So confused

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Angry So confused

I have no idea what's going on here, I can't seem to lose the weight or even focus at the gym. I go to the gym about 8am, and then i go to work about 930am till 4 or 5pm. I don't know if I'm not dedicating enough time to the gym or what. I live about .5 mile from the gym so I just walk there. Normally, when i get up, I would have a sugar free rockstar and then hit the gym, do about 20min of light cardio then proceed to the weights.

normally i split it up Back Bi's, Chest Tri's, shoulders/legs. I never seem to get sore from any work out, and i end up lifting till Im almost to failure. Some days I feel like im burning out other muscle groups before target. My diet is ok and is as follows.

Before I lift:
    N'Sane Energy
    N'Fuse Pre-alkaline creatine capsules.
    Cardio followed by lifting. Normally about 20min cardio 30-45 min lifting

After:930am
    Protein Shake
    N'fuse.
    then breakfast egg whites, toast, V8 Infusion light mixed with Nutek Natures Greens.

Lunch: 12pm
    Chicken breast, turkey, meats, some carbs from wheat bread, rice, normally keep it about 50g of carbs.

about 2pm I try to get another shake to keep my appetite at bay. dinner about 5pm, mostly turkey or chicken mixed with some small amount of carbs.
    if i get hungry about 7pm or so ill have another shake, 3g of carbs only or ill add some peanut butter with it. By the time I add up the calories, its still less then 2200.

But im not sure what im doing, I have a problem focusing at the gym, and getting sore after words it just feels as if im not doing enough.

Please help, how much time should i spend lifting?

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Well, you detailed diet, how about detailing training? You don't necessarily have to get particularly sore after training to make progress. The focus at the gym could be largely mental as since you aren't getting sore, you feel like what you are doing is pointless.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

That's exactly it, I feel like what im doing is getting me no place. As far as training.
    Back:
    Seated Pulley Rows
    Lat Pull downs
    Reverse Dumbell flys
    face pulls
    Shrugs

Chest:
    Bench
    Incline
    Decline
    Dumbell press
    and ill use cables for some chest.

Shoulders:
    Shrugs
    Military press
    cable cross overs
    dumbell presses.

all of them are in sets of 4x8 first 3 sets are light to heavy last set is medium.
    I throw in some misc routines in there. to try and keep my focus from going to bordem.
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

When was the last time you changed the routine at all? You really should have some form of periodization in there, switching from higher rep range lower weights to lower rep range higher weights.

Personally I was never a fan of that pyramiding weights. In the end you end up with 1 real working set, which seems like a waste of time for 4 sets. Try a 5x5 with keeping the weight the same all 5 sets for 4 weeks, see how that goes.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

This sounds like a classic case of good weight replacing bad weight. You are eating a clean diet that is high protein-I look at caloric intake almost like gasoline for my car. Days that I do intense work calls for more fuel in the tank, or more driving = more gas, and vice-versa. You are building muscle with high protein which is good. You have to cut some more calories.....This will come with the price of losing muscle too. Whatever you do, don't get discouraged...6'3/245 is a healthy weight
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

I am now changing my diet to be a bit leaner, less Carbs even tho my intake is low as it is.
    My supplements are as follows:
    N'Fuse 3capsules with pre work out, 3 with shake after with breakfast
    N'Sane
    Lean Core 3 capsules with lunch and breakfast
    Cyano 1 per meal
    Multi Vitaman
    Natures Greens
    Pro5
    and now Pro7
    .............................. .........................
    I tried to do the the 5x5 routine, still wasn't sore. Im going to keep the 20 min cardio before lifting and the 30-45 min after still going. Shortly after my cardio is finished is my shake and breakfast. Trying to reconfigure my work out times. and meal times.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe increasing cardio from "light" to moderate/intense would also help with the weight loss. Maybe throw in a thermogenic product or an EC stack
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    That's exactly it, I feel like what im doing is getting me no place. As far as training.
    Back:
    Seated Pulley Rows
    Lat Pull downs
    Reverse Dumbell flys
    face pulls
    Shrugs

Chest:
    Bench
    Incline
    Decline
    Dumbell press
    and ill use cables for some chest.

