1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Strength gains = no muscle lost?

I think this is wrong, but I was wondering if if I'm still making gains in the gym during a cut if that means I'm not losing lean mass. The reason I think I could still be losing lean mass is because 1) I'm not taking T and 2) strength is not just a hypertrophic issue but has a neuromuscular/axonal potentiation and fiber recruitment side to it. So I could be maximizing the latter stuff while slowly loosing mass.

In the end it doesn't really matter, since what matters most to me is my strength. I was just curious if strength gains were a sign of not loosing muscle in a cut.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I think this is wrong, but I was wondering if if I'm still making gains in the gym during a cut if that means I'm not losing lean mass. The reason I think I could still be losing lean mass is because 1) I'm not taking T and 2) strength is not just a hypertrophic issue but has a neuromuscular/axonal potentiation and fiber recruitment side to it. So I could be maximizing the latter stuff while slowly loosing mass.

In the end it doesn't really matter, since what matters most to me is my strength. I was just curious if strength gains were a sign of not loosing muscle in a cut.
    You can continue to make gains in strength when losing bodyfat. Gaining strength does not always mean maintenance of or gains in lean mass - you can lose lean mass (remember that lean mass includes EVERYTHING in your body that is NOT bodyfat!) and maintain or make gains in strength. It is possible that even if you ARE losing lean mass, that lean mass is not muscle, yes.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

in simpler terms, yes, it is possibly to get stronger, and loose muscle. it's also possible that you aren't loosing mass.

only way to be sure about something like that is to get a dexa scan.

If you are worried about this, maybe look into using something like 7-spray to help prevent muscle catabolism.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Didn't really want to get into semantics, but I see your point Rosie, and it makes sense.

As for the 7 spray, I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip. I'm not terribly worried about muscle catabolism as much as strength loss. I was just curious.

Anyways thanks for responding guys
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Didn't really want to get into semantics, but I see your point Rosie, and it makes sense.

As for the 7 spray, I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip. I'm not terribly worried about muscle catabolism as much as strength loss. I was just curious.

Anyways thanks for responding guys
    No worries
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ph strength lost ?
    By Layddually in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
  2. Why did my PCT fail me? Lost 90% gains.
    By DenDestroys in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 04:12 PM
  3. strenght gains without musclegain...lost gains?
    By houston1 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 03:14 AM
  4. Lost All Gains during PCT..HELP
    By MizXXL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM
  5. M1T PCT...Lost All of My Gains
    By sabitu in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 03:05 PM