stuborn fat and diet reccomendation

dalejmurphy

Awards
I am quite sure nothing like this is posted i've looked and looked and haven't found an article that has answered my question very well, so I appologize in advance if I overlooked it,

I'm currently trying to get rid of that last little bit of fat around my lower abs, and i've tried about every diet and every chemical known to man I got my diet in check i have for a while now, but need some advice from someone who went through this situation,
Do you advocate eating a protein/ fat meal first thing in the morning
what i was thinking is some tuna/ flax oil
I have carbs of the morning now and i believe that early morning insulin spike may be getting me,

Also the evening meal i been sticking to is cottage cheese with some natty p.b. does this cause an insulin spike before you go to bed is their a better combo to add in here, there is some carbs floating around there and I don't know if thats good for cutting...

the rest of the meal seem fine
meal 3 is post workout some whey and some dex
meal 4 is usually chicken and veggies
meal 5 is protein pancake (oats, egg white, little protein powder, some vital wheat glutten, and some soy flour)
weal 6 usually tuna, some veggies, and low carb flatbread
7 meals a day, 4 days weights, 5 days cardio(little much but i'm in the rotc so it's required)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The insulin spike in the morning is not the problem. I see a couple thing I would change but truthfull you have to break down your calorie and workout scheme to really pinpoint your problems.

I actually tihnk you need to add carbs.

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
meal 3 is post workout some whey and some dex

I think you should add oats here as your post workout shake. By the way you never said how are you doing your cardio? early in the morning without food or after a workout ??

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
The insulin spike in the morning is not the problem. I see a couple thing I would change but truthfull you have to break down your calorie and workout scheme to really pinpoint your problems.

I actually tihnk you need to add carbs.
Bobo, I'm just curious, how would adding carbs make him lose weight? I thought carbs were important for gaining, not losing.

dalejmurphy

Awards
well three days out of the week we do pt together, that one is definetly done on an empty stomach, usually last from 1 hr to 1 hr 1/2 runs are 7-8 miles in length followed by pushups situps, just basic stuff

the other couple of day i do cardio a little bit late in the day usually about 45 min on the eliptical at about medium intensity

I'm definetly gonna try the oats PW for a while, seems like some people on c-k-d are getting some pretty godd results that way may give a whirl

thanks again for the help

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Morehead State gonna branch detail infantry into transportation.
Cool. I did ROTC at Xavier University. I'm a 1LT in Ordnance Corps now. Man, I envy your branch detail. I kick myself everyday for not having done that. The CSS world is nothing like I envisioned the Army.

Hope you like the heat and the sand, cause youre gonna be here too. It got up to 130 the other day.....good air conditioned gym tents tho :).

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo, I'm just curious, how would adding carbs make him lose weight? I thought carbs were important for gaining, not losing.
No they are important for losing to.

With his current routine he's doing cardio 5 days per week and liftin 4 days per week yet his calroeis and carbs are extremely low for someone doing this much activity. What will most likely happen is he will stall out and lose muscle mass. I hear this so many times "I have that last little bit of fat I can't get rid of" and its usually because they are on a low carb diet, taking in way too many calories and/or carbs and doing cardio 5+ times per week.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Dale I agree with bobo. I think you need to add some carbs, try adding a few cups of rice to meal 4 that will help.

Like bobo said when your doing all that cardio and taking in too few carbs and calories your body will fight you to the death for that last bit of fat. Your body wants to hold that fat in order to survive (or so it thinks) and will turn to excess muscle to feed.

With your training schedule balance out the diet and let the cardio take the fat off.

dalejmurphy

Awards
I added some brown rice and a another serving of oatmeal to my diet i'll keep a good check on my measurements, so I can guage my progress effectively,

I really appreciate all the help,

I've made my drop from 385 lbs down to around 200-205, made some mistakes around the way but everything is starting to come together, still gonna have to deal with the loose skin problem though, at first I was a little ignorant about proper dieting techniques so I'm gonna have to pay for that.

dalejmurphy

Awards
Cool. I did ROTC at Xavier University. I'm a 1LT in Ordnance Corps now. Man, I envy your branch detail. I kick myself everyday for not having done that. The CSS world is nothing like I envisioned the Army.

Hope you like the heat and the sand, cause youre gonna be here too. It got up to 130 the other day.....good air conditioned gym tents tho :).

I have a few buds that went are ordnance, Well I chose the branch detail program because I wanted to get some good infantry training it also helped me get my spot at ranger school, get my small unit training done in a high speed unit, then onto the transpo corp. Godd luck, yep i'll be over there in less than a year

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the success so far bro and keep at it. As for the stretched skin, your just gonna have to fill that space with muscle ;)

dalejmurphy

Awards
Congrats on the success so far bro and keep at it. As for the stretched skin, your just gonna have to fill that space with muscle ;)
thanks I appreciate that,

On the stretched skin part I was having a hard time getting some good info on that, so the best way for me in my situation to go after a toned mid section would be heavy ab training, it this correct, that's what i been doing so far you can see all the etches in my abs, you can just tell i gotta alot of excess there,
My arms and chest are big enough now where i'm starting to get some definition in them, the muscle are stretching the skin fairly well, gonna try to add some more muscle pretty soon, just been trying to get rid of a little excess first,

i'm planning a prop only cycle this fall,
maybe end up doing a fina, prop, slin combo though,
try to add some quality mass, and a very clean bulk diet