Bodyfat questions

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
Around what bodyfat do you need to get to untill you can see a six pack..and also how do u get the abs that stick out?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
generally somewhere below 10%, but its very individual. some guys have 6 packs at 9%, some don't see it till below 6. the abs that pop out is more a genetic thing from what I can tell.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
generally somewhere below 10%, but its very individual. some guys have 6 packs at 9%, some don't see it till below 6. the abs that pop out is more a genetic thing from what I can tell.
Exactly what I was going to say.

It depends on how much muscle you've got built up for those abs and how your bodyfat is distributed, too. I lifted abs hard and mine would pop out like I was in 300, but I was no where near that low of a bodyfat.

But the rule I always had heard was <10%, as Easy said.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Around what bodyfat do you need to get to untill you can see a six pack..and also how do u get the abs that stick out?
"It's very individual" - Eric said it right.

For males, anything in single digits would work, generally ~8% bodyfat (depending on one's height). For females, this varies so much - I personally can't see my 6-pack until I'm ~8% bodyfat, whereas other women can see it at 12-15% bodyfat.

Other factors come into play as well, such as height (taller people are going to look leaner than a shorter individual at the same body composition), genetics (some people simply cannot get a 6-pack), how much muscle mass you have in your midsection (the more muscle you have there, the more likely you will see it at lower body compositions).

If you want your abs to "stick out", you need to make sure you build up the deep grooves, and this happens from doing weighted exercises for them. In saying that, not everyone who does that is going to have them either, since, as already stated, genetics plays a large factor in what your abs actually look like once you are lean and have built the muscle mass up there.

~Rosie~

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
"It's very individual" - Eric said it right.

For males, anything in single digits would work, generally ~8% bodyfat (depending on one's height). For females, this varies so much - I personally can't see my 6-pack until I'm ~8% bodyfat, whereas other women can see it at 12-15% bodyfat.

Other factors come into play as well, such as height (taller people are going to look leaner than a shorter individual at the same body composition), genetics (some people simply cannot get a 6-pack), how much muscle mass you have in your midsection (the more muscle you have there, the more likely you will see it at lower body compositions).

If you want your abs to "stick out", you need to make sure you build up the deep grooves, and this happens from doing weighted exercises for them. In saying that, not everyone who does that is going to have them either, since, as already stated, genetics plays a large factor in what your abs actually look like once you are lean and have built the muscle mass up there.

~Rosie~
Sorry, I totally disagree with that statement.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
^ anyone can get a six pack... with time diet and hard work... some people cant get them because wont put that effort in

personally my six pack is visible with about 10-12% bf...but, my brother, who is almost a clone of me... cant see his abs until hes under 8%

to get those abs that stick out.... think hypertrophy... they are muscles..... theyll grow

massive amounts of cardio isnt guna get you a six pack unless you have your diet in check...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, I totally disagree with that statement.
I should have reworded that - some people's genetics, especially if they do not have the muscle mass in their midsection, will not give them the look of a 6-pack, even if they get as lean as all hell.