Trying to Upregulate Beta Receptors

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.37%

Post Trying to Upregulate Beta Receptors

Had a great two weeks of Clen. Only dropped a few pounds on the scale (about 4 lbs, from 202 to 198), but thatís OK since Iím doing a gradual cut. Most importantly, Iím firming up in the waistline, and seeing 4 abs plus delt striations. Strength has not dropped at all, and is actually up a bit in some exercises. Basically just eating all whole foods, and running about 2400-2700 cals a day. Dropped most all of the protein drinks and getting most of the pro from chicken, fish, and meat
    Anyway, Iím taking a week break in the Clen, in an effort to re-up my Beta Receptors. I donít have any Ketotifen, so Iím trying 25-50 mg of Benadryl before bed. So a 1 week break from Clen and some anti-histamine therapy, so that next week, I can get some shakes from 20 mcg again.

My question is this:
    Will I still up-reg Beta receptors if I take Yohimbe, Geranium Stem or other popular thermogenic herbs in my ďoff weekĒ from Clen? Or do they have a similar (downregulating) effect on Beta Receptors, like Clen or Ephedrine do?
    Thanks in advance, my bruthas!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.37%

Well, I took a week off Clenbuterol, and took 25-50 mg Benadryl every night.
    I did take some OEP and Yohimbe last week. I read somewhere that Yohimbe acts on alpha receptors, so I figured it would not hit my (already hurting) Beta Receptors. I got effect off the Yohimbe - jittery, you know?

So today I go back down to 40 mcg Clen, and guess what - I got the warm feeling back, and some mild hand shakes (which I actually like - lets you know its working). Also, I sweated like a pig doing a variety of deadlifts, hams, and Cardio today

Don't know if it was the 1 week break, or the 1 week break plus Benadryl that did the trick for me. Patrick Arnold does not put faith in Benadryl for cleaning Beta Receptors. Said it is nothing like Ketotifen, pharmacologically. But it is way cheaper! I think my sinuses were so "anti-histamined up" that it made my nose run excessively.

Any similar experiences with Clen cleaning?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.38%

Dnp upregulates receptors while burning fat.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by vein5 View Post
    nice
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by vein5 View Post
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.37%

I am curious about other anti-histamines.

Is this beta receptor cleaning helped out by other OTC antihistamines? I am convinced that Benadryl helps.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.85%

Has anyone used the ketotifen eye drops? Those are OTC, I can't find tablets anywhere.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.81%

Why Benadryl? Why not just take a two week break? I don't understand why take Benadryl if you aren't running straight thru.
    IF IT HAS FOUR LEGS OR SWIMS OR FILES, IT DIES!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Magg0078 View Post
    Why Benadryl? Why not just take a two week break? I don't understand why take Benadryl if you aren't running straight thru.
    I've heard by people who use it say 3-4 weeks is the sweet spot to obtain max fat loss, unfortunately around the 2 week point is when receptors are down regulated, so the theory is that Diphenhydramine in Benadryl upregulates the receptors (even Benadryl is questionable, most say ketotifen is the way to go) to allow the longer cycle to obtain maximize fat loss. I've been told taking 2 weeks off isn't enough time to up regulate receptors without any meds. Half life of the clen is about 34-38 hours, a saturated body will still have clen in the system for about 1 week, only giving the body just about 1week to bounce back, which IMO isn't enough time.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.37%

Why Benadryl you ask? Well, like everything else around here, you give it a try and see if it works. Benadryl is cheap as nuts, and it help you sleep too. Thinking out loud, I'm not sure what the downside is (like does Bendryl hit the Kidneys, Liver, or something like that?) Not sure.

But as I found through self experimentation, 1 week off Clen w/ 50 mg Benadryl nightly (after 3 weeks on Clen to 80 mcg), and I was able to go back to 40 mcg, after only one week off, and get the effects at a reasonably low dose.

By the way, I'm doing a two week break in Clen this time. With Benadryl

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advanced Fat Loss Discussion (alpha/beta receptors)
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
  2. Patrick Arlond, How Do I Upregulate Dopamine Receptors?
    By GOTSPEED in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 07:43 PM
  3. How To Upregulate Dopamine Receptors?
    By GOTSPEED in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 03:07 AM
  4. Beta-2 Receptors and Benadryll
    By thenomad in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 11:12 PM
  5. Up regluating beta-2 receptors
    By E-Swift25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 04:34 PM