ive lost 70+lbs, but struggling losing the last 30-40????help please

zacrob23

Awards
so far ive lost around 70+lbs, started at 305 down to 230, been around 230 for a few months now the only difference is i started lifting at the end of july which has been a plus on appearance, but i still have the man boobs and gut...except everyhting is really soft almost like water under the skin, not too much excess skin yet idk how to explain, its just plain nasty...ive started with a very restricte protein intake when i started in january and have quit listing to the fitness place i was going too because of this, i lost alot of muscle with that program and become very weak, plus she only had me doin cardio, wish i would have known better, anyways now ive upped the protein and tried cuttin calories but my energy level gets so low i hate that, and in the end ill lose 4lbs then gain 4lbs, almost like my body is wher it should be...idk i just want to get rid of the excess fat...can anybody help me and give me any suggestions???thanks zach

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you need to start with is figuring out what you are eating now. Then make some small changes to bring down total calories A LITTLE, and do it in ways that doesn't leave you feeling energy starved or hungry. then continue lifting, and add in some cardio. Amazingly, 20 minutes 3x a week of high intensity interval training will make a huge difference.

The main thing really is making the new eating + exercise patterns habits, not something you are doing to reach a goal. expect to eat like that the rest of your life, and expect to put time in for physical activity the rest of your life.

zacrob23

Awards
thanks man...currently i am weight training 4x a week, ive been doing just steady state cardio 3-4 times a week with bball too...would you recommend high intensity over low...and if so, what would be some good high intensity...sprints?? i used too sprint/jog 1-2 blocks walk 1 block, haha i know not to good...any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks zach

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
What you need to start with is figuring out what you are eating now. Then make some small changes to bring down total calories A LITTLE, and do it in ways that doesn't leave you feeling energy starved or hungry. then continue lifting, and add in some cardio. Amazingly, 20 minutes 3x a week of high intensity interval training will make a huge difference.

The main thing really is making the new eating + exercise patterns habits, not something you are doing to reach a goal. expect to eat like that the rest of your life, and expect to put time in for physical activity the rest of your life.
^^^Have to agree with Easy on this one!! Thats what i would recommended!

VeganMike

Awards
I became a vegan except I eat eggs and it changed my life. Tons of energy.

All I eat is fruits, nuts, vegetables, and eggs.

If you can't give up meat at least cut out dairy and gluten and you'll see results.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so far ive lost around 70+lbs, started at 305 down to 230, been around 230 for a few months now the only difference is i started lifting at the end of july which has been a plus on appearance, but i still have the man boobs and gut...except everyhting is really soft almost like water under the skin, not too much excess skin yet idk how to explain, its just plain nasty...ive started with a very restricte protein intake when i started in january and have quit listing to the fitness place i was going too because of this, i lost alot of muscle with that program and become very weak, plus she only had me doin cardio, wish i would have known better, anyways now ive upped the protein and tried cuttin calories but my energy level gets so low i hate that, and in the end ill lose 4lbs then gain 4lbs, almost like my body is wher it should be...idk i just want to get rid of the excess fat...can anybody help me and give me any suggestions???thanks zach
Good to know that you realized that you weren't going about fat loss correctly or effectuvely.

I highly recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition (including supplementation - you only need the basic staples) and training for effective and successful fat loss.

I definitely agree with Eric as well re this:

thanks man...currently i am weight training 4x a week, ive been doing just steady state cardio 3-4 times a week with bball too...would you recommend high intensity over low...and if so, what would be some good high intensity...sprints?? i used too sprint/jog 1-2 blocks walk 1 block, haha i know not to good...any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks zach
High intensity cardio is better than low intensity cardio for fat loss.

~Rosie~

zacrob23

Awards
wow thanks rosie!!! just read your article, great article..thanks for the great advice

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow thanks rosie!!! just read your article, great article..thanks for the great advice
No worries :) As long as you follow the principles in that article, you should be fine.

~Rosie~