stuborn fat and diet reccomendation

1. Registered User
    Answers

stuborn fat and diet reccomendation

I am quite sure nothing like this is posted i've looked and looked and haven't found an article that has answered my question very well, so I appologize in advance if I overlooked it,

I'm currently trying to get rid of that last little bit of fat around my lower abs, and i've tried about every diet and every chemical known to man I got my diet in check i have for a while now, but need some advice from someone who went through this situation,
    Do you advocate eating a protein/ fat meal first thing in the morning
    what i was thinking is some tuna/ flax oil
    I have carbs of the morning now and i believe that early morning insulin spike may be getting me,

Also the evening meal i been sticking to is cottage cheese with some natty p.b. does this cause an insulin spike before you go to bed is their a better combo to add in here, there is some carbs floating around there and I don't know if thats good for cutting...

the rest of the meal seem fine
    meal 3 is post workout some whey and some dex
    meal 4 is usually chicken and veggies
    meal 5 is protein pancake (oats, egg white, little protein powder, some vital wheat glutten, and some soy flour)
    weal 6 usually tuna, some veggies, and low carb flatbread
    7 meals a day, 4 days weights, 5 days cardio(little much but i'm in the rotc so it's required)

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

The insulin spike in the morning is not the problem. I see a couple thing I would change but truthfull you have to break down your calorie and workout scheme to really pinpoint your problems.

I actually tihnk you need to add carbs.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

meal 3 is post workout some whey and some dex

I think you should add oats here as your post workout shake. By the way you never said how are you doing your cardio? early in the morning without food or after a workout ??
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    The insulin spike in the morning is not the problem. I see a couple thing I would change but truthfull you have to break down your calorie and workout scheme to really pinpoint your problems.

I actually tihnk you need to add carbs.
    Bobo, I'm just curious, how would adding carbs make him lose weight? I thought carbs were important for gaining, not losing.
  5. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dalejmurphy
    (little much but i'm in the rotc so it's required)
    Dale, what school are you doing ROTC at and for what branch?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    Dale, what school are you doing ROTC at and for what branch?
    Morehead State gonna branch detail infantry into transportation.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

well three days out of the week we do pt together, that one is definetly done on an empty stomach, usually last from 1 hr to 1 hr 1/2 runs are 7-8 miles in length followed by pushups situps, just basic stuff

the other couple of day i do cardio a little bit late in the day usually about 45 min on the eliptical at about medium intensity

I'm definetly gonna try the oats PW for a while, seems like some people on c-k-d are getting some pretty godd results that way may give a whirl

thanks again for the help
  8. Registered User
    Answers

yohimbine w/ cardio on CKD..
  9. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dalejmurphy
    Morehead State gonna branch detail infantry into transportation.
    Cool. I did ROTC at Xavier University. I'm a 1LT in Ordnance Corps now. Man, I envy your branch detail. I kick myself everyday for not having done that. The CSS world is nothing like I envisioned the Army.

Hope you like the heat and the sand, cause youre gonna be here too. It got up to 130 the other day.....good air conditioned gym tents tho .
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Bobo, I'm just curious, how would adding carbs make him lose weight? I thought carbs were important for gaining, not losing.
    No they are important for losing to.

With his current routine he's doing cardio 5 days per week and liftin 4 days per week yet his calroeis and carbs are extremely low for someone doing this much activity. What will most likely happen is he will stall out and lose muscle mass. I hear this so many times "I have that last little bit of fat I can't get rid of" and its usually because they are on a low carb diet, taking in way too many calories and/or carbs and doing cardio 5+ times per week.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  11. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Dale I agree with bobo. I think you need to add some carbs, try adding a few cups of rice to meal 4 that will help.

Like bobo said when your doing all that cardio and taking in too few carbs and calories your body will fight you to the death for that last bit of fat. Your body wants to hold that fat in order to survive (or so it thinks) and will turn to excess muscle to feed.

With your training schedule balance out the diet and let the cardio take the fat off.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I added some brown rice and a another serving of oatmeal to my diet i'll keep a good check on my measurements, so I can guage my progress effectively,

I really appreciate all the help,

I've made my drop from 385 lbs down to around 200-205, made some mistakes around the way but everything is starting to come together, still gonna have to deal with the loose skin problem though, at first I was a little ignorant about proper dieting techniques so I'm gonna have to pay for that.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Cool. I did ROTC at Xavier University. I'm a 1LT in Ordnance Corps now. Man, I envy your branch detail. I kick myself everyday for not having done that. The CSS world is nothing like I envisioned the Army.

Hope you like the heat and the sand, cause youre gonna be here too. It got up to 130 the other day.....good air conditioned gym tents tho .

I have a few buds that went are ordnance, Well I chose the branch detail program because I wanted to get some good infantry training it also helped me get my spot at ranger school, get my small unit training done in a high speed unit, then onto the transpo corp. Godd luck, yep i'll be over there in less than a year
  14. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Congrats on the success so far bro and keep at it. As for the stretched skin, your just gonna have to fill that space with muscle
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Congrats on the success so far bro and keep at it. As for the stretched skin, your just gonna have to fill that space with muscle
    thanks I appreciate that,

On the stretched skin part I was having a hard time getting some good info on that, so the best way for me in my situation to go after a toned mid section would be heavy ab training, it this correct, that's what i been doing so far you can see all the etches in my abs, you can just tell i gotta alot of excess there,
    My arms and chest are big enough now where i'm starting to get some definition in them, the muscle are stretching the skin fairly well, gonna try to add some more muscle pretty soon, just been trying to get rid of a little excess first,

i'm planning a prop only cycle this fall,
    maybe end up doing a fina, prop, slin combo though,
    try to add some quality mass, and a very clean bulk diet
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Healthy Food options and diet routines for fat loss
    By JB89 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 09:37 AM
  2. fat loss with T3 and diet control
    By rombusempire in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7