FENUGREEK FOR FATLOSS

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Interesting read. I would be interested in finding out the actual mechanism behind the increase of insulin sensitivity. Hopefully future studies will be preformed. I noticed that the source was from 2008. Has anyone, found any more recent studies? I haven't been able to locate any.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's due to a specific component called 4-OHI (4-hydroxyisoleucine).

snuggy

Awards
Health benefits of fenugreek

A good home remedy for weight loss is fenugreek seeds. You can soak 10 gm of fenugreek seeds at night in a cup of water and chew them in the morning on an empty stomach with the water. Similarly soak another 10 gm of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water in the morning and consume those 30 minutes before having dinner.

Fenugreeks seeds have fiber in it which when consumed tend to swell in the stomach and give a feeling of satiety and thus you will consume less of other fatty foods in your meal.

Balances cholesterol
Treats diabetes, controls sugar levels

Side effects
Gastrointestinal discomfort like diarrhea or gas
Skin irritation and rashes

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
High doses of fenugreek can also aggravate gyno. I believe that it can actually cause gyno. Do some research.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on the extract.

We just located synthetic 4-OH isoleucine and are now pricing it into doing an upgrade to the SlinSane product.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Have done research, wasn't sure who that question was aimed at. I was asking about its insulin sensitivity mechanism.

Yes fenugreek is a galactagogue, but I've never experienced any negative side effects with its usage.

As its been stated the specific extract, coupled with dosage and the individual (subjective) are the casual variables relating to fenugreek and "gyno."