first cut, got a few questions

hodji killer

Awards
Ok guys here are my stats, goals, and questions. Im 31 220lbs at 23 per bf.
Im benching 300 and my arms are 17.5 inch. my work out is going to be four day split. Il bee doing tri sets and 40min cardio with abs every day. nutrition will be a 500 cal deficit. My goal is to get to 10 per body fat sometime around july. Is it better to split my cardio and weight training, like one in the morning and one in the evening or use the cardio for a warm up before weight training? What are some good recomended fat burners that wont eat my muscle? Thanx for your help. Bulking is sooooo much easier.:usa2:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok guys here are my stats, goals, and questions. Im 31 220lbs at 23 per bf.
Im benching 300 and my arms are 17.5 inch. my work out is going to be four day split. Il bee doing tri sets and 40min cardio with abs every day. nutrition will be a 500 cal deficit. My goal is to get to 10 per body fat sometime around july. Is it better to split my cardio and weight training, like one in the morning and one in the evening or use the cardio for a warm up before weight training? What are some good recomended fat burners that wont eat my muscle? Thanx for your help. Bulking is sooooo much easier.:usa2:
If you want to get to 10% bodyfat, with a loss at a rate of 0.5% bodyfat per week, this will take you ~26 weeks (or slightly less), which is definitely doable.

Whether you split your cardio and resistance training up is entirely up to you - this is a personal decision, and I say go with whatever is the most conveneient for you and your schedule.

You're 23% bodyfat - forget the fat burners and concentrate on your NUTRITION AND TRAINING!!! (As a sidenote, fat burners do not "eat muscle" - if you lose muscle mass, then your caloric intake is too low for your energy expenditure relative to fat loss for you).

I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for more comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation, and training for effective and successful fat loss.

~Rosie~

hodji killer

Awards
Well rosie thanx for the reply. I checked out your link and sorry to say learned nothing new. I know that my hardest part is going to be getting my nutrition in check. I have been just bulking for a few months now. I have gained a considerable amount of muscle and have come to the realization that no matter how much weight I can put up, I am still a fat body. So i am going to cut cut cut. Quess i should of phrases my question different. What supplements can I take to help with fat loss that will NOT supress my appitite.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
A few notes, if you will:

-I wouldn't do "abs" every day, they are a muscle group and as such need time to recovery.

-I don't think the splitting of cardio and weight lifting is important as there order. If I do both on the same day I usually do weight lifting first, in the morning if permissible, and then cardio 5-6 hours later, after PWO meals, etc. Doing cardio before lifting, for most people, seems to sap strength, thus limiting the intensity of your lifting session.

Rosie's right, try doing more research. There are a ton of products available at this sites store (NP) that are non-appetite suppressant fats burners, start searching. For instance you could try a cortisol control product, the possibilities are endless.

Also don't start using fat burners yet, you should get to a more lean weight naturally. Fat burners are "plateau breakers" for when your fat burning stalls, because it will eventually, it always does....Also look into caloric cycling, a method that I use prior to using fat burners...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well rosie thanx for the reply. I checked out your link and sorry to say learned nothing new. I know that my hardest part is going to be getting my nutrition in check. I have been just bulking for a few months now. I have gained a considerable amount of muscle and have come to the realization that no matter how much weight I can put up, I am still a fat body. So i am going to cut cut cut. Quess i should of phrases my question different. What supplements can I take to help with fat loss that will NOT supress my appitite.
If you learnt nothing new, but it's time you actually started putting what you know into PRACTICE - knowing it is NOT ENOUGH; you need to DO!

Get you NUTRITION in check and stick to the basic staples and if you are not making progress re fat loss, then you're simply NOT doing things right, period!

Supplements should not be used as a crutch. Like I said before, at 23% bodyfat, supplements are the LAST thing you should be looking at. I wouldn't recommend using fat burners, etc. until you've at least reached an average male body composition (~15% bodyfat), and even then, that's still a little high to use them, IMO (others will disagree, yes), but let them.

You can cut effectively and successfully withOUT using any supplements but the basic staples!

~Rosie~

hodji killer

Awards
Xerxes thanks for the info. Il check into the caloric cycling and will do some more research on supplements. Rosie, I didnt mean to seem ungreateful for you advice. You are correct about getting my diet in order. Its gonna take some habbit changing i.e. alcohol. Thanx guys