Please Critique my Cut Diet

LiftterNE

Awards
Hey guys going to start a cut here in a few months and looking to get a diet in order. As of right now im 5'7 210lbs. Im shooting for a 40 40 20 split at around 2600 cals. Here is my diet right now any advice or cretique will be really helpful.

Pre-workout
2 scoops protein
2 pieces wheat toast

Post-workout
4 whole eggs
5 egg whites
2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup raisins

Meal #3
2 scoop protein
1 container fat free yogurt

Meal #4
2 chicken breasts
2 cup Rice

Meal #5
2 rice cakes
1 tbsp Nat. Pb

Meal#6
Talapia
????

I dont know what else to add to meal #6.
Right now i sit at:
19% Fat 56.6g at 507 calories
39% Carbs 251.1g at 1,016 calories
42% protein 275.4g at 1,104 calories
My total calories are 2,674

Im thinkin this is close enough for a good cut, but any help or changes to my diet will be realy aprreciated, thanks guys!

SoCalMuscle

SoCalMuscle

Awards
Hey guys going to start a cut here in a few months and looking to get a diet in order. As of right now im 5'7 210lbs. Im shooting for a 40 40 20 split at around 2600 cals. Here is my diet right now any advice or cretique will be really helpful.

Pre-workout
2 scoops protein
2 pieces wheat toast

Post-workout
4 whole eggs
5 egg whites
2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup raisins

Meal #3
2 scoop protein
1 container fat free yogurt

Meal #4
2 chicken breasts
2 cup Rice

Meal #5
2 rice cakes
1 tbsp Nat. Pb

Meal#6
Talapia
????

I dont know what else to add to meal #6.
Right now i sit at:
19% Fat 56.6g at 507 calories
39% Carbs 251.1g at 1,016 calories
42% protein 275.4g at 1,104 calories
My total calories are 2,674

Im thinkin this is close enough for a good cut, but any help or changes to my diet will be realy aprreciated, thanks guys!
depending how late meal 5 is i would cut the rice cakes and have just some protein or at least add some in with it. with talapia add in some broccoli and you need some vegis with meal 4. i would also have an apple preworkout instead of the toast

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Only thing i see i would change was mentioned above add in some fruit and veggies apples bananas brocoli spinach you know whatever you have that you like and can add into the diet.

CRcatcher06

Awards
Since you are going to be working out a lot (i assume since you are trying to lose weight), you don't have to worry quite so much about total calories as long as you are getting good calories and the right times. Using an old equation i got from a former strength coach, you can get up to 3,500 and still be well off to shed some pounds. Adding some more carbs early in the day would be a good idea. You can add fruit to just about every meal, apple or orange before workout, banana post workout, watermelon or grapes with almost any meal. Get in as many carbs as you can before 5 or so, since its your main source of energy they will keep you from feeling worn out with increased exercise. fat looks good and i wouldnt go any higher on the protein. Hope this helps. Good luck man.

TO