Am I hurt or injured? - AnabolicMinds.com

Am I hurt or injured?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Am I hurt or injured?

Hey Guys

I am a latecomer to the working out / weight loss lifestyle. I use this website/forum b/c you guys know what the hell you are talking about even though I try to follow some threads, most of you talk in a dialogue way over my head.

I tried for the first time in my adult life a couple years ago and had incredible success with diet/cardio/light weights with the assistance of Slim Extreme. I dropped from 304lbs to 255lbs over the course of 6 months but had the unfortunate circumstance of getting really busy at work, not get to the gym, and continue to drop pounds. yada, yada, yada It's two years later, I am back fighting like hell to not hit 300 lbs again, and trying the same routine minus the supplement assistance. I am 2 weeks in and I don't know if it is because I am just two years older, I am 37, my ankles really hurt when I get on the treadmill a short while, or my calves really hurt from just getting up and walking, or my ribs will start hurting after some heavy (for me) lifting.

The pain is pretty intense, enough for me to stop what I am doing and I don't recall it from last time. It lasts a pretty long time. Do I need to just take some Aleve and quit being a skirt? Is this actually progress that I am making and the fruition of the "No Pain, No Gain" metaphor or is there a chance that I strained something? I understand that there is a difference between hurt and injured, but being able to tell the difference is fairly new to me.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Hey Guys

I am a latecomer to the working out / weight loss lifestyle. I use this website/forum b/c you guys know what the hell you are talking about even though I try to follow some threads, most of you talk in a dialogue way over my head.

I tried for the first time in my adult life a couple years ago and had incredible success with diet/cardio/light weights with the assistance of Slim Extreme. I dropped from 304lbs to 255lbs over the course of 6 months but had the unfortunate circumstance of getting really busy at work, not get to the gym, and continue to drop pounds. yada, yada, yada It's two years later, I am back fighting like hell to not hit 300 lbs again, and trying the same routine minus the supplement assistance. I am 2 weeks in and I don't know if it is because I am just two years older, I am 37, my ankles really hurt when I get on the treadmill a short while, or my calves really hurt from just getting up and walking, or my ribs will start hurting after some heavy (for me) lifting.

The pain is pretty intense, enough for me to stop what I am doing and I don't recall it from last time. It lasts a pretty long time. Do I need to just take some Aleve and quit being a skirt? Is this actually progress that I am making and the fruition of the "No Pain, No Gain" metaphor or is there a chance that I strained something? I understand that there is a difference between hurt and injured, but being able to tell the difference is fairly new to me.
    Sounds like you may have an injury. When it is just soreness, at least for me, there is a constant tightness with a dull ache that can spike when used, but from what you desribe, it almost sounds like a sharp pain. Best to err on the side of caution and talk to your Doc.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

I'd get checked up by a doctor to make sure you are not injured, and then start dieting and getting leaner before you start trying to add in a lot of cardio. Your joints don't ever build strength as fast as muscles do, and you can easily lose weight without doing cardio. Take it easy on your body and focus on diet for the first few months. When you start seeing progress by changing what you do in the kitchen, THEN get back into the gym and see how much it accelerates your progress.

Learn compound movements and when you do go back to the gym, find a good beginners routine and start with a basic 3 day split. You can lose weight (which we would want the majority of it to be adipose/fat) and maintain strength with proper diet and weight training. Best of luck to you brotha
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Appreciate the input. I work with a bodybuilder and she recommended staying off the treadmill and use the bike until we get the ankle situation squared away, but last night everything was fine. I started on the bike, then to "test" the ankle, went 2 miles (walking at 4mph, no incline) and honestly I felt fine, so it is clear I am not injured, just my old bones acting stupid. Was feeling pretty stoked that my ankle was good so I did some light shoulder lifts and no rib pain either. Figured I would wait to see how I felt in the morning before reporting back, but everything seems good. I will go again tonight and then rest it over the weekend.

See how the golf course looks and if it is dry, I can get some "work" in that way, bust out my new walking cart and walk 18 holes.

Thanks guys-

FA
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

Glad to hear you're not injured. It probably was an akward movement that caused the sharp pain. Im a bigger guy too, and when I go running or jump rope for my cardio, I sure feel it a lot more than a 50 lb lighter counterpart haha
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.

Well you know what they say...
    you can play hurt, you can't play injured.
    So if you can workout, you're just hurt =)
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it could be the start of arthritis, and being overweight of course increases that. if you can't use the treadmill, use the bike or elliptical. both of them are non-impact.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Not sure what i injured...
    By Joey0808 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:09 AM
  2. Anyone else injured?
    By AM07 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 01:51 AM
  3. injured and need help!
    By snoops in forum Supplements