6 Pack Help!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.59%

6 Pack Help!

Hello everyone, been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to post. Thank you to all of you for making this such an awesome website and resource. My goal in life right now is a 6 pack and I am truly grateful to anyone who would be willing to help me.

I've been overweight since I was 7 years old. I weight lifted on and off since high school but haven't truly taken fitness seriously since the past year and a half or so.

I am currently 26.5 years old, 5'10 (Technically 5'10.5) and I weigh 185 when I first wake up, 195 later in the day.

I used to weigh between 220-230. In the last few months I've completely cleaned up my diet and I am now a vegan. However, the last month I lost a lot of muscle mass from my arms and chest and now eat Eggs because I guess I wasn't eating enough protein. My diet consists of various fruits, vegetables, and nuts...and eggs of course.

In the gym I lift like a monster. I lift at high intensity for about an hour. Then I stretch and do yoga for about 30 minutes. My cardio routines vary. Sometimes I'll do an hour of moderate intensity, sometimes 20 minutes of high intensity, sometimes 20 minutes of low intensity, etc...

Supplements; I am not shy. I'm currently taking Animal pak multivitamin as well as hemo-rage pre-workout. In the past year I've taken everything from whey to prohormones like H drol and M drol.

My goal is to get a 6 pack in time for this summer and I will do anything. I have a bottle of anavar on deck but I really don't want to resort to using it because last time I did it gave me crazy mood swings and acne...even when I took it in low doses...by low doses I mean 5 mg's a day low. (The pills are 10 mg's and I'd break them in half)

I know a lot of you guys are absolute geniuses out there and can give a lot of advice just based on the look of some one's body so my goal with this post is to benefit from all of your expertise. I am just extremely desperate to have a 6 pack in time for summer and any advice you guys can give me that is unique to my body and my personal goals is much appreciated.

I had my body fat % taken a few weeks ago by a personal trainer at my gym with the plastic clamps and he said I'm at 15%. How much wore weight do you guys think I need to lose to get a ripped 6 pack? 20 pounds? All I care about is a 6 pack. I don't care if I lose muscle from other body parts any more.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

Guys dont laugh at me for this..... But I done 40 days of the insanity w/o and holy **** did I get lean. Thats my only advice to you if you want em quick. But as you know what worked for me might not work for you... Good luck brother.
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

I have bad news for you. If you are loosing muscle mass that means you are catabolic. If you are catabolic your body wants to preserve fat at the cost of muscle.

Your pursuit of the 6-pack is all wrong.

BTW - you don't need to be a vegan to clean up your diet.

How much protein are you consuming?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.59%

I eat about 6 to 8 eggs a day, including yolk. One hemp powder shake that's like 30 grams, and a few handfuls of random nuts.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.49%

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMike View Post
    I eat about 6 to 8 eggs a day, including yolk. One hemp powder shake that's like 30 grams, and a few handfuls of random nuts.
    Not an expert but thats probably not enough protein, I am the same height as you but weigh about 35lbs less and 4 of my meals a day will have 30-35g protein in them whilst the other 2 will have 50-60g protein [currently eating about 800cals over maintenance for bulking]

A book I read that really helped me figure out what to eat for my height/weight and goals is 'Macrobolic Nutrition' don't currently have it to hand so can't remember the author but was laid out very well and easy to understand/apply!
    Still learning but thats helped massively
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

That is about 60g of protein max. You are extremely deficient in protein intake.

It's really not that difficult for a beginner to be successful.

Take your body weight and multiply it by (10-12 for edomorphs) (12-14 for mesomorph) (15+ for ectomorph) to determine your calorie for weight loss. This is a very rough estimate. Your activity level and response is unique to each individual.

Multiply your body weight by 1-1.5g to establish your protein requirements.

Multiply your calories by .20-.30 to establish your fat calorie requirements.

Balance of calories comprised of carbohydrates.

