Meal Replacements

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys-

I am cutting soon and since im on the road alot I was looking at getting a meal replacement for those times when I have to eat on the road. My first thought was Quest Protein bars but they are a little too expensive, then my next thought was Solution 5 but thats d/c. What do you guys take? Anything affordable would be more ideal.

Torq

Torq

Awards
^^^hey buddy,
I'm still pretty new at this, but maybe someone will correct if I'm wrong. I like to eat almonds about 30pcs. per serving and some string cheese made with fat free milk, with 16oz. of water to give you that full feeling. This should be a sufficient amount of protien, carb, & healthy fatts combo for an on-the-go meal. But like I said I'm still pretty new with actually paying attention to what I'm eating so maybe someone else will give you better advice then I. its just my .02$ tho!!! Hope I've helped.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
make chicken!!! cut it up and put it in a baggy and take it with you the next day. u can eat piece by piece when u get hungry and its lean quality protein. something else u can pre cook the day before are egg whites (boiled)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
make chicken!!! cut it up and put it in a baggy and take it with you the next day. u can eat piece by piece when u get hungry and its lean quality protein. something else u can pre cook the day before are egg whites (boiled)
I could try to make my food but its more of a time issue then anything im usually gone all day come home go to bed then start all over again.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bud, check into NTBM Better protein bars. All natural and you can choose if you want them sugar free or made with honey or however you want.. They taste amazing and the standard recipe is around 400cals and 30g protein a bar..Tons of recipes on ntbm forums as well. Alot of flavors to choose from too.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bud, check into NTBM Better protein bars. All natural and you can choose if you want them sugar free or made with honey or however you want.. They taste amazing and the standard recipe is around 400cals and 30g protein a bar..Tons of recipes on ntbm forums as well. Alot of flavors to choose from too.

Yeh I agree. There are a lot of flavors, and a lot of different ways to prepare them to meet whatever caloric needs you may have whether its total cals or protein or whatever....good stuff!!:banana:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So how exactly does making these bars work? Can you make these bars have a monster amount of cals? Like 700+? Just curious.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So how exactly does making these bars work? Can you make these bars have a monster amount of cals? Like 700+? Just curious.
For sure, you could add either more whey protein, more oats, more PB, more honey, raw eggs..... List goes on, get creative with them. You can make them massive bars or cut alot out and make them diet friendly. ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For sure, you could add either more whey protein, more oats, more PB, more honey, raw eggs..... List goes on, get creative with them. You can make them massive bars or cut alot out and make them diet friendly. ;)
That's the great thing about them. There are a lot of recipes to make them how you want!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
That's pretty sweet!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of different options to fit any diet!! :)

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I'd say that if the diet isn't working for you now... change it! This would be a great opportunity to try out the Intermittent Fasting! It should work swell for you! I'm currently using it and loving it! I'm currently on 18-20 hours of fasting each day, from around 22.00 to 16.00, then I do my heavy lifting and after that I'll eat high quality food until I can't eat more! It was really really easy to adapt to that diet, in fact, my cutting have never gone so good and easy as it has with this diet.

Just google Intermittent Fasting and you'll get some good hits to read up about it!

My 2 cents!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far as an actual meal replacement that is convenient and tastes good, I really like Labrada Lean Body Breakfast shakes.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far as an actual meal replacement that is convenient and tastes good, I really like Labrada Lean Body Breakfast shakes.

There are times when i do shakes as well. I use the Lean Body Breakfast shakes if it is breakfast, if not the lean body low carb meal replacement for snack or the ready to go bottles from Labrada as a snack on the way home.

rezakhan

Awards
You may not got for this but I always take 2 raw eggs, take one yolk out and mix them in a protein shake I always use that as my "ready to go meal"

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are times when i do shakes as well. I use the Lean Body Breakfast shakes if it is breakfast, if not the lean body low carb meal replacement for snack or the ready to go bottles from Labrada as a snack on the way home.
I like those too. The Blueberry Muffin and Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal are so good! I didn't like the Bananas and Cream so much though. I actually have a Labrada RTD in my fridge now for when I'm rushed and want something fast...that and I already have it.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better protein bar for me! A great meal replacement.

badjuju

Awards
Try the RTD Monster Milk by Cytosport. The Cookies and Cream is actually delicious. It's like a treat to me on a cut, and it's 330cal 45g protein, 15g carbs.

I also like Cliff Builder bars while on the run. They have a good variety of flavors (vanilla almond and lemon are my favorites) I swear their chocolate mint tastes like thin mint girl scout cookies. They're 270cals, 30g carbs, 20g protein.

I use both of these pretty regularly because I travel a good amount for work and they've been a savior for staying healthy on the run.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say that if the diet isn't working for you now... change it! This would be a great opportunity to try out the Intermittent Fasting! It should work swell for you! I'm currently using it and loving it! I'm currently on 18-20 hours of fasting each day, from around 22.00 to 16.00, then I do my heavy lifting and after that I'll eat high quality food until I can't eat more! It was really really easy to adapt to that diet, in fact, my cutting have never gone so good and easy as it has with this diet.

Just google Intermittent Fasting and you'll get some good hits to read up about it!

My 2 cents!
I'm doing IF right now and better protein bars are a great way to add in a nice tasty 400 Cal's on the higher Cal workout days. Makes getting in 3500 in 8 hrs much easier!!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BPB on hand always! :food:

I always have a big bag of the smokehouse almonds & beef jerky.. Perfect meal replacement and damn tasty! Add a diet cola to that as well :D

superlift

superlift

Awards
Neither of those are bad choices for substituting a meal. I personally. Try and eat as many whole meals as much as possible. Both of those shakes do sound pretty tasty tho.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
blender add in:
1 banana
25g oatmeal
50g whey
2tbs peanutbutter or 2-3 oz olive oil
and blend n bottle

amandabaileys

amandabaileys

Awards
Those bars are really good! I love them.