Is this an acceptable recipe for whole wheat pizza dough?

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
1 cup warm water
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine the water, yeast, and all-purpose flour in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the whole-wheat flour, oil, and salt. With hands or a large wooden spoon, work the ingredients together until the dough holds its shape. You may need a bit less flour, so add the whole-wheat flour gradually.
Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic, 5 minutes. If the dough becomes sticky while you are kneading it, sprinkle a bit more all-purpose flour over it.
Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled 2-quart bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, and let the dough rest until it has doubled in size, 1 hour.
When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two or more parts , and roll them into balls. Cover them with a towel and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. The dough is now ready to be shaped, topped and cooked.

I can handle the cravings, but the wife is on my case about how all we eat is chicken and steak. Before she flips and orders Dominos before I get home I want to make this to calm her down. Look ok?

cctez

Board Supporter
Awards
We make lots of pizza at home. That looks okay, but you could use even more whole wheat flour in exchange for the white flour.

I think that the wheat dough is tough to roll out, but tastes pretty good once it's cooked. So seperate your dough into small rounds before rolling it out.

It's still hard to beat a real pizza craving though. Why not order a small pizza from Dominos so that you and your wife can have a nice couple slices but not kill your diet by pigging out? I tell you, I've got to have a real slice of pizza every once in a while....I love it!!!

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
California Pizza Kitchen uses whole wheat dough for their pizzas and it puts the others to shame.

cctez

Board Supporter
Awards
California Pizza Kitchen uses whole wheat dough for their pizzas and it puts the others to shame.

Are you positive? I have eaten there many times and their pizza definitely has that cracker like crust, which is tough to produce if you are using using 100% whole wheat flour.