Followup to thread-Trying to Calculate BMI

1. Followup to thread-Trying to Calculate BMI

This is a follow-up to this thread..
    Perfect diet/Cannot get rid of love handles

I have been "cutting" for over a month now. I have put on weight ever so slightly. I am not sure if it is muscle. I don't see how it could be fat with the diet I have been eating, the cardio I have been doing, and my stack-ALCAR, CLA, Hydroxycut, Green Tea Extract, and the Mega Men "energy" vitamin from GNC. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week, sometimes twice a day..

I am trying to get an accurate BMI done. I am not sure how to go about this.
    I don't think my BMI could be accurate. My reason for this is I am 5'9, My waist is 32 inches. All of my fat is in my midsection..If I don't have a lot of fat on my midsection as evidenced by my waist size, then my BMI is probably not accurate. Anyone have any easy solution to getting an accurate BMI? I have Google searched high and low for places in Pittsburgh to get it done. I can't find any.

2. Why do you want to know your BMI? BMI is very inaccurate. Its just a ratio of total weight to height.

Do you mean BMR? Basic Metabolic Rate?
    •   

3. If you're talking about your BMR so you know how many calories to take in then the Harris Benedict Equation is pretty good:

Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

Once you have your BMR than you can multiply this depending on how much activity you do:

1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you have your BMR and activity level sorted then it's just a case of reducing the calories by 500 in order to lose weight.

There is more information and a calculator to workout your BMR at http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

4. It would also be helpful to get a body fat caliper and take several measurements to figure out your BF%. it's helpful to have another person help out, though, since a lot of the measurements are in hard to reach places

5. Actually I did a Google search and messaged someone in another forum. There is a place in Pittsburgh that has the Bod Pod..I called and am trying to get an appointment to get an accurate BMI done so I know where I am at.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 12:29 AM
  2. Master Thread: Cutting - Followup Question
    By MF210 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
  3. Really want a lean bulk, how can I calculate...
    By Theipodpeople in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 01:50 AM
  4. KiloSports Revolt w/Attack followup?
    By slayer in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 11:05 AM
  5. Calculate your conversions here!
    By bigpetefox in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:13 PM