Awesome Keto Diet recomendations please?

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
i've been on Anabolic Pump for the past 3 weeks and ive began to notice it hasnt had any good effects on me when it comes to cutting, since im an insulin sensitive individual. ive been taking AP 20 min before a 40-60g carb containing meal, and nothing.

so ive decided to try out Ketogenic diets. They've worked really well for insulin sensitive individuals, and the first thing it eliminates is abdominal fat, so thats getting me pretty happy already :D

can you guys give me good recomendations for a cutting keto diet?

here are my stats:

height: 5'8.5"
weight: 180lb
bf: 21%

im hoping on cutting down my body fat and maybe losing a few 20 pounds. can you guys also post your progress on keto diets?

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it, but is workin for me

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
I actually came up with a pretty decent one after some research

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 cup of cheddar cheese (816 cal, 58g of protein, 1.7g of carbs, 64g of fat)

Meal 2: Boneless Chicken Breast, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (530 cal, 58g of protein, 7g of carbs, 20g of fat)

Meal 3: post-w w/ 2 scoops of whey and a cookie roll protein bar (534 cal, 73g of protein, 35g of carbs, 8g of fat)

Meal 4: 2 scoops of whey before bed (234 cal, 48g of protein, 4g of carbs, 4g of fat)

It's really odd, but that's the best I could come up with for now. Any feedback on it? And how good has Keto worked for you so far?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They've worked really well for insulin sensitive individuals, and the first thing it eliminates is abdominal fat, so thats getting me pretty happy already :D
BS bro.

The only pro to keto is rapid initial water weight loss due to glycogen depletion. Cons are insane cravings, flat muscles, less energy at high intensity levels, and plugged bowels. Have fun.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
The science behind the CKD is that carbs in the diet cause an insulin output in the pancreas. It used to store glycogen, amino acids into muscles, while causing excess calories to be stored as fat. So how can you break down fat when your body is in storage mode? This is how.

Your body starts rising in catecholamines (fat mobilizing hormone), cortisol, and growth hormone. Now your body realizes that since theres no more carbs to burn for energy, it needs to find another energy source: FAT, which usually happens during a metabolic condition called ketosis.

You might have less energy, but they can easily be overcomes with multi-vitamins. Muscle can be preserved with BCAA's, and I'm even growing muscle with creatine and a good water supply.

Again, some diets are not for everyone, but this works especially well for me since I'm insulin addictive (the type of guy that can't have enough from chips, pastries, and all that junk, lol)

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The science behind the CKD is that carbs in the diet cause an insulin output in the pancreas. It used to store glycogen, amino acids into muscles, while causing excess calories to be stored as fat. So how can you break down fat when your body is in storage mode? This is how.

Your body starts rising in catecholamines (fat mobilizing hormone), cortisol, and growth hormone. Now your body realizes that since theres no more carbs to burn for energy, it needs to find another energy source: FAT, which usually happens during a metabolic condition called ketosis.

You might have less energy, but they can easily be overcomes with multi-vitamins. Muscle can be preserved with BCAA's, and I'm even growing muscle with creatine and a good water supply.

Again, some diets are not for everyone, but this works especially well for me since I'm insulin addictive (the type of guy that can't have enough from chips, pastries, and all that junk, lol)
I am a type-1 diabetic so I am very familiar with what insulin does and does not do.

That founding logic behind the supposed advantages of a keto diet is bunk. Here's why: insulin levels are not a good indicator of how much fat will be stored.

Calorie for calorie, carbs DO require significantly more insulin to be metabolized than fats. However a calorie is, for all intents and purposes for overall fat loss, a... calorie! Surprise!

So yes, eating a 100 grams of carbs will trigger more insulin ouput than 100 grams of fat but it is still 100 calories. These are different macros and go through different metabolic pathways.

Don't get caught up in all the hype.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
That's why I'm still creating a 500 calorie deficit in my diet, because I intend on cutting instead of maintaining. My maintenance is 2700, so I'm keeping it at 2200, and I've already determined through calculations how much calories from fat, from protein, and how little carbs I'll be eating

Also to phatmike, did you take carbs post workout? Cause the weekend means carb-ups, but I don't know if I have to take carbs post on CKD

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i've been on Anabolic Pump for the past 3 weeks and ive began to notice it hasnt had any good effects on me when it comes to cutting, since im an insulin sensitive individual. ive been taking AP 20 min before a 40-60g carb containing meal, and nothing.

so ive decided to try out Ketogenic diets. They've worked really well for insulin sensitive individuals, and the first thing it eliminates is abdominal fat, so thats getting me pretty happy already :D

can you guys give me good recomendations for a cutting keto diet?

here are my stats:

height: 5'8.5"
weight: 180lb
bf: 21%

im hoping on cutting down my body fat and maybe losing a few 20 pounds. can you guys also post your progress on keto diets?
Works for me. I'm insulin resistant, so I keep carbs very low. Probably averaging about 50g of carbs a day, works great for me. I make sure to up my fat intake, mostly in the form of fish oil.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glutamine may have adverse effects in ketosis and needs to be individually assessed. To remain in ketosis one must have there liver out of glycogen. Since glutamine can aid in glycogen re-synthesis it may knock you out of ketosis or prevent you from entering ketosis. L-glutamine is broken down more in the muscles then used for glycogen storage and may be an alternative to glutamine. It is also notable that due to fact that glycogen stores are empty the lack of glucose may effect your brain functions in different ways. Though there is no direct evidence supporting it supplementing with Glutamine/L-glutaime may have positive effects on libido problems commonly found in males who are in ketosis.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Im taking in a small scoop on post and before bed. Too much?

spimp187

Awards
Keto has worked wonders for me. I am in the best shape of my life at 38 years old. I do CKD and it is working well for me. I tried TKD and encountered many of the side effects that most people complain about when they go on keto, i.e., lack of energy, cravings, feel like crap, etc.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
That's why I'm still creating a 500 calorie deficit in my diet, because I intend on cutting instead of maintaining. My maintenance is 2700, so I'm keeping it at 2200, and I've already determined through calculations how much calories from fat, from protein, and how little carbs I'll be eating

Also to phatmike, did you take carbs post workout? Cause the weekend means carb-ups, but I don't know if I have to take carbs post on CKD
well the most carbs i take in all day are 20g or less and most of them before workout so i get some energy and can burn em off. i try to eat less after my workout so i dont hold extra fat ,protein or carbs. my cheat/carb days are once every 3 weeks, yesterday i maxed on carbs and didnt exercise and im feelin more energetic today. i got my carb fix for the next few weeks. i just dont want to get like any carbs in me only on those days