General CKD questions

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
In all seriousness, you would be better off using a 40/40/20 split diet but if you are going to do this the CKD way here are some tips:

1. Stick to the calories requirements in the book. You might think its excessive but its not. If you did a basic calorie requirement calculation for your bodyweight, it would be around 4500 calories. Depeding on previous history, workout plan, daily activity, diet and bf% that would be adjusted even further

2. ALWAYS limit saturated fat, peroid. ;)

3. The protein sparing effect of ketosis is highly overrated. Even Lyle will agree and states this in UD2. There is no need to stay in ketosis.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I tihnk its better for long term goals because you generally eat more food, its less restrictive and its easier to adjust down the road. I also find people go overboard on their refeeds which halts progress.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tihnk its better for long term goals because you generally eat more food, its less restrictive and its easier to adjust down the road. I also find people go overboard on their refeeds which halts progress.
Weren't you a big anti-carb, CKD advocate back in the day, bobo? When/why did the change of preference from ckd to 40/40/20 come about?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I still like them and think they have their place but when it coems to overall feeling and results (as in getting very low bf%) I like more carb based diets much better. I would say about 6 months agi I started to really change my mind. I just didn't tell anyone :D