Motivation for weight loss.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone knows that motivation can be very helpful in any goal set out. Just like most people, I'd always use the new year as my I'm gonna eat beter I'm gonna go to the gym more only to back off to early. Well after years of letting myself go and only working out here and there, I started to change the way I ate, instead of using the "Diet" word. Then my son 4 yrs old is wanting to play chase at the park. I'd always play softball from April-Nov but that is short time and doesn't compare to chasing my little one around lol. I stop for a moment to catch my breath and my son said Daddy you got to keep up with me, if you can't you need to get in better shape. I was like oh heck no. I use that little boy's sentence to push me more. I have gone from 291 last year to 276 earlier this year now down to 248. I have a goal of 175-190 and find it harder every 20 lbs I lose. I make a point to make motivation notes and post them around house or at work in my car. Even pictures of a healthier me years ago. I just want to give a shout to all those looking for the New Year to be the year they change and remember other people need you around so keep to your goals for you and for those that care about you. Happy New Year

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
I lost nearly 85 lbs last year. Thee last 10 are being a pain, but good luck man keep up the good work. Don't give up!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

zacrob23

Awards
Awesome work man!!! I too set out last january to get into shape, so far I've lost 75lbs, been stuck around 230 for a few months....need to lose another 30-40 lbs....been tough with the holidays and have been sick the past week....make sure you keep postin threads man, I'd like to hear about your progress! Keep up the hard work!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys it's freaking hard at times. Not so much the diet part because I actually like grilled meat and healthy food, but more so towards the cardio. I go to the gym and I automatcially want to hit the weights. The treadmill gets boring unless someone is next to me talking or I have my zune to listen to music. Every time I lose another 10 or more lbs it just gets harder. I will not back down though as I am ready to hit my target.

StupidThyroid

Awards
One thing for cardio I like to think about is, say you're going for 30-45mins. Usually I get bored 20mins in. So I am looking at 25mins left. I say to myself, it's 25mins. These 25mins here are probably going to be the most effective 25mins I have all day. Why would I stop now? I've already got my heart rate up, I'm probably burning fat at this point. DONT STOP. It helps rationalize things and turns that boringness into motivation.

Hope that helps.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very true. Yeah I started getting better pushing myself more. I do the same thing it's like ok made it this far no point in stopping and then getting mad at myself. Once it warms up around here I will be hitting the track more. I seem to like that better!

StupidThyroid

Awards
Also I think music is super important. Gotta get those tracks that get you going at the right times. Can make all the difference in the world.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
The biggest thing is to never give up and never give in. This is not a "diet" but rather a total lifestyle change. so what if you eat a piece of cake or have a little too much of something here and there, truth is your sanity needs it !

I went from over 260 in November of 09 to now sitting pretty comfortably at 180, even competing in a grappling tournament back in November at 175. When you take the chore out of the "diet" and realize just how much better you feel both mentally and physically it actually becomes a lot of fun ! good luck with it man. Just don't beat yourself up over the little things and it becomes actually pretty easy. Until the last 10 pounds, then it sucks major donkey balls.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys it's freaking hard at times. Not so much the diet part because I actually like grilled meat and healthy food, but more so towards the cardio. I go to the gym and I automatcially want to hit the weights. The treadmill gets boring unless someone is next to me talking or I have my zune to listen to music. Every time I lose another 10 or more lbs it just gets harder. I will not back down though as I am ready to hit my target.
It doesn't hurt to hit the weights as well, adding more muscle helps with loss of fat.

Beyond the zune, it might be worth considering a portable dvd player, or one of the e-book readers. Either of those can help the time pass pretty well.

Another idea is to switch to tabata sprints. you won't need more than 20 minutes 3x a week (heck, if you are doing them right its pretty damn hard to get to 20 minutes).

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man I use to get piss when I couldn't drop weight. Like I said I realized I needed to change the way I eat,exercised and thought when it came to food. Being down from 291 to 248 has helped a lot and once I get to 175-190 I know I will feel much better. I hit the weight after doing my cardio. I shoot for 8-15 reps per set.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Keep your son's words echoing in your head. That is awesome. Keep going strong!