Heart rate , fat burning zone watch calorie burner counter anyone ever use these?

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Heart rate , fat burning zone watch calorie burner counter anyone ever use these?

There was one it was nice it was 52.00 showed target zones for fat burning heart rate monitor, calorie counter and other things, has anyone used these before or any thoughts on these?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

There was one it was nice it was 52.00 showed target zones for fat burning heart rate monitor, calorie counter and other things, has anyone used these before or any thoughts on these?
Forget about the ‘Fat Burning Zone’; it does not matter what fuel you use during cardio, as your body will burn other substrates during the rest of the day (i.e. if you burn fat during cardio it will use CHO the rest of the day, and vice versa) (Norton, 2005).

A brief article on why high intensity cardio is better than low intensity cardio for fat loss - The Cardio Debate For Fat Loss: High Intensity versus Low Intensity.

~Rosie~

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
HOw important to know where your heart rate is? I am going on my first cut and trying to lose weight, so I saw these watches and wondered how good they where i actually almost bought one rang it up 52.oo and i said uh never mind. lol looked it up on amazon for 30. and maybe cheaper on ebay

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HOw important to know where your heart rate is? I am going on my first cut and trying to lose weight, so I saw these watches and wondered how good they where i actually almost bought one rang it up 52.oo and i said uh never mind. lol looked it up on amazon for 30. and maybe cheaper on ebay
As a former competitive athlete, I trained on heart rate and it was very important, since going hard all the time is not ideal, and there are specific phases and training to be done at certain times (I actually have a couple of heart rate monitors, running in the hundreds re cost).

However, for the individual who is not an athlete and not looking to better athletic performance, or the individual who has a health condition and needs to monitor their heart rate and blood pressure, training based on heart rate is kind of irrelevant. It can be useful to know what your heart rate is, but it's not necessary, and people can get too caught up in "zones" - which, honestly, are really more for athletes, IMO - and don't end up doing very effective training sessions at all.

~Rosie~

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forget about the ‘Fat Burning Zone’; it does not matter what fuel you use during cardio, as your body will burn other substrates during the rest of the day (i.e. if you burn fat during cardio it will use CHO the rest of the day, and vice versa) (Norton, 2005).

A brief article on why high intensity cardio is better than low intensity cardio for fat loss - The Cardio Debate For Fat Loss: High Intensity versus Low Intensity.

~Rosie~
I've read so many different studies on low verse high intensity cardio. Some saying that high intensity is better other low is better. Most pros will say low intensity is better. I do intervals half the time and low intensity the other time. When I do high intensity I feel loss muscle mass over fat and since I recently switched to low intensity and the fat is falling off.

Everyone is different and not all calories are equal that goes for diet and cardio.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read so many different studies on low verse high intensity cardio. Some saying that high intensity is better other low is better. Most pros will say low intensity is better. I do intervals half the time and low intensity the other time. When I do high intensity I feel loss muscle mass over fat and since I recently switched to low intensity and the fat is falling off.

Everyone is different and not all calories are equal that goes for diet and cardio.
Everyone is definitely different, yes, and so should do what works best for them, as well as what is most convenient. Most individuals do a mix of both, alternating days between intensities, especially since high intensity cardio if done correctly elicits similar effects to resistance training, and therefore one should ideally have a day between such sessions. At the end of the day, fat loss is going to happen if predominantly NUTRITION is targeted at fat loss for the individual.

From personal experience, I can achieve fat loss either way. However, I definitely prefer shorter, more intense sessions to longer, boring ones where the pace is so slow I may as well not even be bothering with it, especially since I have a very high threshold for high intensity training. As a benefit, my fitness and athletic performance definitely concurrently improves with high intensity cardio.

At the end of the day, what type of cardio one does is highly likely going to be based more on personal preference than anything.

As far as you noticing muscle loss when you do high intensity training - if this is occurring then you are not eating enough to cover that energy expenditure, period, since there is no reason for muscle loss with high intensity cardio, whether aiming for fat loss or muscle accretion.

~Rosie~

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Thank you both for your intelligent answers, I think I will try that i heart rate and low and see how i feel.

Jacked.N.Tan

Jacked.N.Tan

Awards
it all depends what your macros are. if youre keto u dont wanna be doing hiit twice a day youre gonna go pretty catabolic. with liss u take use oxidative phosphorylation in which youre burning up fat for fuel which takes about 20min at least for the body to start. but i doubt u switch from fat to carbs for resting energy the rest of the day. im sure she got that wrong. doesnt sound something layne norton would say and i think thats who she quoted. but once you take in carbohydrate after cardio the oxidative phosphorylation stops and you go back to using fat for energy at a rested state and the brain still uses glucose. but all in all like rose said nutrition is what causes fat loss

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Wow there is really alot of science behind weight loss I guess the average person never thinks of all that.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you both for your intelligent answers, I think I will try that i heart rate and low and see how i feel.
No worries :)

it all depends what your macros are. if youre keto u dont wanna be doing hiit twice a day youre gonna go pretty catabolic. with liss u take use oxidative phosphorylation in which youre burning up fat for fuel which takes about 20min at least for the body to start. but i doubt u switch from fat to carbs for resting energy the rest of the day. im sure she got that wrong. doesnt sound something layne norton would say and i think thats who she quoted. but once you take in carbohydrate after cardio the oxidative phosphorylation stops and you go back to using fat for energy at a rested state and the brain still uses glucose. but all in all like rose said nutrition is what causes fat loss
Nope, did not get it wrong. I can quote the extract of Layne's article where he mentioned it if you disbelieve.

Wow there is really alot of science behind weight loss I guess the average person never thinks of all that.
Not really. Just depends on whether you want weight loss (which is easy) or fat loss (which is also easy, but depends how lean you want to be).

~Rosie~