This is a very basic blue print. Maintain a static diet for 3 to 4 weeks and adjust accordingly, adding or subtracting as required. The macro nutrients will vary for body types and will improve as you experiment.

There is no one diet for everyone. Meticulous documentation is the key to success.

By the looks of your picture your vegan diet is starving you fat.

What is your body type?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.59%

Well, I pretty much overdosed on protein last night. Had like 12 eggs and 2 packages of Cashews. Plus I ate a baked potato and a bunch of prunes.

Wow, I haven't had a meal that big in a loooong time. I've just been basically starving myself trying to drop weight but I finally had to give into a big meal of protein based on everyone constantly telling me I'm not getting enough protein plus my body being tremendously sore from all the hard training I do.

It's pretty crazy, after 10 hours of sleep I awoke to a smaller belly and a bit more muscle in my abdomen. Weird. I know.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.49%

Well, I pretty much overdosed on protein last night. Had like 12 eggs and 2 packages of Cashews. Plus I ate a baked potato and a bunch of prunes.

Wow, I haven't had a meal that big in a loooong time. I've just been basically starving myself trying to drop weight but I finally had to give into a big meal of protein based on everyone constantly telling me I'm not getting enough protein plus my body being tremendously sore from all the hard training I do.

It's pretty crazy, after 10 hours of sleep I awoke to a smaller belly and a bit more muscle in my abdomen. Weird. I know.
    You might find it easier spreading it out sensibly throughout the day every 3-4hours etc
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.56%

My wife is Vegetarian so what you want to do is make sure you eat 6-8 times per day and vary your protein sources. Not only will you get protein from eggs, but also select vegetables, beans, tofu, etc. You should also supplement with some BCAA's , Flax Oil, and HEMP protein is great. Here's a brief list of high protein sources outside of meat:

One cup of cooked soybeans (29 gms of protein), lentils (18 gms of protein), black beans (15 gms of protein), kidney beans (13 gms of protein), chickpeas (12 gms of protein), veggie baked beans (12 gms of protein), pinto beans (12 gms of protein), black-eyed peas (11 gms of protein), peas (9 gms of protein), spinach (5 gms of protein) and broccoli (4 gms of protein)

As mentioned above...make sure you keep track of your diet everyday. Some helpful online tools are fitday.com and fatsecret.com.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

10 pounds of fat loss would put you at under 10% BF-- this should yield visible abdominals.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%

Y don't u buy some protein shakes?
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

bro, u need to eat CHICKEN. If u dont know how to cook it, PM me and i will be glad to help you out. u can go buy a bag of breast at walmart for like six bucks. get some whey protein powder.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.38%

LOL at

Overdosed my ass.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.81%

bodybuilding.com/fun/drwilley3.htm

This article was the first thing I did.
    I followed his 5% rule. I.e if I didn't lose weight that week. I reduced calories by 5% or added 5mins to my cardio. Sure enough 3 months later I had a six pack.

Now I do carb cycling for my diets which keeps me happier (i hate low carbs)
    This is the best guide for it I have found.
    t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performan ce/the_carb_cycling_codex

But to put it simply. I started with a number of calories I think it was 2500 at the time. Then I keep reducing that or adding cardio every week I didn't lose weight. But also if I lost weight too quickly I added a few more calories. The method I found was fool proof.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

If you don't mind reading a little there is a book called The six-pack diet plan. by Rehan Jalali. You can learn alot by reading it. If you have a kindle you can but it for like 5.99 or something like that. Or get it through amazon.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  335 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.53%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    bro, u need to eat CHICKEN. If u dont know how to cook it, PM me and i will be glad to help you out. u can go buy a bag of breast at walmart for like six bucks. .
    or get a george foreman grill and cook it on there. I call that cooking for dummies. Put some Olive oil and some spices on there and youa re good to go. Skip the bbq sauce and ketchup

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. The 6 Pack Bag
    By Chico222 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM
  3. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:46 PM
  4. How'd u get your six pack abs?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 01:14 PM