Need Some diet Help

wti66stang

Awards
OK guys, I've decided its time to start cutting. Over the last few months I've gone back up to 255-260 from 230-240. I'm wanting to start my cutting cycle now. I'm planning on a 12-16 week cut and am trying to figure out my diet and workout. I'm planning on a 5 day workout schedule and am determined to do cardio 5 days a week. I'm also wanting to concentrate more on my shoulders during this cutting cycle. What would you guys recommend for macro splits? I was going to try 2500 cal a day, but I'm worried that may be too little. Also I am going to be supplementing with Erase and may add some other things later. What do you guys think?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am a huge fan of keto diets so that is what I would recomend. What does your bodyfat % look like? And what body type are you?

wti66stang

Awards
As of yesterday morning I was at 15% BF, which pisses me off cuz i was around 10-12, but I can deal with it. I can put on muscle quick, but sometimes have a hard time losing fat.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As of yesterday morning I was at 15% BF, which pisses me off cuz i was around 10-12, but I can deal with it. I can put on muscle quick, but sometimes have a hard time losing fat.
From Team Scivation a pretty simple calorie formula. Start with this for a week or so and adjust from there depending on how much you loose.

body fat (15%+) Endomorph = 28-31 calories/kg
body fat (15%+) Mesomorph = 32-35 calories/kg
body fat (15%+) Ectomorph = 36-40 calories/kg

For example, a 180lb male at 22% body fat who is a mesomorph body type would equal:

180/2.2 = 81.819 Kg x 32-35 calories/kg = ~2,600 – 2,900 calories
Like I said I am a fan of keto diets for fat loss so that is what I would recomend.

Good luck!

wti66stang

Awards
So I was looking at keto diets. Would it be ok to have the following setup:
203 g P, 174 g F, 30 or less g of C?

That comes out to 2500 cal a day.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It is a base to start out with. Give it a shot and see how you feel with it. Well diets are somewhat of a science a lot of it is going to be trial and error. You are gonna go though lots of testing to see what works for you. Start off with that split and see how you feel and then you can try raising your protein intake some or caloires or fat or lowering one or whatever.