weight do you plan on losing ? my problem areas are the normal stomach love handles & thighs but ive seen people after this diet they lose weight but they dont look healthy look kinda sick and i dont want to look like that so i dont know if this route will work for me i just want to drop weight lose some fat but still look solid as for you keep up the good work
    I would personally say that for anyone this should be sort of a last resort when it comes to fat-loss.

I think a solid diet and training plan, losing 1-2 pounds/week is way better for you. However, for those that have trouble with it, I think this could be a viable alternative. We also haven't seen that many instances of bodybuilders or those who have some level of muscle and are not just simply obese using this method. I think the more that we see people in these situations using it, we'll have a much better way of telling its effectiveness.
    AnabolicMinds Rep

17. Sorry can i ask , how the heck to you get rid of love handles?? Lol i mean i aint got them bad boy no means but i have um so?
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    Sorry can i ask , how the heck to you get rid of love handles?? Lol i mean i aint got them bad boy no means but i have um so?
    Just by lowering bodyfat even lower than it already is. Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. I do like side planks, though, and weighted side crunches, holding a dumbell on the lower back extension bench.
    AnabolicMinds Rep

19. Oh right i do ball cruchin and dumbells to my sides aswell .. When you say side planks do you mean it as insted of fat you like it if its hard?

Can i ask how much cardio should people do? I do 10mins before workout
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    Oh right i do ball cruchin and dumbells to my sides aswell .. When you say side planks do you mean it as insted of fat you like it if its hard?

Can i ask how much cardio should people do? I do 10mins before workout
    This is what I mean by side planks:

And there's no blanket answer for how much cardio to do. Nutrition is going to be 99% of what gets your body the look you want. But if you're doing cardio for fat loss, I'd recommend doing it after lifting, not before, or ideally as an entirely separate workout (e.g. lift in the morning, cardio in the evening).
    AnabolicMinds Rep

21. Oh right .. That link wont work lol

22. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Congrats, buddy! I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you. On top of that, I'm very impressed at your ability to control yourself while you were out - good job.

I'm in your corner cheering for you, man.
    Thanks bro!

The lack of any physical hunger makes it pretty easy to handle the cravings as long as you're in the right state of mind. After nibbling on a small plate I really just didn't want any more food because I wasn't hungry.

23. Quote Originally Posted by bayboi View Post
    how much weight do you plan on losing ? my problem areas are the normal stomach love handles & thighs but ive seen people after this diet they lose weight but they dont look healthy look kinda sick and i dont want to look like that so i dont know if this route will work for me i just want to drop weight lose some fat but still look solid as for you keep up the good work
    I'm hoping to get down to 175 by the end of this cycle. After that I'll probably try to drop another 5-10 lbs with healthy diet and exercise. A lot of people use multiple cycles of HCG to try to drop weight but I have no intention of doing more than one. Most of those people that run it multiple times have a lot more weight to lose than I did, though.

Beast is right that healthy diet and exercise is probably the best way to lose weight, and it's definitely the best way to keep the weight off. I'm hoping to use the HCG cycle as a launching point into a healthier style of weight loss.

If you're seriously considering the HCG diet I can't say right now that I'm in favor of it or that I'm against it, but I would recommend that you do as much research as you can on the subject and decide if you think it's right for you. Take my log for what it's worth, one anecdotal story that (so far) is having good results.

24. Pika, no offense but the things you're asking about are sort of general aspects of weight loss/fitness and not really what the conversation in this thread is about. You would probably find a lot more helpful information by using the search function and doing a little research.

25. Almost forgot to post my weigh-in...

Day 13

180.8 lbs (+0.2, -9.4 total)

Basically no change this morning. I'll take that as a trade-off for going over on cals yesterday.

Realized today that I can fit an entire day's worth of food in my lunch box lol. Makes it really easy to plan my meals on the go so at least I have no excuse to not follow the plan.

Only 10 days to go!

26. Yh your right sorry bro ....
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Almost forgot to post my weigh-in...

Day 13

180.8 lbs (+0.2, -9.4 total)

Basically no change this morning. I'll take that as a trade-off for going over on cals yesterday.

Realized today that I can fit an entire day's worth of food in my lunch box lol. Makes it really easy to plan my meals on the go so at least I have no excuse to not follow the plan.

Only 10 days to go!
    That was one nice thing when going to work - SO easy to handle the food. Not to mention, your grocery bill for a while is dirt cheap lol. If it gets some more research and proves to continue being effective, it's honestly one of the cheapest ways to cut weight out there. Again, I would NOT recommend this as an early resort, though.

10 more days! You got this, bud!
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  28. Never enough

Thanks bro!

The lack of any physical hunger makes it pretty easy to handle the cravings as long as you're in the right state of mind. After nibbling on a small plate I really just didn't want any more food because I wasn't hungry.
    of course, the physical hunger drops after 3-4 days on any diet, and the coffee for breakfast tends to curb hunger, and having a full tomato and apple also gives a lot of fill factor for very little calories....

My wife is down somewhere just about 3lbs now today being day 4
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

29. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I would personally say that for anyone this should be sort of a last resort when it comes to fat-loss.

I think a solid diet and training plan, losing 1-2 pounds/week is way better for you. However, for those that have trouble with it, I think this could be a viable alternative. We also haven't seen that many instances of bodybuilders or those who have some level of muscle and are not just simply obese using this method. I think the more that we see people in these situations using it, we'll have a much better way of telling its effectiveness.
    ok you said bodybuilders use it also? but bodybuilders eat alot do they drop down to the 500 calorie a day diet also ??

30. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    That was one nice thing when going to work - SO easy to handle the food. Not to mention, your grocery bill for a while is dirt cheap lol. If it gets some more research and proves to continue being effective, it's honestly one of the cheapest ways to cut weight out there. Again, I would NOT recommend this as an early resort, though.

10 more days! You got this, bud!
    No joke dude, my grocery bills were getting to be ridiculous. Even on a short cycle I'm saving more on groceries than the $75 it cost for the HCG + supplies.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jericho's HCG Diet Log! Round 2
    By Jericho22 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM
  2. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
  3. Great Fat loss diet? The Lemonade Diet
    By Technics in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:09 PM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 04:48 AM