StupidThyroid's "Holy $hit I have a ton of weight to lose" Log

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by StupidThyroid View Post
    So far so good, just concerned about my carbs still. I am trying to keep them only around weights workouts, pre/post. and then 1 other meal a day. My goal right now, and I may need to drop it, is 150g carbs on weights days, and <100g a day on cardio days. Thoughts?
    really the how much carbs you have is mostly a bunch of nonsense. you can lose fat at 400g of carbs a day, depending on how the rest of your diet is structured and your source of carbs. Twinkies - bad idea. Apples - good idea. I used to believe in the low carb idea, but the more research I did, the less I found any scientific evidence that it made a lick of difference. Now my average day is 200-300g of carbs, and i'm rarely below 150. Some days easily over 400.

So eat stuff that leaves you feeling good and energized, and that you enjoy. Just no twinkies
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

2. @ALLLOUT Welcome to these boards, I mostly lurk for now , but there is tons of info out there on this board, moreso than most. I think you'll dig it here if you're serious about changing anything with your physique.

I don't do stims, so I am not really worried about fluctuation of my TSH etc. I have been stable on my dosing for about 8 years now. My numbers are good and I feel fine, why screw that up? I probably have ever missed a few doses in 8yrs on my meds, so i'll be fine

and of course on the water, but what the heck do you mean by cycling water? I think I'll stick to drinking it everyday. haha
    •   

3. Small status update, things are going very well. I have a long journey but I am really impressed with the progress I've made just since Jan 3. 45days essentially, but I see significant changes. The combo of great diet, great workouts and proper supplementation is finally a trio that can make some results for me.

I can't help but look forward to my 6 month and 12 month goals. Hoping I stay injury free and get there. I'm pretty excited.

4. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    really the how much carbs you have is mostly a bunch of nonsense. you can lose fat at 400g of carbs a day, depending on how the rest of your diet is structured and your source of carbs. Twinkies - bad idea. Apples - good idea. I used to believe in the low carb idea, but the more research I did, the less I found any scientific evidence that it made a lick of difference. Now my average day is 200-300g of carbs, and i'm rarely below 150. Some days easily over 400.

So eat stuff that leaves you feeling good and energized, and that you enjoy. Just no twinkies
    I absolutely agree, when and only when you are producing proper ammounts of insulin and are not carb desensitized.

Since I am overweight, I know my spikes are overblown, so I need to limit them.

I am usually using my carb intake for specific goals, usually morning, pre workout/post workout on weights days, and mornings and middays on cardio days.

This seems to be working so far.

5. I'm not sure why, but I felt like updating this thread since it's been a year and a half since last post. Maybe because I am (rare) a bit bored at work today.

Anyways, here we are 1.5yrs later.

In April of 2011 I decided to go to a ketogenic diet. Life-changer. I had done keto in the past and it worked, not sure why it took me so long to go back.

As of Sept 2012, I have reduced my waist size by 12inches (54 to 42) - I don't weigh myself because I honestly don't care what it is. It's always higher than I'd like to see, and that's just demotivating. As long as my clothes keep getting bigger on me, and my bloodwork is good, I am happy.

So I cheat once a month, that's it. Otherwise I lift heavy 3x a week, cardio 3x week and 1 off day. I have been cycling, what I call cuts and bulks, but honestly it's all more like a recomp. I just try and change things up to give my body a break at times. When I do 3 months of calorie deficits I def see the loss slowing, so a month of 2 of keto but higher calories let's me build some strength and then I go back into calorie deficits.

I've experimented with the following: during the "bulk" months, I've done some TKD with waxy maize pre/post workout, I def feel a strength increase with pre.

Also on cardio days I have experimented with some IF'ing (16hr fasts) - With keto, this is actually very easy an effective. I do this 2-3x a week still.

Keto is the most important factor in my weightloss but I have added supplements just for fun, because I enjoy the research and testing, and I have some extra $ to play with.

ECA- I can't do ECA longer than a month. I believe I do definitely feel some adrenal fatigue, and I end up tired ALL day long. When I drop back to just caffeine, no worries.

Natty test boosters and etc - They work for me, as well as popping in erase. I feel the best on DAA + Erase + anything with forskohliin. For some reason Forskohlii and I get along well. I always can tell when I am on it. I'm on a bulk right now and using anabeta, and my strength is up, and hunger isn't too bad. Still too early to tell what's going to happen though.

Other Fat burners - DMAA is fun at times to stack with caffeine, but I have to be in the mood for it. DCP is amazing stuff, I am loaded up for the next yr. Someone as large as I was, (still kinda am) the research on TTA is just a must, especially for fixing a wonky fatty liver.

Staples - Fish oil, multivitamins, cissus (bad right shoulder) green tea, ala/alcar/coq10, oximega greens, I'm sure I am forgetting stuff.

Other: I lovvvvve Blue Growth, actually the fishoil, multi, greens above are also controlled labs products, great stuff there. Anyways, I don't know if Blue Growth is actually causing a GH response and helping, but the reason I am using it is AMAZING SLEEP. I feel rested every night I take it. I tried some of the others like HGHup and HGHpro and Blue Growth gives me solid sleep ongoing.

Preworkouts: 1 word. Craze. Seriously I have never had better workouts than on Craze. I love agmatine also, and space out my dosing since I get a weird reaction with the 2 together.

Postworkouts: Humapro and Trutein. I love Trutein, it's the only protein I use now, low carbs too so it fits right in. Have you guys tasted cinnabon/banana cream? seriously wow.

and I think that's it? My goal is to hit 36in waist or below by next summer, so I have some time. Since I do have a thyroid condition I lose slow, but I am happy with my progress. Everyone notices and that's kind of fun. I am a huge proponent of a low carb lifestyle and can't really see myself changing away from it. I am too happy eating/living like this.
    •   

6. Nice update. Glad youre still in it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
  2. GET DIESEL "you snooze you lose" sale!!!
    By Chuck Diesel in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 11:09 AM
  3. Familyguy- "father, Son, Holy Sh**"
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 11:34 AM
  4. GlycerGrow..is this the "holy grail"??
    By security58 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 12:26 AM
  5. L. Rea's claim to "the holy grail" of natural supps...
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:50 PM