Shoulders:
    Shrugs
    Military press
    cable cross overs
    dumbell presses.

all of them are in sets of 4x8 first 3 sets are light to heavy last set is medium.
    I throw in some misc routines in there. to try and keep my focus from going to bordem.
    are you working legs?

more importantly... squats and deadlifts? they will transform your body
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    are you working legs?

more importantly... squats and deadlifts? they will transform your body
    Ill be doing that tomorrow. My only issue with deadlifts is i hurt my lower back long ago, from lifting. So have the worry about hurting it again. other then that, i really need to hit legs harder. Just have to use the leg presses. so it can be more controlled, most people dont watch where there walking in the gym.

how much can presses and lifts in legs help the rest of my body.
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

leg presses aren't nearly as good as squats. at peak I was doing about 900-1000lbs on leg presses, still couldn't squat more than 250 to parallel. and with deadlifts, just don't go heavy then, stick to a reasonable weight and do sets of 10-12 reps.
    This space for rent

11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Drink usp labs jacked first , that product is something amazing for focus.
    Do you use music? or bring a phone into the gym? and dont laugh at this im just wondering.

Also I know you posted a small routine , and you say you dont get sore? how intense are you working out? and resting in between.

Also you say your getting bored? try intense super setting routine for that day and see.
    I will go with carpee on the legs and deadlifts , you really need to be doing those.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kain1012 View Post
    Drink usp labs jacked first , that product is something amazing for focus.
    Do you use music? or bring a phone into the gym? and dont laugh at this im just wondering.

Also I know you posted a small routine , and you say you dont get sore? how intense are you working out? and resting in between

Also you say your getting bored? try intense super setting routine for that day and see.
    I will go with carpee on the legs and deadlifts , you really need to be doing those.
    I take N'Sane for a pre-workout drink. Yeah, I use a phone for music. I try to to as much as i can. I know, right now i seem like im lost but i used to be really good in the gym. I rest maybe 30sec between, or long enough to add wait and sit down and regrip. I just need to figure out a routine start to finish, and keep it up.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I just find music and phones distracting, but sounds like your problem is you just need a really nice intense pump busting routine. Most anyone should be in the gym is hour and half that should be all. On chest days it seems to be longer for some reason.

I would give a go at super setting or high repping. I am 6'2 237 atm so we have similar stats.

Whats your typical arm routine? we can start there
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kain1012 View Post
    I just find music and phones distracting, but sounds like your problem is you just need a really nice intense pump busting routine. Most anyone should be in the gym is hour and half that should be all. On chest days it seems to be longer for some reason.

I would give a go at super setting or high repping. I am 6'2 237 atm so we have similar stats.

Whats your typical arm routine? we can start there
    Preacher Curls
    Hammer Curls
    skull crushers
    cross body curls
    concentration curls
    wide/close grip...

most of my tricep comes from bench press and chest, but the iso work out for them is mostly cables, and presses.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Try taking the 45 lb benching bar , and adding dimes on each side, use shoulder length grip and curl that in a set. It is a very focused bicep curl. If your sloppy the weights will fall right off. This exercise is great for pumps and focus. Im not sure how much you can curl but adjust the weight accordingly and dont strain your back.

Try this and then do some preacher wide and close. then top it off with some 1 handed hammer curls and done for bicep. Tris are better saved for chest days.

That bicep curling with the olympic bar will feel weird but it will keep you focused, try it out
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Answers

i think i just need to spend more time in the gym and knock out what im doing. Instead of worrying about time in and out. Even when i feel like i've done a lot, when i go home i don't feel like i did enough.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Very confused
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 09:21 PM
  2. Im so confused!!!
    By NerdFlexd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
  3. confused
    By p951 in forum Anabolics